Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 03-12-2005, 11:11 AM   #1881
another_guest
Abandonia Homie

Quote:
Originally posted by Acolyte@Dec 3 2005, 09:09 AM
My whole squad gets blasted into oblivion before i enter the base and my best solidiers hawe 3-30 psi streangh.
Any tips?
Give your troops psi training (which will improve their ability to mind control aliens, but I seem to remember it didn't help in terms of resistance against psi attacks), and keep recruiting new soldiers then discard those with too little psi strength. I'd rather have good psi guys than excellent shooters who get under alien control the moment they set foot on Cydonia.
It might take you a couple of months before your troops are ready for Cydonia...
Old 03-12-2005, 02:01 PM   #1882
*Happy*

Quote:
Originally posted by another_guest@Dec 3 2005, 12:11 PM
Give your troops psi training (which will improve their ability to mind control aliens, but I seem to remember it didn't help in terms of resistance against psi attacks)
You're right, Psy skill doesn't help against Psionic attacks. Psy strength helps vs. mind control and bravery helps vs. panicking attacks. Unfortunately, you can't raise Psy strength and it's very hard to raise Bravery - this means if your soldier is suspectable to psionic attacks when you hire him, he'll remain that way throught the game. I've noticed that Alien Psykers deliberately attack your most vulnerable soldiers.

When going to Mars, forget anyone with Psy strength less than 50 and maybe also anyone with Bravery less that 40. The greatest threat on Mars is being blown to bits by your own Blaster Launchers.

Old 03-12-2005, 02:42 PM   #1883
Kearnsy
Games Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Acolyte@Dec 3 2005, 09:09 AM
U meant aftermatch right?
Ive heard that its not too good coz there is onlt one height level and you cant enter buildings nor destroy them.

Oh i have an gameplay problem ive reasearched everything on earth (corpses guns live aliens even sectopods and celatids) and i want to blast away cydonia but i have an problen.
My whole squad gets blasted into oblivion before i enter the base and my best solidiers hawe 3-30 psi streangh.
Any tips?
No Aftershock is the squel to aftermath.
There are 4+ hieght levels and you can destroy tons of stuff. There are far more reasearch items and the concept is different as you are trying to take back the earth from the aliens, one country at a time.
I have taken most of Europe and am starting on the US (after about 25 hours!!!) ...yeah its bloody adictive!

...Anyhoo, my two cents:
You MUST have a very good Psi level. Blaster bombs go well and Heavy Plasmas are handy for more inclosed areas. Try to spread out but keep your individual soldiers close enough so that they can have a shot to help out the others.

If you rush it you will fail. patience, patience. :bye:
Kearnsy is offline                         Send a private message to Kearnsy
Old 05-12-2005, 08:58 AM   #1884
UFO-Junkie

OK, some words about getting mind-controlled:
1. As said above, PSI-Strength is an UNCHANGEABLE value. You can`t higher or lower it by no ways.
2. This is the value which defines if a soldier is mind controlled or not.
3. Aliens only mind-controll who they see! So there is no problem in taking PSI-weaklings in etheral bases or to Cyd. Just hide them carefully and let them sniper out of the Avenger. (That is actually the point why taking them with you, if they are no sharp-shooters with an aimed-shot percentage above 100 just get rid of them.)
4. 2-4 good (and I mean very good!) psi-troopers who can mind control the aliens are far enough to make the largest UFO of any race completely clear, bases and Cyd as well. Just search for aliens with either a soldier with a high (80 +) Psi-Strength or a (hoover)-tank and controll the aliens. This brings their morale down very fast and you might witness a crazy Etheral who blows up a blaster bomb in his own battleship.
5. The most helpful rule again: Don`t show yourself, don`t get controlled - show yourself, get controlled.

Old 05-12-2005, 12:25 PM   #1885
another_guest
Abandonia Homie

Quote:
Originally posted by UFO-Junkie@Dec 5 2005, 09:58 AM
3. Aliens only mind-controll who they see! So there is no problem in taking PSI-weaklings in etheral bases or to Cyd. Just hide them carefully and let them sniper out of the Avenger. (That is actually the point why taking them with you, if they are no sharp-shooters with an aimed-shot percentage above 100 just get rid of them.)
True, but that's quite risky imo... Some aliens have better sight than us poor humans, and on top they can play the same game: take a look at the arriving troops, go back into hiding, then mind control.
Old 05-12-2005, 01:41 PM   #1886
aaaaaaa2

Send a message via MSN to aaaaaaa2

Umm,When do you get armours??? cause i am really pissed at those 1 hit kills the enemies get..... :help:
aaaaaaa2 is offline                         Send a private message to aaaaaaa2
Old 05-12-2005, 03:40 PM   #1887
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

When you RESEARCH the ALIEN ALLOYS, RESEARCH the PERSONAL ARMOR. Then you can MANUFACTURE the PERSONAL ARMOR.
And of course there are two higher armours, but I don't recommend building any Power Suits as they quickly become obsolete and Flying Suits are so much better.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 05-12-2005, 03:59 PM   #1888
rlbell
Game freak

Quote:
Originally posted by the_fifth_horseman@Dec 5 2005, 04:40 PM
When you RESEARCH the ALIEN ALLOYS, RESEARCH the PERSONAL ARMOR. Then you can MANUFACTURE the PERSONAL ARMOR.
And of course there are two higher armours, but I don't recommend building any Power Suits as they quickly become obsolete and Flying Suits are so much better.
Power armor does have the nice feature that you can walk down ramps. Flying armor adds another 8TU's to the cost of going down stairs, a really annoying problem when exitting the skyranger.

On an unrelated noted, wouldn't side doors be nice for the skyranger and avenger craft?

That being said, I am thankful for the skyranger's side windows; even though, I usually forget to look out them.
rlbell is offline                         Send a private message to rlbell
Old 05-12-2005, 05:14 PM   #1889
Tomahawk

Send a message via AIM to Tomahawk

I....Don`t.....understand......the........game.
Tomahawk is offline                         Send a private message to Tomahawk
Old 05-12-2005, 05:47 PM   #1890
Sharp
Game freak

Send a message via ICQ to Sharp

Quote:
Originally posted by another_guest+Dec 5 2005, 01:25 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (another_guest @ Dec 5 2005, 01:25 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-UFO-Junkie@Dec 5 2005, 09:58 AM
3. Aliens only mind-controll who they see! So there is no problem in taking PSI-weaklings in etheral bases or to Cyd. Just hide them carefully and let them sniper out of the Avenger. (That is actually the point why taking them with you, if they are no sharp-shooters with an aimed-shot percentage above 100* just get rid of them.)
True, but that's quite risky imo... Some aliens have better sight than us poor humans, and on top they can play the same game: take a look at the arriving troops, go back into hiding, then mind control. [/b][/quote]
Actually the aliens target your psi-weaklings first automatically. Ever wonder how that sectoid leader in the abductor manages to mindcontrol your weakest trooper while staying in the control room of the ship???

Once an alien spots one of your troops they know everything about all of your troops, dammned cheaters. Once your weakest trooper suffers a psi-attack you should drop all thier stuff (or just a stun rod which aliens dont use), the alien will continue to psi-attack until the unit is mindcontroled (if there are multiple sectoid leaders or against etherals then many of them will attempt to mindcontrol more of your troops starting from the psi-weakest)

« † DxRxIx † »
Sharp is offline                         Send a private message to Sharp