Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Gaming Zone
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 08-08-2005, 05:35 PM   #31
Mecron
Abandonia nerd

efthimios-- Rest assured, should any bug make it past our rigorous screening, then indeed it will be patched. Though I feel as though I should explain something about the industry as a caveat to this promise. Sadly, patches and their release hinge upon the publisher rather than the developer 95% of the time. Publishers feel any patch to a game with their name on it MUST pass through their Q/A cycle, which means, dear readers, it costs the publisher money and time to put out a patch supplied by the developer. This means if a publisher decides to walk away from a game after publication there is nothing the developer can do about putting out a patch except on the sly and that can result in dire legal consequences. Sad but true. This is why at Kerberos we will always try and maintain as much control over this aspect as possible.
As far as marketing goes, that too is a publisher matter but as I have said before, that still allows us room to get the word out "on the street" as it were and we have always been proud to show exactly who we are making games for. k:

Bernie-- Well I won't lie to you and say gettting behind the curve is a great thing or anything but on the other hand it is not the end of the world either. The very large number of tactical choices in SOTS allows a player, especially a disadvantaged one, to sharpen their tactics into a very sharp point and drive home with it. They may not be able to take out a larger opponent over mulitiple systems all at once, but they can harden their own defences while finding ways to make their own attacks cost their bigger oppponents dearly.

Doubler-- Anomalies and mysteries...yes. Black holes and other things acting as instant movement portals (aside from Hiver gates)...no.
Mecron is offline                         Send a private message to Mecron
Old 14-08-2005, 04:58 PM   #32
Mecron
Abandonia nerd

Hmmmm...everybody must have gone away for the rest of the summer...or are hunkered down watching the new season of Galactica I suppose.

Well if anyone is still out there, there are some new screens coming to the site on monday afternoon, the last of the alien race write ups is up, the Liir, and we even have our own msg board chugging along where more secrets are being divulged from time to time.

http://www.kerberos-productions.com/forum/index.php

take care all,
--MEC
Old 16-08-2005, 03:41 PM   #33
efthimios
Home Sweet Abandonia

Well, I am just waiting for the game. I hope there will be a good playable demo (not just the battle parts).
efthimios is offline                         Send a private message to efthimios
Old 16-08-2005, 06:01 PM   #34
Mecron
Abandonia nerd

When it is time for the demo, it will be fully functional, never fear. Just a matter of choosing the appropriate content level but otherwise it will play the same as the full version.
--MEC
Old 16-08-2005, 11:43 PM   #35
Jimbo the Legend

Who says thats a bad thing?

J
Jimbo the Legend is offline                         Send a private message to Jimbo the Legend
Old 17-08-2005, 12:29 AM   #36
Mecron
Abandonia nerd

Indeed! :evil:

And on the news front, a couple pics of the main starmap interface have been posted on the site. Take a look and, as always, ask about anything you are curious about.
--MEC

http://www.kerberos-productions.com/sots.shtml
Old 17-08-2005, 12:59 AM   #37
blastradius14
Abandonia Homie

Gee. Looks like MOO2 or something, Maybe even MOO3. Only with less people you can be.
blastradius14 is offline                         Send a private message to blastradius14
Old 17-08-2005, 03:04 AM   #38
efthimios
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally posted by blastradius14@Aug 17 2005, 12:59 AM
Gee. Looks like MOO2 or something, Maybe even MOO3. Only with less people you can be.
Don't say that! I don't like either of those games.
efthimios is offline                         Send a private message to efthimios
Old 17-08-2005, 03:07 AM   #39
efthimios
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally posted by Mecron@Aug 17 2005, 12:29 AM
Indeed! :evil:

And on the news front, a couple pics of the main starmap interface have been posted on the site. Take a look and, as always, ask about anything you are curious about.
--MEC

http://www.kerberos-productions.com/sots.shtml
Oh my. It looks beautiful! (the starmap) Love the looks of it! Just curious, how do you access other things, like diplomacy?
In terms of appearance, it sure looks lovely!
Old 17-08-2005, 06:11 AM   #40
Mecron
Abandonia nerd

Thanks Eft, various subscreens are acessed by various buttons around the interface. For instance that budgeting pie is also a button that takes you to the budget and colony summary screen.

Blastradius- Sorry to hear that...kind of like saying Half Life 2 is just like Doom or Doom 2. But you keep working on that reading comprehension thing and we will keep working on the game, ok?