Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Gaming Zone
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-12-2013, 03:12 AM   #1
Hunter Hunted
Abandonia nerd

Exclamation What do you truthfully think of modern horror gaming?

Right. Where to begin. Oh yeah! Capcom literally ruined Resident Evil after they drifted it into an action series. It may as well be called COD: China Crisis. The ending to RE6 was laughably bad (I'm referring to Chris' ending). It just needed some Aerosmith music and it would have been a precise rip-off of Armageddon. Everything about it was annoyingly generic.

Operation Raccoon City was bogus and therefore shamefully does not deserve to be associated with the franchise, but it is. Some of the Silent Hill titles have retained that series' trademark mix of grotesque creatures and foggy atmosphere, but has only received a lukewarm response. They didn't even continue ObsCure. That's because Hydravision went bust. Final Exam on Xbox LIVE is allegedly a reboot of the first game, not that I care much for it.

Really, now. A lot of horror games (not counting indie ones) are all practically just action games kidding on they are horror games. Even noted examples like Dead Space are just coping RE4 and RE5 but giving it different enemies and similar viewpoints with weaponry to suit where the story takes place. I realize this genre is pretty much dead now, as there's not much else to do, but I reckon if they started producing games like Clock Tower and Siren again, they could see a revival of the genre. The Evil Within looks superb, BTW. I also wouldn't mind a faithful remake of Dino Crisis, or even Alone in the Dark coming to DLC.

I loved pretty much all the horror games from 1996 to 2004.
Hunter Hunted is offline                         Send a private message to Hunter Hunted