Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 16-04-2005, 07:57 AM   #1
PrejudiceSucks
Above-Par

This is a bit old, but to the people who said that you can't kill Lobstermen with harpoon-carrying people, you are wrong. What you do is GET CLOSE TO a Lobsterman and instead of killing you with his Sonic Cannon or whatever, he comes and tries to hit you.

They are stunned every time with one Stun Rod, even Lobstermen Commander are.

Sorry, that was off topic a bit.
PrejudiceSucks is offline                         Send a private message to PrejudiceSucks
Old 16-04-2005, 10:21 PM   #2
Spookyfish
Game freak

It was . But I'm getting a vague idea of what one of the badass-aliens in TftD is. The big bad ones in UFO are Mutons, Ethereals, and Chryssalids... Concur anyone?
Spookyfish is offline                         Send a private message to Spookyfish
Old 16-04-2005, 10:23 PM   #3
Lizard
Abandonia Homie

Quote:
Originally posted by Spookyfish@Apr 16 2005, 12:32 AM
Ah, you're ruthless. Um... Was it a rather careless use of explosives that managed to take down so many civilians :whistle:?
Well try to kill them with something else....Stun rod tactics is fine, but there are certain places where it dont work...

Ah btw thanks for tip PrejudiceSucks....Might try it sometimes k:
Lizard is offline                         Send a private message to Lizard
Old 16-04-2005, 10:28 PM   #4
axident
Abandonia nerd

Quote:
Originally posted by Spookyfish@Apr 16 2005, 10:21 PM
It was . But I'm getting a vague idea of what one of the badass-aliens in TftD is. The big bad ones in UFO are Mutons, Ethereals, and Chryssalids... Concur anyone?
Ethereals, Sectopods, and Chryssalids. Mutons maybe, but only on higher difficulty levels, when they have so much armor + health that HP can't reliably take them down in one hit.
axident is offline                         Send a private message to axident
Old 16-04-2005, 10:30 PM   #5
Spookyfish
Game freak

Quote:
Originally posted by Lizard+Apr 16 2005, 10:23 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Lizard @ Apr 16 2005, 10:23 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Spookyfish@Apr 16 2005, 12:32 AM
Ah, you're ruthless. Um... Was it a rather careless use of explosives that managed to take down so many civilians :whistle:?
Well try to kill them with something else....Stun rod tactics is fine, but there are certain places where it dont work... [/b][/quote]
As long as your soldiers survive, who cares? Everyone dies sometimes anyway :whistle:.
Spookyfish is offline                         Send a private message to Spookyfish
Old 17-04-2005, 04:49 AM   #6
tuapuk

awesome game.. played this like 10yrs ago and it is still so great after all the years and all the doom3 & halflife hype we've fed with.

my 1st mission after 10yrs - 3 operatives killed.. haha
tuapuk is offline                         Send a private message to tuapuk
Old 17-04-2005, 05:00 AM   #7
Jman4117
Game freak

On the TFTD challenge:
GAS CANNONS! :P

Mutons vs earth tech:
Large Rocket + HE pack
Jman4117 is offline                         Send a private message to Jman4117
Old 17-04-2005, 07:36 AM   #8
PrejudiceSucks
Above-Par

*coughs* If you really want to take on Mutons, get XCcomUtil and turn on Enhanced Lasers. It doesn't actually improve any of them other than the Heavy Laser and makes anything better than a Laser Pistol cost Elerium, but it does bring the Heavy Laser into its rightful place.

Although it does cost 5E 1A (Laser Tanks are better too and cost 10E 5A).

Woohooo 1300th post.
PrejudiceSucks is offline                         Send a private message to PrejudiceSucks
Old 18-04-2005, 09:46 PM   #9

My Ufo: Enemy Unknown always crashes before my second mission when I press "ok". What can I do about that? I downloaded the game yesterday...

Old 18-04-2005, 10:18 PM   #10
Juan Rayo

Hey Guest, I don't know much about the technical stuff (ok, I know NOTHING) BUT I can tell you this... the 80 or something pages thread has a LOT of tek help, I am sure you will find what you need somewhere in there. Yes, I know, its a LONG thread, but the game is worht it...

Wich makes me wonder... could this be THE longest game related -spam free- thread EVER? heh.

ANyway, back to UFO... after givin it a couple of days rest, I came back to the game, this time nothing but earth technology.. found it difficult but playable. On the other hand, it occurs to me now that, once you know how to play it (what to research, how to build your bases, etc) the game IS rather short. Not a complaint, just an observation...

Juan Rayo is offline                         Send a private message to Juan Rayo