Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 07-09-2010, 02:13 PM   #31
UnregisteredJake
Angry

Also having trouble getting this to run on DosBox; within minutes of starting it I get an error message reading, "Professional Error (2002), transfer stack overflow on interrupt 08h at 80:00000984" followed by a lot of alphanumerics and something about a "byte granular limit".
Anyone able to make head nor tail of that? I'd really appreciate the help, because I last played this game aged eight and have fond memories of it.

Old 29-09-2010, 10:13 PM   #32
MarsX

I really enjoyed that game when it came out and replayed it a couple months ago in Dosbox.

Any good space colony games with the same style out there?
MarsX is offline                         Send a private message to MarsX
Old 10-11-2010, 11:35 PM   #33
Solace92

Amazing game, thanks for uploading.
Solace92 is offline                         Send a private message to Solace92
Old 06-12-2010, 01:37 PM   #34
TotalAnarchy
Surviving the Dark Age

We have found the source for the extras problems, and now the extras that was requested can be accessed on the gamepage.
Old 06-12-2010, 04:36 PM   #35
Paco
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via ICQ to Paco Send a message via MSN to Paco Send a message via Yahoo to Paco

Quote:
Originally Posted by TotalAnarchy View Post
We have found the source for the extras problems, and now the extras that was requested can be accessed on the gamepage.
awesome!

Check here for Maps i made
Paco is offline                         Send a private message to Paco
Old 21-12-2010, 06:09 PM   #36
enrico_berlingu

I have almost reached the end of the game, but I've been stopped by a persistent crash [spoilers follow]:

In the end game, tracking down the rebel leader, I arrive at Hades D-10 and learn the location o the rebel bunker (H-12). When I leave the quadrant and while still on the planetary map, she delivers an open ultimatum, her message followed by my military advisor saying that we should obey for now.

After reading both messages the game crashes: they reappear one after the other. No matter how many times I click, the screen is taken up by these two messages and the game doesn't progress. I have to go to windows and close the game from there.

I played the game in DOS-Box, but the same problem appeared both when playing from VDMSound and Windows(XP).
enrico_berlingu is offline                         Send a private message to enrico_berlingu
Old 27-02-2011, 11:19 PM   #37
MarsX

You need an available colony spot on hermes at one point, might be this bug.
MarsX is offline                         Send a private message to MarsX
Old 08-03-2011, 01:13 PM   #38

I remember playing this several years back and it was really amazing but I kept encountering a persistent error about mid game, right after the aliens invited me to do a joint research project if I remember correctly; started the game from the beginning 3 times but it always crashed when I was heading to build labs on the orbit of their planet. at that time I thought it was something wrong with the game version I had then. Is the version here ok, anybody managed to finish the game I mean? I'd hate to lose several hours on it and get stuck in the same place.

Old 08-03-2011, 05:23 PM   #39
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

I used DOSBox and I had no such problems. I have to admit that I never got so far in the game though: Sierra games are known to have great stories but weak interface and coding... This one don't crash like I am used to with other Sierra titles but the playing interface is so weak that I gave up trying to defend my colonies against the Aliens...

Haven't even figured out the combat system yet... Short of "send your ships to die trying to destroy theirs"...
Old 01-04-2011, 10:00 AM   #40
Snownova

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harleqwyn View Post
Luckily I got the bomb next, so muffling+bombing Gamma1 took care of that.
How did you get the bomb? I've read about it in the FAQ on gamefaqs, but in my many, many replays over the years I've never managed to unlock a big bomb so i've always had to lob 80ish missiles at Gamma1 to blow it up

Also a tip for handling the emphiants, send vehicles on missile mission to cronus (the planet, not SSCronus) and keep them orbiting there. This really seems to keep the emphiants confined to cronus for the most part. When I use this tactic only my colony on hera gets harassed a bit.