Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-05-2013, 04:44 PM   #11
VanDine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scatty View Post
Just my opinion, but Elf as a race is mostly only useful if you want to make a Ranger of it. There is a special, very useful bow which can only be worn by Elf Ranger and which transfers up to, and into, Wizardry 8. Which probably would be the only reason to select an Elf Ranger anyway.
If you want melee fighters like Samurai, Lord etc., Dracons, Lizardmen (though these only for Fighters) Dwarves and Mook might be a better choice. If you want spellcasters, Fairy is mostly all the way to go. Well, Elves might do, too, but Fairies have better AC and better / more spell resistances. And +1 Mana regeneration as a race bonus, if I remember correctly.
That would be Elven Bow. Ranger class is just what I am not sold on from reading up on it. But I thought as long as it Elf, she will be able to use the bow.

I try to go at least roughly by that FAQ kmonster gave me link to
http://www.gamefaqs.com/pc/564807-wi...-vi/faqs/63361

There it says on party formation this:
========================
* at least 1 Bard (for the Lute)
* as many other characters as possible Mages or Priests (for the enhanced
mana regeneration capacity, the starting spells, and low initial stat point
cost)
* 4-5 female characters
* at least 1 Elf and 1 Faerie (unique racial abilities). Add in at least 1
Mook if you plan to play a party all the way to Wizardry VIII.

A suggested optimized initial party therefore goes along the lines of:
Male Dwarf Priest
Female Rawulf Priest
Female Elf Priest or Mage
Female Felpurr Mage
Male Mook Mage
Female Faerie Bard
=================
But to make Elf Priest or mage as it is suggested here seems to be a pity to choose when I have chance to make samurai, monk or ninja. Maybe I don't quite understand the class change later in the game, I did that in W7 and found it to be good although I was afraid to do any change first.

Maybe I am doing too much of this initial choosing given one can change the class later on, but then again maybe from some class it is easier to make changes to certain other classes later on, I don't quite understand this complicated gaming system.

------------------------------
It is unlikely I will play W8 (isn't that one 3D?) but I would at least try W7 even if I failed to play through W6 for some reason. From W7 I got hooked on those descriptions of places that are so peaceful and or suggestive of secrets and adventures that I would load it up just to relive some of those places.
VanDine is offline                         Send a private message to VanDine