Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Troubleshooting
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 01-03-2009, 04:39 PM   #1
DisposableSaint

Angry DOSbox Help!

In order to begin to run a game your instructions told me to type 'cd flash' in order to start a game, but everyone time I do this it says "Unable to change to: flash". I don't know if I've even set it up right, in dosbox (in notepad) at the bottom I've put

[autoexec]
# Lines in this section will be run at startup.
mount c C:\-t cdrom
mount c C:\ -t cdrom -usecd
mount c C:\ -t cdrom -usecd 0 -ioctl
C:

Is that right and if so why won't DOSbox allow me into my flash folder?
DisposableSaint is offline                         Send a private message to DisposableSaint
Old 01-03-2009, 04:47 PM   #2
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

1) tell us where is your "flash" directory located on your real drive (c:\games\flash, etc), we will tell you how
2)which instructions?
Old 01-03-2009, 05:06 PM   #3
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

Quote:
in dosbox (in notepad) at the bottom I've put

[autoexec]
# Lines in this section will be run at startup.
mount c C:\-t cdrom
mount c C:\ -t cdrom -usecd
mount c C:\ -t cdrom -usecd 0 -ioctl
C:
That doesn't make much sense. You are trying to mount your C:\ drive as a cd-rom... Three times in a row?

First, it would be better if you would mount a subdirectory instead of your C:\ drive directly. I suggest you created a directory named DOS and located at C:\DOS. Then move your game directory there. It should become C:\DOS\FLASH.

You should then replace your three lines in your autoexec file to
"mount c: C:\DOS
C:"

Once it is done, you will be able to type "cd flash" and get to your flash game directory.

I don't understand why you wanted to mount your C: drive as a cdrom three times. Any particular reason?
Old 01-03-2009, 05:54 PM   #4
DisposableSaint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle of Fire View Post
That doesn't make much sense. You are trying to mount your C:\ drive as a cd-rom... Three times in a row?

First, it would be better if you would mount a subdirectory instead of your C:\ drive directly. I suggest you created a directory named DOS and located at C:\DOS. Then move your game directory there. It should become C:\DOS\FLASH.

You should then replace your three lines in your autoexec file to
"mount c: C:\DOS
C:"

Once it is done, you will be able to type "cd flash" and get to your flash game directory.

I don't understand why you wanted to mount your C: drive as a cdrom three times. Any particular reason?
Flash is located in C:\DOSBox\CDrive\Flash, and it was the instructions on http://www.abandonia.com/node/23850 that told me to put those there, as well as the program itself. I put in mount c: C:\DOS C: exactly how you had it but now I'm back to Z Drive (Z:\>) and it's telling me to mount it again.
DisposableSaint is offline                         Send a private message to DisposableSaint
Old 01-03-2009, 06:30 PM   #5
DisposableSaint

UPDATE:

I've mounted Drive C as 'local directory C:\DOSbox\ and now I get C:\> instead of Z:\>. I tried inputting the command "dir" but it still do not See FLASH listed there, and putting cd flash does nothing. Is there anything I can do to make it work properly?
Old 01-03-2009, 06:37 PM   #6
Mighty Midget
Pox Vobiscum

From your previous post I see the Flash directory is located in C:\DOSBox\CDrive\ NOT in C:\DOSbox\

The thing about mounting a folder/directory is that you trick DOSBox (and the computer) to think that folder is a hard drive. You have told your computer C:\DOSbox is the folder it should regard as this emulated hdd, but for some reason you put the game in a SUBfolder there.

You need to point to the correct location.

IF the game folder is located in C:\DOSbox\CDrive, then THAT's the folder you need to point at in that Mount command.
Old 01-03-2009, 06:45 PM   #7
DisposableSaint

UPDATE:

I've now finally found FLASH, entered the configuration, fixed my sound and music etc. and hit escape or q. IT NOW WORKS! THX FOR YOUR HELP!

By the way, where and how could I download the original fallout?
Old 01-03-2009, 06:55 PM   #8
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

You can buy it at GOG.com.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 01-03-2009, 07:00 PM   #9
DisposableSaint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty Midget View Post
From your previous post I see the Flash directory is located in C:\DOSBox\CDrive\ NOT in C:\DOSbox\

The thing about mounting a folder/directory is that you trick DOSBox (and the computer) to think that folder is a hard drive. You have told your computer C:\DOSbox is the folder it should regard as this emulated hdd, but for some reason you put the game in a SUBfolder there.

You need to point to the correct location.

IF the game folder is located in C:\DOSbox\CDrive, then THAT's the folder you need to point at in that Mount command.
Done. I can play one game but when I try the next one ( I select it with 'cd licenc~1) it turns into C:\FLASH\LICENC~1>. I then put C:\FLASH\LICENC~1>cd install like I did for the other game but all I get is 'Illegal Command: install'. How can I play something besides that one game?
Old 01-03-2009, 07:08 PM   #10
DisposableSaint

Nevermind, I just dowloaded TES: Arena and it works fine :thumbs: