Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Troubleshooting
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 29-04-2011, 02:40 AM   #1
jmcdtucson
Default Installing Wizardry 3

I'm using D-Fend to run Wizardry 3. I can run it fine but the first thing is to create a scenario disk.

I assume it wants a floppy disk to write to.

I've tried various ways of mounting an A drive - floppy as folder, floppy image, but whenever I go to make scenario disk, it tells me there is data on the disk and do I want to format. If I say yes, it says there is a "format error" and that's as far as I get.

Can any one point me in the right direction?

Old 29-04-2011, 04:05 PM   #2
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

You should maybe check what the source sais you got the game from.

I bet on the other hand the flop-disc requirement was changed (removed) anyway, and it should work like Wizardry 1 here on abandonia.
Old 29-04-2011, 05:29 PM   #3
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

Isn't there a specific flag you can use when you mount a drive to specify it as a floppy drive? If you didn't try this yet then it should be your next move.

I am unsure if you can do that with D-Fend though. You would definitely need to type it in somewhere.
Old 29-04-2011, 05:40 PM   #4
Tracker
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmcdtucson View Post
I'm using D-Fend to run Wizardry 3. I can run it fine but the first thing is to create a scenario disk.

I assume it wants a floppy disk to write to.

I've tried various ways of mounting an A drive - floppy as folder, floppy image, but whenever I go to make scenario disk, it tells me there is data on the disk and do I want to format. If I say yes, it says there is a "format error" and that's as far as I get.

Can any one point me in the right direction?
You don't need to create a scenario disk. At least in my version of the game it said "You can't play without making a scenario disk!" - but when I press S it just starts the game. It was only implemented for making a backup copy of your original disks in order to save them from daily wear, if I'm correct. By the way, won't you need to import your characters from Wizardry 2?

Reverend Preacherbot: Wretched sinner unit! The path to Robot Heaven lies here, in the Good Book 3.0.
Bender: Hey. Do I preach at you when you're lying stoned in the gutter? No!
Tracker is offline                         Send a private message to Tracker
Old 30-04-2011, 02:08 AM   #5
jmcdtucson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracker View Post
You don't need to create a scenario disk. At least in my version of the game it said "You can't play without making a scenario disk!" - but when I press S it just starts the game. It was only implemented for making a backup copy of your original disks in order to save them from daily wear, if I'm correct. By the way, won't you need to import your characters from Wizardry 2?
Thanks! It's working fine now. I started with Wizardry 1.