Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 07-06-2009, 06:00 PM   #521
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Either:
1. You mounted no directories,
2. You mounted the wrong directory or
3. you have not entered the directory containing the file you are trying to run.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 07-06-2009, 06:01 PM   #522
Revan101

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Coop View Post
Did you type in "cd blood/blood"? For whatever reason, the game's inside a second folder, so to run the setup file, you'll need to type it in like that.

Edit: Wait. Did you setup DOSBox using any guides (be it the guides on this site, or a guide from someplace else)?
didnt setup at all
Revan101 is offline                         Send a private message to Revan101
Old 07-06-2009, 06:05 PM   #523
Revan101

Quote:
Did you type in "cd blood/blood"? For whatever reason, the game's inside a second folder, so to run the setup file, you'll need to type it in like that.

Edit: Wait. Did you setup DOSBox using any guides (be it the guides on this site, or a guide from someplace else)?
aha, did the sound thingy until i had to choose use these setting and continue, and it said sound blaster not responding on port
Old 07-06-2009, 06:18 PM   #524
Revan101

Quote:

wel...i have fixed the audio, works terrific, but the mouse is still a no go, i remember i fixed it once, lost the knowledge now
Old 07-06-2009, 06:49 PM   #525
The Coop
Super Freak

Send a message via AIM to The Coop

Alright. I'm going to type up a bunch of stuff, but if you follow it, you shouldn't have any further issues.

In your C: drive, make a new folder called "DOSGames". Copy your Blood folder, and paste it in the "DOSGames" folder. Open your DOSBox configuration file ("dosbox.conf"), and add these lines are the very bottom of it after the line "[autoexec]"...

loadfix -64
mount c c:\DOSGames -freesize 999
C:

This will tell DOSBox that the "DOSGames" folder is the C: Drive where all the games for it are. It won't mess anything up on your PC, so don't worry. Once that's all done, start DOSBox, and type in...

cd blood/blood

Hit Return, and this will take you to the folder for Blood. Type in "setup", and do all the stuff I told you about earlier regarding setting up the sound and controls. Once that's all done, start the game with the "-nocd" I mentioned, and everything should run smoothly.

Make sure "Mouse Aim is a Toggle Button" is selected for the Mouse controls, otherwise, you'll have to hold down the key to look around. Also, in the "Controls Menu", make sure that in "Choose Controller Type", you have "Keyboard and Mouse" selected (just to be safe).

Hope this helps. It's how I have things setup, and everything works fine.
Old 09-06-2009, 03:05 AM   #526
n122vu

Haven't had a chance to read the whole thread, so I don't know if anyone has mentioned this before. I followed the instructions located here:

http://buildxp.deathmask.net/

to set up Blood on my PC. A lot of work, but in the long run it runs much smoother and sounds a LOT better than the DOSBox configuration in my opinion. Just another option.

I also have it running great in DOSBox 0.73, which was easier to set up than this method.
n122vu is offline                         Send a private message to n122vu
Old 09-06-2009, 12:24 PM   #527
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

i don't know but on my 4 years old pc i just download dosbox, download blood and it runs perfectly smooth without any re-configuration
Old 16-06-2009, 10:08 PM   #528
KrokodylPiotr

can't stop playing it under dosbox now.. i don't really like 'blood&gore' but this one is great!.. is there a mouselook option like in quake?
KrokodylPiotr is offline                         Send a private message to KrokodylPiotr
Old 16-06-2009, 11:55 PM   #529
dosraider
Dismembered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrokodylPiotr View Post
.. is there a mouselook option like in quake?
Yep, hit 'U' ingame.

But then I usually set the cursor <- and -> to strafe, not turn, run setup if you also want to do so.

Not a member of The Victorious People's Shoutbox Liberation Army.
Not a member of the GAG Guerrilla. Don't get A Grip!
FOR RENT
*Advertising space*
dosraider is offline                         Send a private message to dosraider
Old 17-06-2009, 01:26 AM   #530
Skyfly
Abandonia nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by _r.u.s.s. View Post
i don't know but on my 4 years old pc i just download dosbox, download blood and it runs perfectly smooth without any re-configuration

With Noflb.com, one can play at higher resolutions. I can play fine at 1280 x1024.
Skyfly is offline                         Send a private message to Skyfly