Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Gaming Zone
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 15-11-2006, 02:03 PM   #101
Mighty Midget
Pox Vobiscum

Are you sure the minor skills also go to 100? I think I read that they only go to 95, or was that the misc. skills? I'm pretty sure the minor skills only went to 95 in Daggerfall, and I would expect the TESs to be pretty much the same in that respect. Anyway, even if you reach max proficiency in a skill, reading the books will still allow you a raise on the char. level bar. So, if you wait reading the books until you have maxed out every skill, you can still level up.

Old 15-11-2006, 10:55 PM   #102
Doubler
Resident Llama

Send a message via MSN to Doubler

Yes, I'm sure all skills go to 100 :P
I'm not sure about books raising the level bar after reaching 100. Could be, it fits in with the following, but I never tried. I do believe (but never did it myself) you can still buy training after reaching 100 by draining your skills. They still don't go past 100, but do add points to the level bar. In theory, you could level on endlessly in that case. Again, I never tried this myself, I just read about it. I do wonder what levelling up will do in those cases, since you can't distribute your credits anymore.

Oh, and the entire skill based system was introduced in Daggerfall. Arena used a simple experience point system.
Old 17-11-2006, 12:36 AM   #103
Borodin
Home Sweet Abandonia

All skills go to 100, and items, spells, and potions can take that over 100.

There is a Morrowind mod that forces you to sleep and eat regularly. Another causes stores and homes to be locked at night.
Borodin is offline                         Send a private message to Borodin
Old 17-11-2006, 07:50 AM   #104
gregor
Home Sweet Abandonia

would it be great to have a couple of those fortify intelligence potions?

i mean imagine you are on some exam, you think fortify intelligence for 48sec and a fortify speed potion. then you can quickly write the exam cause you know all solutions and you are really fast in writing.

ah soon after i finish main quest i plan to do a dedicated imperial soldier trained in spear - yah a spearman. no personal alcemy, maybe some enchants he pics along the way, only crappy imperial armor... i think it should be interesting.
Lifts-Her-Tail: But it is huge! It could take me all night!
Crantius Colto: Plenty of time, my sweet. Plenty of time.
From The Lusty Argonian Maid by Crassius Curio found in TES3: Morrowind
gregor is offline                         Send a private message to gregor
Old 17-11-2006, 09:21 AM   #105
Mighty Midget
Pox Vobiscum

That sounds like an interesting character. Will you join the legion or do freelance? (I guess legion, since you said soldier). I was thinking about having a barbarian, sort of Conan meets Groo, Nord of course , long blade and axe, medium armour, who fear magic and refuse to have anything to do with it (potions included). I will have to think about whether he willingly fight the daedras or not. I might get that tent mod I saw.
Old 17-11-2006, 09:50 AM   #106
gregor
Home Sweet Abandonia

yes a soldier... fully dedicated to the emperor and imperial army (except for doing the main quest - he will be too scared to do that one).

wait how will that barbarian heal it's wounds then? just eating the plants with healing properties? i mean the problem is you can't always sleep to heal. maybe some enchanted shiled - plenty of them available in start with 10pts for healing.
Old 17-11-2006, 01:06 PM   #107
Mighty Midget
Pox Vobiscum

Loads of HPs, sleep and eating medicine plants, pretty much what a barbarian would do, don't you think? (How the hell would I know what a barbarian would do LOL)
Old 23-11-2006, 06:24 PM   #108
Tito
Alley Cat

Guess what? The other day I was doing a mission for the Morag Tong and, after killing some guy in Vivec I was expelled from the Redoran House. I think that is a bit silly, having in mind that I am the leader of that House, the Hortator and the Nerevarine incarnate. And I am expelled for killing some stupid NPC in an official business for the organization that takes care of assasinations for the great houses? That's stupid, and quite frustrating.
Old 24-11-2006, 04:21 AM   #109
Borodin
Home Sweet Abandonia

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tito @ Nov 23 2006, 07:24 PM) [snapback]268467[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Guess what? The other day I was doing a mission for the Morag Tong and, after killing some guy in Vivec I was expelled from the Redoran House. I think that is a bit silly, having in mind that I am the leader of that House, the Hortator and the Nerevarine incarnate. And I am expelled for killing some stupid NPC in an official business for the organization that takes care of assasinations for the great houses? That's stupid, and quite frustrating.
[/b]
You mean, you were made head of Redoran, only to find yourself toppled by others who wanted that position, after you were discovered violating Redoran's basic tenets? Why, what a surprise! The trick is doing the deed, and not being noticed, if you're in Redoran.

Now, if were in Telvanni, it wouldn't matter, would it?
Borodin is offline                         Send a private message to Borodin
Old 24-11-2006, 05:31 AM   #110
gregor
Home Sweet Abandonia

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tito @ Nov 23 2006, 08:24 PM) [snapback]268467[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
[/b]

i think you can always reinstate yourself when you are house master.