PDA

View Full Version : Unknown Titles

Kreepah
05-05-2006, 12:04 PM
I cant remember much but see what you can make out of it.

First ones a puzzle game.
I think you were a blue alien with protuding eyes, like a slug and it was very much like boulder dash or rock ford. With the falling boulders when you make the dirt or material that under the boulder dissapear . Im pretty sure there were enemies. The game had a remade litte spanish bee instrumental playing and some other cool midis.

Second was a adventure.
It was a point and click type of interface like scumm games and maybe used commands to interact with items like maniac mansion, monkey island I & II , etc.
You were a guy with a jacket and you could select locations from an outer view or map.

wormpaul
05-05-2006, 12:20 PM
For the second:

Could be BLADE RUNNER....(but probally not old enough)

The Fifth Horseman
05-05-2006, 01:00 PM
Second sounds a bit like Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis.

efthimios
05-05-2006, 02:23 PM
Is the first one Jumping Jackson?

Kreepah
06-05-2006, 02:05 PM
Yeah blade runner is too new, the second one wasnt indiana jones (not a scumm engine but similair) and the alien on jumping jack is yellow and his eyes dont protude similarly to a slugs, nice guesses though.If it helps, the games were on demo discs that came from magazines in australia (i think one was PC Power Play. I think some of the demos they came with were pickle wars, the dig and teenagent so id say before or up 1995 the games came out. Also, the games may have been for windows.

Man i wish had some demo discs from that time.

Mighty Midget
07-05-2006, 12:33 AM
Edited/re-written

About that second game, was it about this obnoxious little brat who started in a sleazy hotel room in search of a professor friend? The game I'm thinking of is extremly cartoonish with a large amount of weird/silly humour, also huge verb and menu icons. I haven't got the name right now, but I've got it on a CD, if only I can find it.

Edit: It could be a LA game, in which case you can only get the name :wall:

Kreepah
09-05-2006, 08:22 AM
I dont think ive played the game and cant remember seeing it. I doubt it was cartoony though, maybe im wrong? Ill keep it in mind though

Edit: What do you mean ill only be able to get the name, Esa protection?

Icewolf
09-05-2006, 08:35 AM
The second one could be what is in Germany "Baphomet's Fluch". I don't know the international name. I think it's "Broken Sword". But that didn't have the interface.

efthimios
09-05-2006, 09:34 AM
I think the second one is one of the Manhunter games. circa 1989 or so.

Reup
09-05-2006, 11:51 AM
The first sounds a bit like Bombuzal (http://www.abandonia.com/games/en/588/Bombuzal.htm), judging by the blue alien with protruding eyes... but that's not like BoulderDash at all...

Mighty Midget
09-05-2006, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by Kreepah@May 9 2006, 08:22 AM
Edit: What do you mean ill only be able to get the name, Esa protection?
As I said it could be a LucasArts game. The reason I say this is because (sorry for saying this out loud and you can not have a copy) I've got a cd with old adventure games. The cd is labeled LA collection, allthough I'm not sure about that particular game.. The bottom line is that if it is a LA game, it's probably protected. Sorry.

BUT: I searched LA's dungeon and didn't find any titles that rung any bells. This means hope :Brain: :ok:

Kreepah
12-05-2006, 05:56 AM
Isnt manhunter like the old kings quest, where you type commands? the game was point n click. Bombuzal wasnt the game, the eyes dont protrude like a slugs eyes, gettin closer though.

Mighty Midgit, it actually was cartoonish, i dont know how extreme though. If you find out tell me or can provide a screenshot.

gregor
12-05-2006, 08:12 AM
Originally posted by Kreepah@May 6 2006, 02:05 PM
... pickle wars...
OFFTOPIC: Is pickle wars still sold or protected?

The Fifth Horseman
12-05-2006, 12:55 PM
I've been checking around for it a while back, and seems like it's sold.
Except the first episode, which is shareware.
Either way, it ain't too good a game, IMO.

efthimios
12-05-2006, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by Kreepah@May 12 2006, 06:56 AM
Isnt manhunter like the old kings quest, where you type commands?
No. Mouse driven as far as I remember, both of them.

Mighty Midget
12-05-2006, 10:52 PM
Does Bud Tucker ring a bell?

http://www.quandaryland.com/jsp/dispArticle.jsp?index=615

This is the game I was thinking about. It isn't an LA game :Brain: after all.

Kreepah
18-05-2006, 01:41 AM
yeah bud tucker sounds familiar,do you know where i can get it? and the url you gave doesnt work.

I will look into manhunter too, isnt it sierra though? where can i buy it from?

Mighty Midget
18-05-2006, 01:51 PM
Bud Tucker In Double Trouble (1996)

Developed: Merit Studios

Publish: TopWare Interactive

The only clue on availability, I'm afraid, that I found, was that it is a collector's item being sold. Ebay, Amazon and MobyGames had none. A visit to TopWare revealed nothing as well. I guess this is one of those games that you need shedloads of luck to find. Too bad, really :(

EDIT: http://gametz.com/?Affiliate=57&item=Bud%2BTucker&A=Games (auction?)