Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 06-07-2009, 12:05 AM   #71
kmonster
Abandonia Homie

You can abort the intro by pressing the Escape key.
kmonster is offline                         Send a private message to kmonster
Old 11-07-2009, 12:13 PM   #72
Question cure for ageing

Gidday, any clues to where I can get ageing cured? can you?
thanks

Old 11-07-2009, 12:26 PM   #73
Paco
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via ICQ to Paco Send a message via MSN to Paco Send a message via Yahoo to Paco

That is a Quest where you need some Preparation:

You can cure your Ageing with the Fountain of Youth in B2. But to use it you will need to raise it first in Pyramid of Storage in A2, but to enter it you need the Golden Pyramid Key Card.

To get it you need 50 points in Might and also swimming and mountaineer, then go to A4 on sole Mountain in Sea. Break it and use it to enter the Pyramid.

The rest you can solve yourself.

Check here for Maps i made
Paco is offline                         Send a private message to Paco
Old 10-08-2009, 12:19 AM   #74
Borodin
Home Sweet Abandonia

Just a few general hints, since I've started playing this, again:

1) Remember, spell effects die at 5 AM each day. If you're in the middle of a dangerous area around 3 or 4 AM, consider backing out with spells or a nice, swift walk while whistling innocently.

2) Until you get high level characters, grab the blessings from the Fountain Head Temple. Keep donating until the icons appear on your team portraits. The more donations it takes, the better, since it means you're better protected. Around +4, one of my party members was still being affected by insane screams. At +7, that never happened.

3) Grab Wizard Eye by leaving Fountain Head, and heading left, then right. The gypsy will give you a cast for a day for next to nothing.

4) Save before opening chests. The earlier M&M titles were a lot more randomized in the quality of their loot than the later ones.

5) Remember, experience is just about endless, but cash isn't. So don't take advantage of the fixed fountain that allows you to exchange cash for experience.

6) Check city stores daily, as stock changes. At the beginning, look each day for short bows. Make sure every party member you've got who can use one, has one.

7) If you've got a decent temple blessing, you can handle the goblins outside the first town without problems, and the orcs, too. Just don't stray too far, since time passes much more quickly outside a city and dungeon than in them.

8) Don't bother with hirelings. They cost, and they add little to your party. Anything you can do with them, you can do without them.

9) Once you can travel over the mountains, be sure to walk along mountain chains. There are frequently items, sometimes nice ones, hidden in them.

10) Area B1 has a 1-square island fountain that provides a day's worth of raising your party's levels. Set a Lloyd's Beacon to it first, because everything else you add on in the way of hit points and spell points will be boosted by this.

I could add a lot more that's specific, but would rather not. Most of the fun lies in finding things out.

Last edited by Borodin; 10-08-2009 at 03:09 AM.
Borodin is offline                         Send a private message to Borodin
Old 20-08-2009, 05:15 AM   #75
beefmerciful

Possibly my favorite game of all time. I've been playing this game since probably 1993 or so.

Anyway, here are some Grand Master secrets for you.

Execute my plan in order if you desire absolute power!

WARNING: THE FOLLOWING CONTAINS SPOILERS/PUZZLE ANSWERS

That's about it for now. I'll be working on another hint guide for World of Xeen and updating this post if I remember anything else.

Enjoy!

Integrated spoiler tags (they are not only useful to hide spoilers but also to keep the navigation intact when writing long texts ). ~Luchsen

Last edited by Luchsen; 20-08-2009 at 11:47 AM.
beefmerciful is offline                         Send a private message to beefmerciful
Old 20-08-2009, 05:37 AM   #76
beefmerciful

Thumbs up Might & Magic III and World of Xeen Soundtrack

I'm in the process of recording and editing all of the music in Might & Magic III and World of Xeen. Most of the tracks I'll let play out for a good ten minutes, so it's gonna be an epic soundtrack worthy of these awesome games.

If you want a copy, PM me and I'll hook you up when I'm done.

Peace!
beefmerciful is offline                         Send a private message to beefmerciful
Old 20-08-2009, 11:14 AM   #77
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

wow will be neat, post here and let us know when it's ready
Old 20-08-2009, 05:02 PM   #78
kmonster
Abandonia Homie

@beefmerciful: Barbarians are far more powerful than knights in MM3.
Old 30-12-2010, 06:42 PM   #79
mm3nerd
Angry Lost all my gold

OH - MY - FUCKING -GOD!!! I lost all my gold, 15 MILLION!!! By digging the false gold in the Greywitch castle dungeon. I love this game to death but how is this a good game design? REALLY pisses me off. And there's only one save game available... Jesus H Christ people... This is so depressing...

Old 30-12-2010, 11:33 PM   #80
kmonster
Abandonia Homie

There's a bank in the game where you're supposed to put your money so it doesn't get lost. The money increases incredibly fast there.

You can get as much gold as you want by duplicating items. Take a recharge item, a duplication item and a platinum plate armor and soon you'll have more money than you'll ever need.

PS:
1) No one forced you to save after the message that you lost all your gold.
2) You can back up your save as often as you want.
3) Quite the only way to mess up your game is touching crystals which let one year pass in the pyramids too often.

Last edited by kmonster; 30-12-2010 at 11:41 PM.