Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

View Poll Results: Do you believe the official 9/11 story?
Yes. 4 20.00%
No. 16 80.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 02-07-2005, 01:47 AM   #1
Microprose Veteran
Abandonia nerd

It's simple. If you believe the official, government story about "9/11", you vote "yes."
If you do not believe the official story about "9/11" you vote "no."

Regarding the MI-5 agent: he did seem to agree "absolutely" and "totally" with what the radio talkhost said. And of course there's the former government high-ranking officials from the Reagan and Bush administrations. And governor Jesse Ventura. All say they do not believe the official "9/11" story.

I know it's hard to think your government could ever do something that would be regarded as treason. We all want to believe our governments have the best interests with us. Or at worst, that they are incompetent to the extreme, but they are goodhearted all the same.

We should just forgive the CIA, the FBI and NORAD and increase their funding so they can better prevent a next attack. As if the ordinary US voter has any say in these matters.

Here's a totally fictitious comic to lighten up the mood!
Microprose Veteran is offline                         Send a private message to Microprose Veteran
Old 02-07-2005, 03:15 AM   #2
taikara
Abandonia Homie

I'm going to have to say no. :not_ok:
taikara is offline                         Send a private message to taikara
Old 02-07-2005, 03:29 AM   #3
lethe
Game freak

Nope. I never trust anything coming from US, but that's not the point. That story reminds me of a bible, too many flaws.

I read this site once (In portuguese, so I won't bother looking it up for you), describing everything that didn't fit right. Some of them were pure bullsh1t, others were pretty reasonable, and some easy to see for the public. Like the plane that hit the pentagon... They show a video, of something flying 10 feet (!) above the ground.. It doesn't carry street wires after it (Or at least the wings), it doesn't break the second wall of the pentagon (Was that building made to last a nuclear explosion? It's a fu**ing plane hitting it at a enormous speed), and off course those pilote fast courses that the guy took must be really good to teach the guy how to fly 10 feet above the ground! :whistle:
lethe is offline                         Send a private message to lethe
Old 02-07-2005, 03:59 AM   #4
PrejudiceSucks
Above-Par

Shades of grey is all I can say about September 11th. Shades of grey.

It took the heat off the fraudulent elections and gained internation respect... for about a week. Then it was just used as a propaganda device - remember kids, if you're not with us, you're against us!

I doubt that, in an unconfined space, a plane could ever make an explosion hot enough to melt steel girders.

I also know that they put demolition charges inside the building in the event of fire, so that they could blow the burning bits up (actually makes some sense) which is probably when the fires went out really quickly...

So yeah, I don't really believe it.
PrejudiceSucks is offline                         Send a private message to PrejudiceSucks
Old 02-07-2005, 09:00 AM   #5
Lonely Vazdru
Super Freak

I believe most of the official story except the part where passengers managed to overpower the terrorist and forced the plane to crash. This sounds too much like passenger 57 to me, and even if i dig old wesley, he definitly wasn't in that plane. But the rest seems pretty straightforward to me. I don't see the US top agencies letting that happen to their country. One thing is sure though, this day sucked with a ten-klicks-high capital S and i'm still pissed about it big time. :ranting:
Lonely Vazdru is offline                         Send a private message to Lonely Vazdru
Old 02-07-2005, 01:27 PM   #6
omg
Games Master

they used it as a justification to drop all there old vietnam stockpile on afghnistan, going over taliban associated towns and villages and bombing the muck out of them.
then moving in troops, or letting the northern tribes take over.
the worrying thing is by doing this they saved money and gained warehouse space for there new generation weopens. the long term storage costs for some of this stuff. and a
*daisy cutter* is like a treble cluster bit of nastyness that creates a purty treble vortex of flame that is the side of the avarage hut ringvillage.
before the war agianst the russians there were a lot of urbanites in afghnistan. scince the russians bombed it out they never recovered so life had in a large degree so they returned to communal villages. and even some of the nomads tend to have some houses somewhere connected to a communal farm.
fortunatly for the american air force they are the same size as the avarage viatnemeese village.
as for iraq saddam hated the taliban. we used the first war to embargo him and get his oil at a greatly reduced price. he had started going through the un to get faiere treatment. there are other un countrys with what people wouldent really think to be democratic.
they also got to fill there tanks from iraqi oil reserve.
100,000 killed in iraq
10,000 in afghanistan?

there is a reaction to terrorism that is acceptable. a level. bombing houses becuse one of your troops got hit by a sniper, and damn the civilians inside. is unnaceptable when you get nutters going on shootoutsin the streets of urban america do the american airforce send in the bombers? all this is doing is createing a fertile breeding ground for terrorists.

at what point did the americans gain the right to improsn people and torture them with sleep adjustment?
you say its ok, they are terrorist suspects from afghanistan and iraq. if you know that then where is the evidence.

if we had done this to the irish the world would hate us even more.

omg is offline                         Send a private message to omg
Old 02-07-2005, 01:59 PM   #7
PrejudiceSucks
Above-Par

Oh wait, we do. Or did at least. The government does really like to talk about internment though.

Still, I can see see another american civil war coming very soon and possibly a revival of the more violent stuff from the IRA.

Mark my words...
PrejudiceSucks is offline                         Send a private message to PrejudiceSucks
Old 02-07-2005, 04:11 PM   #8
Yobor
Hero Gamer

Gahh. I hate all this crap. Why can't we all be nice to eachother, and tell the friggin truth for a change?
Yobor is offline                         Send a private message to Yobor
Old 02-07-2005, 04:20 PM   #9
ReamusLQ
Home Sweet Abandonia

again, too little options...There needs to be one like "some of it, but not all" or something like that, because I believe we are getting some of the truths, just not all of them.
ReamusLQ is offline                         Send a private message to ReamusLQ
Old 02-07-2005, 04:45 PM   #10
Stroggy
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally posted by ReamusLQ@Jul 2 2005, 05:20 PM
again, too little options...There needs to be one like "some of it, but not all" or something like that, because I believe we are getting some of the truths, just not all of them.
Well in this poll you are either with MV, or against him.