Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 08-11-2007, 02:31 PM   #51
Kendo

¿what about the security codes? its just cracked? it asks me three times and then it just lets me continue, but im not sure if theres any consequence or something... i cant answer the questions bcause asks about things like "page 23 of the manual" and my manual has only 9 pages...
thx!

Old 08-11-2007, 02:55 PM   #52
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Check the page numbers.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 09-11-2007, 07:42 PM   #53
Kendo
Thumbs up

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(The Fifth Horseman @ Nov 8 2007, 04:55 PM) [snapback]318678[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Check the page numbers.
[/b]
what do u mean?

i always asks me about high numbers and my manual has not so many pages so i dont know what to do...

after the security codes thing, i cant save my game because it cracks.

Old 09-11-2007, 08:03 PM   #54
Paco
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via ICQ to Paco Send a message via MSN to Paco Send a message via Yahoo to Paco

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Kendo @ Nov 9 2007, 09:42 PM) [snapback]318798[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(The Fifth Horseman @ Nov 8 2007, 04:55 PM) [snapback]318678[/snapback]
Quote:
Check the page numbers.
[/b]
what do u mean?

i always asks me about high numbers and my manual has not so many pages so i dont know what to do...

[/b][/quote]

I think it is not the Manual but the Handbook (white and black) for the Security codes?

one more Point: The Manual is numbered 1-9 and are from www.replacementdocs.com

as for pcx-pic i think i can change it to jpg or even convert it to Pdf.

Check here for Maps i made
Paco is offline                         Send a private message to Paco
Old 10-11-2007, 02:47 AM   #55
Kendo
Thumbs up

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Paco @ Nov 9 2007, 10:03 PM) [snapback]318799[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Kendo @ Nov 9 2007, 09:42 PM) [snapback]318798[/snapback]
Quote:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(The Fifth Horseman @ Nov 8 2007, 04:55 PM) [snapback]318678[/snapback]
Quote:
Check the page numbers.
[/b]
what do u mean?

[/b][/quote]

I think it is not the Manual but the Handbook (white and black) for the Security codes?

one more Point: The Manual is numbered 1-9 and are from www.replacementdocs.com

as for pcx-pic i think i can change it to jpg or even convert it to Pdf.
[/b][/quote]

but i dunno how to read the white and black handbooks, they have only .PCX and no exe files or anything, ¿how can i open them or change them to another format? thx!

Old 10-11-2007, 11:35 AM   #56
Paco
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via ICQ to Paco Send a message via MSN to Paco Send a message via Yahoo to Paco

I can read .pcx with acdsee for example, but irfanview will do too or any graphic-Program can read it.
.pcx is a graphic-files like jpg, bmp, png etc...

Edit:

The DOS Manual is put together from white and black booklet and are in 3 Language (German, english and french), but has no pagenumber.

The Black and White Booklet/Manual/Handbook are english only and are numbered.

http://rapidshare.com/files/68807003/Robin...Manual.zip.html

besides the Manual.pdf are of no use because the other Manuals are more than enough.

Check here for Maps i made
Paco is offline                         Send a private message to Paco
Old 11-11-2007, 02:30 PM   #57
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Quote:
one more Point: The Manual is numbered 1-9 and are from www.replacementdocs.com[/b]
What about the manual and Handbooks from here? (note: try the "DOS Manual" archive)
Quote:
but i dunno how to read the white and black handbooks, they have only .PCX and no exe files or anything, ¿how can i open them or change them to another format? thx![/b]
GIMP will open them, MS Photo Editor also will, not sure about Paint.

Quote:
it asks me three times and then it just lets me continue, but im not sure if theres any consequence or something... i cant answer the questions bcause asks about things like "page 23 of the manual" and my manual has only 9 pages...[/b]
The game _should_ be cracked.
When exactly does the copy protection appear?

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 25-08-2008, 08:37 AM   #58
Urban fox

I dont know why this game has such a low rating, I found it quite enjoyable despite the poor graphics.

Though It took me ages to figure out how to successfully perform an amputation (I.E survive it). Thats what happens when you forget to treat a wound in RR. It can actually turn gangrenous a real pain in the arse if you had just saved the game before discovering that small but important fact.
Urban fox is offline                         Send a private message to Urban fox
Old 05-02-2012, 10:58 AM   #59
baracus

this game tries to be alot , and i think succeeds for the most parts. the grafics are NOT bad (as said by some) actually when i played it in the 90s i found the grafics very good for a full 3dgame. its not worse than doom grafics or not ??

also i cannot understand the bashing, mainly because the game is pretty much the only 3d 1st person game thats not a shooter, and solely on that fact it does not deserve to get crap.

the world feels real and LIVING and the game is really innovative , so to me its understandable that you have some minor bugs like awkward controls... also since it was one of the earliest games with full 3d environment ... so people, how can you be so rude to this game ?

but its such a drag with alll this, most my favorite games have been rated so low (alien trilogy, privateer 2, death rally ) and i will never understand
baracus is offline                         Send a private message to baracus
Old 05-02-2012, 12:03 PM   #60
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

The engine isn't significantly different from Doom on the face value (ie the visual appearance), but it's actually a bit more advanced since from what I understand it offers true 3D movement.

-- Reed Richards