Luchsen
Lurking Forever

It is on Reloaded.
Old 29-03-2009, 11:31 AM   #302
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdfgertj View Post
This is an indie game, shouldn't it be moved to Reloaded?
The only reason it's here is because it was here before Reloaded came into being.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 14-04-2009, 11:19 AM   #303
legolas558

Thumbs down This is crap

This is crap, I cannot find the runtime package anywhere..why don't you fix the game archive by putting the runtime package in it? Tsk.
legolas558 is offline                         Send a private message to legolas558
Old 14-04-2009, 11:23 AM   #304
Paco
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via ICQ to Paco Send a message via MSN to Paco Send a message via Yahoo to Paco

Quote:
Originally Posted by legolas558 View Post
This is crap, I cannot find the runtime package anywhere..why don't you fix the game archive by putting the runtime package in it? Tsk.
There is a Link in Review from which you can downloads to get the Game to run.

Check here for Maps i made
Paco is offline                         Send a private message to Paco
Old 14-04-2009, 11:44 AM   #305
Luchsen
Lurking Forever

Don't worry, we have plans to include MS-DOS 6.0 and 6.22, an Intel 80486DX4 PC and electricity in all our archives. If you don't have much time to play games, we even will provide a gaming-experienced user to replace you.
Old 14-04-2009, 01:18 PM   #306
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

That may in future be expanded by inclusion of a 3200 baud modem and an analog phone line.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 17-05-2009, 11:21 PM   #307
areyounuts

This is not a Final Fantasy game, and the fact that the author calls it one is simple copyright infringement. It has nothing to do with Final Fantasy, it's not a Final Fantasy game, it bears no strong resemblance to a Final Fantasy game, it is not a Final Fantasy game.

I think the fact that it's a) on this site at all, and b) has an editor review of 5/5 when in fact it's complete badly-made crap, both say something very depressing about this website. Apparently if I took a crap in a paper bag, set it on fire, and called it Final Fantasy: Burning Poo, I could get it hosted here and get a high review. Maybe I'll go do that now.
areyounuts is offline                         Send a private message to areyounuts
Old 17-05-2009, 11:24 PM   #308
areyounuts

Also, by all means, someone please attempt to explain to me how this game qualifies as either abandonware, or a classic DOS game. Or maybe I'm taking all the stuff about "why this website exists" too literally. Or maybe, on the other hand, someone is dropping the ball hardcore.
areyounuts is offline                         Send a private message to areyounuts
Old 17-05-2009, 11:32 PM   #309
TheChosen
"I" in the Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by areyounuts View Post
Also, by all means, someone please attempt to explain to me how this game qualifies as either abandonware, or a classic DOS game. Or maybe I'm taking all the stuff about "why this website exists" too literally. Or maybe, on the other hand, someone is dropping the ball hardcore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fifth Horseman View Post
The only reason it's here is because it was here before Reloaded came into being.
And If you dont know, Reloaded is the sister-site which hosts freeware games.

As for the review, thats a personal opinion.
TheChosen is offline                         Send a private message to TheChosen
Old 18-05-2009, 08:47 AM   #310
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Quote:
Originally Posted by areyounuts View Post
This is not a Final Fantasy game, and the fact that the author calls it one is simple copyright infringement. It has nothing to do with Final Fantasy, it's not a Final Fantasy game, it bears no strong resemblance to a Final Fantasy game, it is not a Final Fantasy game.
As much as I agree with your point, the reviewer seems to have a slightly different opinion on the matter.

Quote:
I think the fact that it's a) on this site at all, and b) has an editor review of 5/5 when in fact it's complete badly-made crap, both say something very depressing about this website.
Such as the fact I gave Absolute Pinball 2/5? Every reviewer has their own view on things. The review does not say much about the actual game itself, so it might be due for a re-review by someone else - preferably a person with a neutral attitude towards it.

Quote:
Apparently if I took a crap in a paper bag, set it on fire, and called it Final Fantasy: Burning Poo, I could get it hosted here and get a high review. Maybe I'll go do that now.
You couldn't get it hosted here since 2005 or so.
And getting a high review anywhere does entirely depend on who is writing that review in the first place, you know.
One person might call a game the biggest pile of turd ever produced, another would call the very same game the best thing since sliced bread... and, as always, the truth would be somewhere in between.

-- Reed Richards