Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 24-06-2007, 07:43 PM   #1
Blackfury

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Wolfera @ Jun 23 2007, 09:54 PM) [snapback]296000[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
I cant get this game running. :wallbash:
I'm running through dos box, when io open lion.exe i get this message: "hr_hires.c #1,-1".
[/b]
I also have the same problem in DOSBox
btw: Abandonia, keep up the excellent work, I love your page (and what a fine collecton of smilies hehe) :thanx:

Old 24-06-2007, 08:46 PM   #2
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

What do you mean it doesn't work??? I just tested it again, it does work, but it's true, that there's a bit longer waiting time before it starts to run (about half a minute) after the selection and the acctual game (with a wildlife picture - because there's no sound it looks like it is frozen, but just give it more time).
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos
Old 26-06-2007, 09:05 AM   #3

As I said before...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Sebatianos @ Jun 24 2007, 09:46 PM) [snapback]296154[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
I just tested it again, it does work, but it's true, that there's a bit longer waiting time before it starts to run (about half a minute) after the selection and the acctual game (with a wildlife picture - because there's no sound it looks like it is frozen, but just give it more time).
[/b]
So which opening scene do you mean? If it's after the menu when the gameplay should start, just give it a bit more time (and you might try increasing the DOSBox cycles before running the game). If you can't even get to the selection menu then there really might be a problem.

Old 06-04-2008, 07:28 PM   #4
Juky

Question Lion

I we tried to run the lion game on dos I cant I tried to run the game the ordinary way NOT!!! I CANT RUN TI The secknd i chose the lin it throws me out of the game!!!:worried::wondering::worried::wonderi ng:
SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!!! IM dying to play the game!!! <3
Juky is offline                         Send a private message to Juky
Old 07-04-2008, 03:34 PM   #5
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

And of course you didn't tell us jack about the computer's specs, exact DOS version you're using or the settings you've entered in the game's sound setup...

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 07-04-2008, 08:14 PM   #6
Juky

Is anyone online?
Old 07-04-2008, 08:27 PM   #7
Juky

Any 1 here I have a question. On Lion can you have cubs ? Please hep. And if you can please share
Old 07-04-2008, 08:51 PM   #8
dosraider
Dismembered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juky View Post
Any 1 here.....
I'm not a 1, but I can tell you this:
A lion can't get cubs, a lioness can. Talk to your mother.
And somewhere in the 100 posts you'll find plenty info.

Not a member of The Victorious People's Shoutbox Liberation Army.
Not a member of the GAG Guerrilla. Don't get A Grip!
FOR RENT
*Advertising space*
dosraider is offline                         Send a private message to dosraider
Old 11-04-2008, 12:43 AM   #9
Valar

Has anyone been able to run Lion using DOSBox? I keep trying, but nothing I do works. I've read the entire thread and tried all the steps people have posted, but I'm still getting the 'hr_hires.c #1.-1' bug.

I tried changing the path in the LION.CFG , but I'm not even sure what I should change it to.

Any help?
Valar is offline                         Send a private message to Valar
Old 11-04-2008, 02:11 PM   #10
Ironlion
Forum hobbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valar View Post
Has anyone been able to run Lion using DOSBox? I keep trying, but nothing I do works. I've read the entire thread and tried all the steps people have posted, but I'm still getting the 'hr_hires.c #1.-1' bug.

I tried changing the path in the LION.CFG , but I'm not even sure what I should change it to.

Any help?
I had success using it with VDMS actually, though as i recall you are unlikely to get any sound working with it.

The game is really only a little interesting for a short while though... sleeping, hunting, etc. can only keep you interested for so long .
Ironlion is offline                         Send a private message to Ironlion