Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 12-09-2007, 05:06 PM   #1

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest @ Jul 18 2007, 12:42 AM) [snapback]299986[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
To whoever uploaded the translated English manual, could you please re-upload it? The link doesn't work anymore, and i can't speak German so i need the English manual.

And FabicoDAM, could you post a guide on how you made that much money? I have been able to start a workshop that makes brandy, but i could never make a profit from it. How exactly do you make a profit from workshops?
[/b]
I cant login.. well.. simple, you cant.

Old 22-07-2007, 07:35 PM   #2
Mighty Midget
Pox Vobiscum

Please stop bumping, this will not speed things up but rather mess up the forum increasing the chance of people missing your questions.

About the link: Seems to be working. I just dl the manual.
Old 22-07-2007, 07:48 PM   #3
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

worked for me too.i have reuploaded it here http://www.zshare.net/download/280651586cf720/
Old 23-07-2007, 11:26 AM   #4

Well the old link didn't work for me, but the new one does. Thanks!

Old 23-07-2007, 11:38 AM   #5

Well i looked through the manual, but it doesn't really tell you how to make any kind of profit (at least not from worshops). It just says how to establish a workshop, which i already know. But i can never make a profit from it. Can someone who knows explain exactly how to make a profit from workshops? How many servants do you need? How do you know where to sell the finished goods? How can you tell how much it costs you to make each unit of goods? Those are the things i need help with.

Old 12-09-2007, 04:48 PM   #6

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest @ Jul 23 2007, 12:38 PM) [snapback]300898[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Well i looked through the manual, but it doesn't really tell you how to make any kind of profit (at least not from worshops). It just says how to establish a workshop, which i already know. But i can never make a profit from it. Can someone who knows explain exactly how to make a profit from workshops? How many servants do you need? How do you know where to sell the finished goods? How can you tell how much it costs you to make each unit of goods? Those are the things i need help with.
[/b]
Forget it.. workshops are usefull only if you want to loose your money.. i tried with all them and you can never get the raw material on time to keep the production going, and keep enough money on your land safe to pay your workers...

The best way to do money is to use the merchandising ligue (i cant remember it now), invest all your money there and keep on london doing nothing, you will see the money come, then you can invest on city loans but i dont know why i always end up in the jail doing that... as an advice, dont loan more than 50% the city demands..

Piracy is a good way to loose money too.. if you are lucky you can get enough money to fix your ships...

I end up with a galleon full of weapons and millons of pounds just doing nothing usefull :-P

Old 14-03-2009, 07:03 PM   #7
Robb1

Hi,
I mounted Gloriana, but I don't have a sound. Why? I choose Sound Blaster in Game Options, but it doesn't seem to work.

Old 15-03-2009, 12:55 PM   #8
Robb1

I can switch the music on/off in game options, but sound is still off. Cannot change it.

Old 01-08-2009, 01:05 PM   #9

Had the same bug. No music, no sound after "A. SoundBlaster" selection in setup (DosBox 0.72)
But worked fine after I had selected "MPU-401", same SoundBlaster as a choice of MIDI device with default
port of 330. Expected just music, but amazingly sound
is working too - just switch it on in F4 menu of the game.

Old 03-08-2009, 09:37 PM   #10
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

it's not bug, you simply didn't configure your sound device before