Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Troubleshooting
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 13-06-2007, 04:49 PM   #1
mistermcbrit
Forum hobbit

Hey, so, I've been browsing this forum without registering for a while and I think this is the only resource for the problem I have.

I am fortunate enough to have a copy of Judgment Rites that has the enhanced sound and voice-overs by the actors, but unfortunate enough not to know how to configure it all that correctly.

So, I installed it via windows, without DOSBox or anything and the installation was successful. I then went to the game directory and right-clicked on the game executable to enable compatibility mode for Windows 95 and EMS and all that jazz, I thought I was right-on, smooth sailing!

Well, when I booted the game, the voice-overs and sound effects worked, but no midi music or beeps when switching choices at a dialog box or the suspense chords when the saucer section of the Alexander is hurtling toward the Enterprise viewscreen. To top it all off, the game would pause intermittently for periods of twenty-thirty seconds and clip off some of the voice-over(s).

I then tried DOSBox at first without D-Fend v2 and then w/D-Fend v2, granted the same results. It appeared to load fine, but then it would say "Could not find . . ." and source it back to my D: (DVD-RW) drive. Now, I have a CD-RW drive on the bottom, I don't know if putting the disc in a different drive helps, haven't tried that.

Is there a way I can copy all of my data to my hard drive so DOSBox can find what it needs? So many people have reported playing this game and enjoying it to it's full potential. I have the voice-overs, I really don't want to do without.

Is there anyway anyone out there can lend me a hand?

Oh, here is a screen shot:

mistermcbrit is offline                         Send a private message to mistermcbrit