Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 04-03-2007, 10:48 PM   #121

Me again (I'm the poster above). So, having downloaded the HOTU version I am now happily making my way through act II, but I seem to have hit a bit of a problem. (er, spoiler warning, for anyone who hasn't got that far...)

Anyway, I gave the prunes to the fishmonger before I'd put the custard in the toilet. So he ran to the toilet, but I couldn't get the belt. The problem is, I seem to have lost the prunes, and I can't find a way of making them come back. I've tried reenacting the whole fight/drumstick/gong business - but although the fight resets, the apprentice stays firmly in the dining room the whole time and the prunes just won't reappear outside. Any ideas? Or is this a bug?

Right, I'm off to kick myself for not having not made more different saves thoughout Act II... Any ideas very gratefully received: I don't think I can bear to go through the whole act over again!

Old 12-04-2007, 01:41 PM   #122
MeXX

k: sacht mal kann man bei discworld auch deutsch einstelln??

bitte um antwort thx

Old 12-04-2007, 02:47 PM   #123
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Most people here don't even know German language, while all know English (to a varying degree).
By posting a question in German, you ensure that most people who could help you won't even understand you.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 17-05-2007, 01:45 PM   #124

Hi very new here

Could somebody please tell me if if the problem of how to save discworld was ever solved?? love the game but certainly am never going to have the time to complete it in one sitting!!!

Thanks

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest @ Aug 22 2006, 03:13 PM) [snapback]250276[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Well anyway deleted that forum sod it , this place is great... and to say i am promoting illegal software is pathetic.

Thanks for the upload guys
[/b]

Old 17-05-2007, 01:52 PM   #125
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

It was:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Archangel Michael @ Sep 21 2006, 10:55 PM) [snapback]256549[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Hi! I was facing the same "saving" prob. But I found out the trick:
Install the game on the default folder (i think is dsworld or smth like it) and BEFORE running anything, create the folder "save" inside this diretory. then run the file DISC and configure sound and enjoy!
see ya
Mike
[/b]

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 18-05-2007, 08:48 AM   #126

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(the_fifth_horseman @ May 17 2007, 01:52 PM) [snapback]290609[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
It was:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Archangel Michael @ Sep 21 2006, 10:55 PM) [snapback]256549[/snapback]
Quote:
Hi! I was facing the same "saving" prob. But I found out the trick:
Install the game on the default folder (i think is dsworld or smth like it) and BEFORE running anything, create the folder "save" inside this diretory. then run the file DISC and configure sound and enjoy!
see ya
Mike
[/b]
[/b][/quote]
e looked at the fil
Hi Mike

Thanks for your response. I should explain (and apologise) for the fact that i am an entire idiot where it comes to technology. I have looked at the files and can find nothing matching what you say, which i am sure is my failing not yours!

I downloaded the games from bestoldgames. do I need to delete and start again from a different download? I would be very grateful if you could help this damsel in destress and post some step by step idiot proof directions from download to game working and saving.

Thanks again, sorry to be a pain
Hayley

Old 18-05-2007, 02:27 PM   #127
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

1. Make sure the game was unpacked to DISCWLD directory on your C drive. If it's elsewhere, move it to C and rename the directory to DISCWLD.
2. Make sure that insive the DISCWLD directory there is a SAVE directory. If it's not there, create a new directory and name it SAVE.

And that's all there is to it.

Oh, and just in case... no problems with sound?

-- Reed Richards
Old 17-06-2007, 06:37 PM   #128

Umm... I'm having problem installing the game.

Everytime I click 'install' it says 'cannot open DW_1. RNC'.

My friend has the same problem.

Does anybody know how to fix this?

Old 04-07-2007, 10:45 AM   #129
Brynn

I just love the game and its humour, but I'm getting desperate with a part in Act I. I can't find a way to get off the rooftops. Most probably the way to get down from there is the easiest thing in the world, but I just can't seem to find it. Help, anyone?

Old 04-07-2007, 10:48 AM   #130
Paco
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via ICQ to Paco Send a message via MSN to Paco Send a message via Yahoo to Paco

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Brynn @ Jul 4 2007, 12:45 PM) [snapback]297885[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
I just love the game and its humour, but I'm getting desperate with a part in Act I. I can't find a way to get off the rooftops. Most probably the way to get down from there is the easiest thing in the world, but I just can't seem to find it. Help, anyone?
[/b]
The Windows to the left from Rincewind Arrival Point is the Exit.

Check here for Maps i made
Paco is offline                         Send a private message to Paco