Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Search Forums:
Click here to use Advanced Search

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23-09-2009, 05:12 PM   #11
RonStock
Newbie


 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Riverview, United States
Posts: 12
Default NOT WORKING

Game does not work by typing START... it tells me to install... when i try to install i locks up? WTF?
RonStock is offline                         Send a private message to RonStock
Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2009, 05:20 PM   #12
zirkoni
Game Wizzzzzzard
 
zirkoni's Avatar

 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Tampere, Finland
Posts: 491
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonStock View Post
Game does not work by typing START... it tells me to install... when i try to install i locks up? WTF?
Quote:
Originally Posted by zirkoni View Post
The game seems to work only if you mount the game directory as your virtual drive.
mount c "x:\path\time paradox directory"
OR use a hex editor
Quote:
Originally Posted by zirkoni View Post
"paradox.exe" refers to a file called "paratime.inf". It expects to find it from the root c:. If you edit the "paradox.exe" the game should work without having to mount the game folder as c:.
So,
change the "c" at offset $63F to "a" (since the "start.bat" mounts the folder as a: ).
zirkoni is offline                         Send a private message to zirkoni
Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2009, 05:28 PM   #13
TotalAnarchy
Surviving the Dark Age
 
TotalAnarchy's Avatar



 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Chisinau, Moldova, Republic of
Posts: 3,147
Default

Just copy that PARATIME.inf into your cdrive folder (where you unarchived the game folder) and rename the game folder to paratime. I'll add a new archive on site as soon as possible.
TotalAnarchy is offline                         Send a private message to TotalAnarchy
Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2009, 06:11 PM   #14
Frodo
One ring to rule them all...
 
Frodo's Avatar

 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland
Posts: 1,490
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fifth Horseman View Post
*cough*
*cough*
And someone else will have to fix this archive, then.
But I downloaded it from here this morning, to check it, and it works fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonStock View Post
Game does not work by typing START... it tells me to install... when i try to install i locks up? WTF?
Don't try to install it. It's already pre-installed. Try making a shortcut for DosBox on your desktop. Now unzip the game, and drag START onto the DosBox icon.


Quote:
Originally Posted by zirkoni View Post
OR use a hex editor
No need for any hex editors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TotalAnarchy View Post
Just copy that PARATIME.inf into your cdrive folder (where you unarchived the game folder) and rename the game folder to paratime. I'll add a new archive on site as soon as possible.
I didn't copy anything, or rename anything. I just downloaded it, and used START to play the game.


I really don't understand why it works fine for me, but the rest of you are having so much bother.

Has *anyone* else got it to work?
__________________
Please click on the baby dragon eggs to help them grow -














Frodo is offline                         Send a private message to Frodo
Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2009, 06:22 PM   #15
TotalAnarchy
Surviving the Dark Age
 
TotalAnarchy's Avatar



 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Chisinau, Moldova, Republic of
Posts: 3,147
Default

Because yu drag and drop. Everyone else does it the original way, by typing it.
TotalAnarchy is offline                         Send a private message to TotalAnarchy
Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2009, 06:26 PM   #16
dosraider
Dismembered.
 
dosraider's Avatar

 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Dixmuide, Belgium
Posts: 2,767
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
I really don't understand why it works fine for me, but the rest of you are having so much bother.

Has *anyone* else got it to work?
I got it to work, after umount my virtual C: drive and mounted the game dir as virtual C:

See, your drag drop doesn't work if you automount a virtual C in [autoexec]
You must umount that C: first.
And as only n00bs don't automount a virtual C: ..... *sigh*

[sarcasm]
Whos idea was it to name the game folder Time Paradox Game?
Why all that restrain?
Why not call it
This is the Time Paradox Game that I like so much, sure thing
that would be a nice game folder name, and certainly much more 'doslike' then the short Time Paradox Game.
[/sarcasm]
__________________

Not a member of The Victorious People's Shoutbox Liberation Army.
Not a member of the GAG Guerrilla. Don't get A Grip!
FOR RENT
*Advertising space*
dosraider is offline                         Send a private message to dosraider
Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2009, 07:14 PM   #17
Saccade
[BANNED]

 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Highgate, England
Posts: 1,459
Default

Loading games is much easier if you name them, like, "01 - second chapter"; "05 - pub"; "11 - travel 1", etc...

That way, they're in order (if backwards) making it easier to remember where you are.
Saccade is offline                         Send a private message to Saccade
Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2009, 07:22 PM   #18
Frodo
One ring to rule them all...
 
Frodo's Avatar

 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland
Posts: 1,490
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dosraider View Post
See, your drag drop doesn't work if you automount a virtual C in [autoexec]
You must umount that C: first.
And as only n00bs don't automount a virtual C: ..... *sigh*
At least my way works. So there's no need for your complaining.

Quote:
[sarcasm]
Whos idea was it to name the game folder Time Paradox Game?
Why all that restrain?
Why not call it
This is the Time Paradox Game that I like so much, sure thing
that would be a nice game folder name, and certainly much more 'doslike' then the short Time Paradox Game.
[/sarcasm]
What's wrong with calling it Time Paradox Game? That's what it is, after all. And it differentiates from review, walkthrough, and maps.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Saccade View Post
Loading games is much easier if you name them, like, "01 - second chapter"; "05 - pub"; "11 - travel 1", etc...

That way, they're in order (if backwards) making it easier to remember where you are.
That's a good idea Saccade, thankyou.
__________________
Please click on the baby dragon eggs to help them grow -














Frodo is offline                         Send a private message to Frodo
Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2009, 07:30 PM   #19
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD
 
The Fifth Horseman's Avatar


 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Opole, Poland
Posts: 14,268
Default

You're forgetting about the 8-character limit. In DOSBox, that directory name will appear as "Timepa~1".
__________________

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2009, 07:30 PM   #20
Luchsen
Lurking Forever
 
Luchsen's Avatar

 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Bad Konig, Germany
Posts: 3,565
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
At least my way works. So there's no need for your complaining.
That's nice for you, but we have to find a universally valid way (or the nearest to it).


Quote:
Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
What's wrong with calling it Time Paradox Game?
The 8.3 convention. [edit] ^ was faster. [/edit]
__________________
Luchsen is offline                         Send a private message to Luchsen
Reply With Quote
Reply


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Kronolog - The Nazi Paradox Reup Games Discussion 32 08-09-2009 03:27 AM
Time Paradox Paco T 1 07-07-2009 04:18 PM

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump
 


The current time is 10:14 AM (GMT)

 
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.