Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 12-03-2008, 12:22 PM   #1
abigor
Lurker

Exclamation

hey guys I'm kinda new here, awesome game, one of the best RPG's

but i have a problem, the game asks for a certain word from the manual...and i don't have it, the only one i saw was the doc file, but it's not working

please help....
abigor is offline                         Send a private message to abigor
Old 12-03-2008, 12:39 PM   #2
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

i know it can be difficult but try reading through this topic.

edit: page 71
Old 14-03-2008, 07:33 PM   #3
Sabreman

I've finally taken the plunge and decided to dedicate myself to some of these old games I've dabbled in before, and being a huge fan of Dungeon Master I decided to start with Lands of Lore.

Well, it's rather excellent, isn't it? Very tough though! I haven't been so challenged by a game like this for a long time. Just the constant pressure from monsters... gives me some of the great tension I used to get playing DM back in the day. low on health, out of food and water, stuck in some dangerous part of the game. Poison is a major pain!

I'm only a short way in. Currently battling my way through the first proper dungeon. Getting spun around, chased down dead ends and generally playing in a constant state of panic.

It's super :amused:
Sabreman is offline                         Send a private message to Sabreman
Old 05-09-2008, 09:38 PM   #4
Borodin
Home Sweet Abandonia

The series was enjoyable, but as I recall, far too linear. That was the one thing that always killed them for me.
Borodin is offline                         Send a private message to Borodin
Old 06-09-2008, 08:52 AM   #5
Elena
Forum hobbit

I’m not disappointed with linearity, I like linear games too. But I don’t like a role system, it’s too strict and scanty. You can’t choose your party characters (except your hero), they are imposed. All of them have the same abilities. I think it’s not very interesting, when all members of your party are identical. And to my taste magic is too primitive, even no one defensive spell. And I DON’T LIKE the Light spell is missing. Most of my journey in Draracle’s Cave and Urbish Mines was in the dark! This game is not among my favorite games for the reasons given above, I like it very much though. A story, quests, secrets, monsters, NPCs are wonderful. And it’s beautiful
Elena is offline                         Send a private message to Elena
Old 21-09-2008, 11:05 AM   #6
Al.Cash

Is there some full list of weapons, where the costs are given? It's interesting to know which sellers give only half of the original price for some weapons.
Al.Cash is offline                         Send a private message to Al.Cash
Old 21-09-2008, 07:30 PM   #7
Elena
Forum hobbit

AFAIK prices for weapon are equal everywhere. Only Fletcher in City of Yvel pays you a higher price for crossbows. You have to “sell” items in Swamp usually. The magic stone head always gives you 60 crowns, even for a stone.

Shopkeepers in Swamp will pay half-price until you return a ritual mask to Gorkha Chieftain.
Elena is offline                         Send a private message to Elena
Old 22-09-2008, 08:05 PM   #8
Capo
Unconventional member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elena View Post
I’m not disappointed with linearity, I like linear games too. But I don’t like a role system, it’s too strict and scanty. You can’t choose your party characters (except your hero), they are imposed. All of them have the same abilities. I think it’s not very interesting, when all members of your party are identical. And to my taste magic is too primitive, even no one defensive spell. And I DON’T LIKE the Light spell is missing. Most of my journey in Draracle’s Cave and Urbish Mines was in the dark! This game is not among my favorite games for the reasons given above, I like it very much though. A story, quests, secrets, monsters, NPCs are wonderful. And it’s beautiful
I agree with the very old/yung Elena.
Capo is offline                         Send a private message to Capo
Old 08-04-2005, 02:38 PM   #9
bazbazbaz
Forum hobbit

A first rate game. Never played lands of lore 2 or 3 however. How do they compare to Lands1? Could abandonia get them?
bazbazbaz is offline                         Send a private message to bazbazbaz
Old 08-04-2005, 02:39 PM   #10
FreeFreddy

Lands of Lore 2 - Guardians of Destiny is great, I think. At least I enjoyed it, too. Epic story and very cool music, especially in the later stages of the game. But the game consists of 4 CD's - I doubt it will make its way here, even if it's abandoned already, which could be wrong yet.