PDA

View Full Version : Awsome Space Strategy Game!

Triggatime
08-11-2006, 04:29 AM
I hope this is the right place to post this, :devil: it seemed like the best.

I recently had a flashback and have been trying very hard to remember the name. I never could beat it when I a child and now I feel I must complete what I started. LOL. Plus I remember it being very fun and challanging. However, i was quite young and might be wrong.

Game play: I don't remember how the game is played exactly. This game is a mostly strategy game which takes place in space and I think you play the captain of a ship. One view of the game you see the solar system and all the planets in it and all your, and the enemy's, ships orbiting planets. They were just different colord dots. You can land on a planet and it switch to a map of the planet. In map of the planet mode you can fly around and check parts in a grid. I remember at one point your searching for pylons on some planet. A big part of the game was exploring planets and colleting clues and technology. I think the technology could be used to invent things. Thats all i can remember as far as gameplay.

Key points: During the game i believe you have advisors who give you help. I believe their was a military advisor and others, maybe medical, or political. One of the most most entertaining, awsome, and memerable parts of the game is that if you were slacking in a certain area, lets say your military skills sucked, they would have a video clip of your military advisor assassinate you:devil: . I remember one clip was a mutunous advisor walks in your quarter while your sleeping and shoots you will a pistol. Thier were many other ways entertaining videos of advisors killing you if you were slacking but i can't remember. At one point I went against some aliens that kepts killing all my ships and my advisor kept assassinating me.

Thanks for taking the time to read this, i hope it was enough

Trigga

P.S. please help, this is killing me

The Fifth Horseman
08-11-2006, 09:24 AM
May be Reunion or one of the Star Control games.

Borodin
08-11-2006, 01:49 PM
Definitely not the Star Control titles. They had no provision for advisors, much less ones that murdered you in your sleep.

Triggatime
08-11-2006, 02:25 PM
no its not starcontrol or reunion. Although reunion does look a little bit similar. However when your actually on a planet its more like a big grid and Dune 1 type graphics than C&C or Dune 2. I dont think you actually build anything on any other planets, i think you just explore them for clues and resources.

I remember thinking it was the most awsome game when i was young. I would think that your own advisors killing you when you were messing up would be a give away as I've never seen something like that in a game.

Triggatime
08-11-2006, 02:41 PM
Here are some games that I know are not it

Planets edge, Reunion, starcontrol, maelstrom, Supremacy/Overlord, Ascendancy,Master of Orion, Millennium - Return to Earth, star legions.

They do look similar based on the pics here in abandonia. I'm shocked how many very similar games their are but I'm certain these are not it.

leileilol
08-11-2006, 06:35 PM
could it be Command Adventures: Starship by Merit Software/Future Vision?

The Fifth Horseman
09-11-2006, 11:30 AM
I remember a game called "Emperor of the Fading Suns". Might be that?

Triggatime
09-11-2006, 03:13 PM
Its definitely not Emperor of the Fading Suns or Command Adventures: Starship

fmc83
11-11-2006, 11:58 AM
Could it be Dark Universe???
that's the best picture I found, but you had some advisors, too. I just played it for some minutes and that years ago, so I can't say anything about the gameplay...

http://www.thelegacy.de/pics/screen/d/darku.jpg

you can get it here (but I think it's in german)

http://cgi.ebay.de/Prototype-und-Dark-Univ...1QQcmdZViewItem (http://cgi.ebay.de/Prototype-und-Dark-Universe_W0QQitemZ190047373439QQihZ009QQcategoryZ3 3297QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)

guesst
11-11-2006, 02:15 PM
Nobody's mentioned StarFlight (http://www.geocities.com/timessquare/maze/4979/starflight.html) yet. I never played the game enough, but parts of your description smack of familiarity.

Triggatime
14-11-2006, 08:46 PM
Its def not starflight either. I'm almost sure its not Dark Universe, I did some searching to double check but could'nt find anything. I dont think Dark Universe is it though, the game I'm thinking about has a somewhat similar map screen but I remember it being more 3D with lil diffent colord dots revolving around planets representing different specie's ships.

The key feature that I think would help jog peoples memory is that your own advisors assassinated you when you were slacking in certain areas. At the time I remember that being the coolest thing. I would perposfully suck in the various departments sometimes just so I could see a new video of a different advisor assassinate me. haha
It was so evil, I think it happened fairly abruptly too. I would just be playing along, then suddenly watch a video of me getting killed, often in some exotic manner, and I would be sitting there like "WTF. did that just really happen?"