Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Gaming Zone
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 31-03-2012, 04:46 AM   #1
The Joe Man

Default Anyone Playing Tribes: Ascend?

https://account.hirezstudios.com/tri...campaign=email

(If you sign up through the above link, it'll throw some in-game XP my way. No different than signing up from the main website other than saving me a little time!)

This game is probably the most online fun I've had since the reboot of Tribes 2 & Quake Live. It's a Free-To-Play model, and the only things that actually cost real money are cosmetic skins. Everything else can be bought with the XP you earn from matches. It also has "badges," which are tiered in-game achievements that when reached, gives you another large lump of XP to spend on perks, weapons, or upgrades.

It's also basically a skiing simulator. With jetpacks.

Another nice thing is that the 3 already unlocked classes (1 light, 1 medium & 1 heavy) are all excellent and competitive in their own right, so you'll get a good feel for the classes before you spend your hard earned XP. I would recommend either Pathfinder (insane speed/flag capping), Soldier (dueling), or Sentinel (if you like sniping). The heavy classes are great for base defense, but only if you're playing CTF (the standard mode). There's also Team Death Match (ehh) and an Arena mode (which is honestly pretty fun)!

Download and check it out! Once you get a feel for it, you'll get into the groove of the different classes and probably settle on a playstyle.

Feel free to add TheJoeMan and when you see me online, hop on in and play!
The Joe Man is offline                         Send a private message to The Joe Man