Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 18-08-2007, 03:00 PM   #21
humorguy
Super Freak

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Sebatianos @ Jul 30 2007, 04:08 PM) [snapback]301976[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(humorguy @ Jul 27 2007, 06:55 PM) [snapback]301606[/snapback]
Quote:
I have this game on my C64, which I still have. If you want this game in the equivalent of EGA rather than CGA, I would download the C64 disk version and run that in a C64 emulator rather than this version in DOSBox. It is the same game, just with the better C64 graphics (16 colour) of the time, rather than the PC graphics (4 colour) of the time....!
[/b]
Err... look at the main site and you'll see the PC version (although not as good - graphically - as the C64 version) does have the 16 color EGA graphics (not the 4 color CGA as you've mentioned).
[/b][/quote]

Your absolutely right Sir! It was the cyan colour of the main character that got me thinking CGA, and looking closely, while they are EGA they look shockingly bad. The C64 palette allowed for a better use of colours and that makes a heck of a difference! Certainly when it comes to CGA and EGA PC games, it would always be wise to see if there is a C64 version that looks or even plays better!

Thanks for pointing out my mistake!
humorguy is offline                         Send a private message to humorguy
Old 19-08-2007, 10:40 AM   #22
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(humorguy @ Aug 18 2007, 05:00 PM) [snapback]305354[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Certainly when it comes to CGA and EGA PC games, it would always be wise to see if there is a C64 version that looks or even plays better!

Thanks for pointing out my mistake!
[/b]
No problem. I thought maybe you didn't notice because you set the game wrongly or something. But I certainly agree that (with some exceptions - check out the Bruce Lee game also on this site) up until the first 256 color palettes came to PC C64 had better graphics.
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos
Old 27-08-2007, 09:29 AM   #23

Please can anyone help me.

As i read the general Armitage message he offers me the job and i must reply with BAMA id?
Please can anyone tell me what is the bama id?

Old 19-05-2009, 10:52 PM   #24
Maxor127
Game Wizzard

I remember getting this game from somewhere but I didn't have the manual or anything, and therefore I couldn't get past the copy protection. But somehow I lucked out and guessed the right number for one of them, and after that I'd just type that number in for an hour until it finally came up as correct. I think I guessed another one of the numbers too. I never could figure out how to do the cybernet battle things. I'd always get the crap kicked out of me.
Maxor127 is offline                         Send a private message to Maxor127
Old 20-05-2009, 11:43 AM   #25
Shadow_Stalker
Abandonia nerd

I have an old walkthrough for the game,if anyone is interested.The best version of the game is the one on amiga,though.
Also,if you still haven't read the book,do yourself a favor and read it! Is one of the cyberpunk literature milestones
Shadow_Stalker is offline                         Send a private message to Shadow_Stalker
Old 20-05-2009, 12:16 PM   #26
Paco
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via ICQ to Paco Send a message via MSN to Paco Send a message via Yahoo to Paco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow_Stalker View Post
I have an old walkthrough for the game,if anyone is interested.The best version of the game is the one on amiga,though.
Also,if you still haven't read the book,do yourself a favor and read it! Is one of the cyberpunk literature milestones
Did you wrote it or have asked the Author for permission to host it? then post it in your Offers-Thread.

Check here for Maps i made
Paco is offline                         Send a private message to Paco
Old 20-05-2009, 02:51 PM   #27
Shadow_Stalker
Abandonia nerd

I have downloaded the walkthrough in 2000 from home of the underdogs,which sadly is no more.I'll try to search in my backups and see if there is the author's email in it.Then i'll contact him/her and wait for a reply
Shadow_Stalker is offline                         Send a private message to Shadow_Stalker
Old 25-03-2010, 12:33 PM   #28
SirJoe71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
Please can anyone help me.

As i read the general Armitage message he offers me the job and i must reply with BAMA id?
Please can anyone tell me what is the bama id?
BAMA id is your banc account id you find it on PAX under the bank page.

Old 21-09-2010, 08:03 AM   #29
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

I think this game really went before its time, but the thing that you could right at the beggining aqurie that hacker-program that allowed you to move between matrix-zones, ruined the difficulties.
twillight is offline                         Send a private message to twillight
Old 03-02-2012, 08:22 AM   #30
Maxor127
Game Wizzard

How do I fix damaged programs? I have a debug rom, but sometimes it says it can't repair a program. I also don't understand the difference between the Cyberspace program and Comlink except that Cyberspace logs me directly into "cyberspace." But from the FAQ I read, it sounded like it was supposed to let you surf for free, but I still lose credits. So I don't see the benefit of using it.
Maxor127 is offline                         Send a private message to Maxor127