Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Troubleshooting
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 29-08-2005, 08:29 PM   #1
Tadpole

The dialuge boxes with Bus and others talking is flashing over so fast that I don't get nearly enough time to read them, doesn't take more than a second and a half for each box to vanish into a new one. It's like when I played really, really old DOS games on a faster machine with win 95 way back, and the speed was x10 faster than it originally was due to the extended machine speed, only now the rest of the game runs smoothly, its just the dialouges inbetween missions thats *meep*ed up.

Any ideas?

Old 29-08-2005, 08:31 PM   #2

thats obviously Gus I'm talking about, not Bus =)

Old 30-08-2005, 07:14 AM   #3
Tarvin

Stupid me
Tarvin is offline                         Send a private message to Tarvin
Old 30-08-2005, 02:54 PM   #4
Braindead
Abandonia Homie

Send a message via ICQ to Braindead Send a message via MSN to Braindead

it's actually because the wave files are synched with the gap files. since the wave files are probably 0 bytes large in this rip, you see that effect. Not sure if this can be fixed, have you tried disabling the speech in the options?

Are you able to buy stuff from Mickey in this rip? I ask because I know ages ago I also installed the JA DG rip which crashed each time when mickey came around. Now I have the CD version so no more problems with that. :P
Braindead is offline                         Send a private message to Braindead
Old 31-08-2005, 03:18 PM   #5

Yeah, no problems there - allthough I never get a chance to see what mickey is saying, heh.

I solved the speed problem by installing the game on my old laptop (with win98) and running it from DOS instead. Only problem than is that I don't have the drivers to the soundcard to that computer, so I'm left with no sound at all.

Another way to get it to work is using DosBox - but that results in another problem, everything runs extremly slow, as if both my computers are too slow to run the game, though one of em is a pII 550mhz and the other a p4 2.2ghz. If I'd get it to run smoothly using DosBox all my troubles would be solved.

oh, and also, how do you enable full-screen with DosBox?

Old 31-08-2005, 03:21 PM   #6
Tadpole

And I mean the gamespeed itself runs very slow with DosBox, the textboxes when Gus and Mickey and the merc's in AIM runs smoothly, but once in action-mode everything laggs.