Thread: Gloriana
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2013, 10:48 PM   #95
lly
Default notes

First, this post is very useful information if you didn't read through the whole thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bharatma View Post
1. Bugs:
The game is horribly bugged in the unpatched version and AFAIK only 10% of those bugs were patched. Also judging from the text files (in the German version) it seems that there were a lot more missions planned than made it into the game.
2. Adventure:
The game has sort of a quest line that includes several missions you do for the queen and might even reward you with some nice videos.
However the line is not continuous and each part requires you to be in a certain port during a certain period of time. So you can easily miss your next mission which will kill most of or even the whole questline.
3. Trade:
Elizabeth I. employs a new trade system which is outright stupid and was fixed in Patrizier II (The Patrician 2 in English afaik).
Price is calculated by supply and demand as in most of those games BUT supply includes not only what's in store at the port but also what you got in your ship.
If you were for example bringing 2 shiploads of beer to a town that has no beer at all, the price would plummet because there's a lot of beer on your ships and you wouldn't be able to sell at a profit. The only way to work around this is to limit the amount of each type of cargo you haul. The upside is, that you can keep prices low for goods you want to buy frequently just by keeping enough of them in stock at the port.
Also

Quote:
Originally Posted by FobicoDAM View Post
Ok, i have mastered the game... almost... i still cant get the "reputation" thing..
It seems pretty straightforward: loan cash to the city hall treasurer 10k at a time and it bumps you up through several levels (no one cares; people leave you alone; you're respected; etc.) One poster above says things get sketchy if you loan more than 50% of the town's request. It's possible the coders wanted to simulate ahole locals coming up with an excuse not to repay you, but it's more likely (if that's accurate) that it's just a bug.