Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Troubleshooting
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-09-2008, 05:17 AM   #1
Pyroq

Default Problems trying to run X-com Apoc on Vista

Hey there, first and foremost I want to thank dosraider for the previous help, it all worked out and am thankful for it. I found my Xcom apoc cd and thought I would try and play it. I have dosbox .72. I could not get the game to install through vista so what I did is copied the files from the CD to the directory in my created DOS folder for dosbox (following the dos box instructions for the created folders it requires) and then installed the game using dos box into that folder. Setup worked fine, no problems detected, sound test worked. When I try to run the game with dosbox it begins to load but then dosbox will dissapear and then pop right back up with my command prompt c:\xcoma I can't seem to get it to work and have viewed many solutions that do not work. Pc specs are Acer aspire desktop, vista 32-bit. Does anyone know something im not doing or havnt tryed?? Im itching to play this game, been a while.. hehe! thanks!!!
Pyroq is offline                         Send a private message to Pyroq