Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 23-06-2007, 07:42 PM   #161
Paco
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via ICQ to Paco Send a message via MSN to Paco Send a message via Yahoo to Paco

Maniac Mansion is from 1987 and is more then 15 years old and is hence no more protected or? If Maniac Mansion is no more protected so is Maniac Mansion Deluxe too since it is based on the Original and Why is there no Review of the Original? <_<

Check here for Maps i made
Paco is offline                         Send a private message to Paco
Old 25-06-2007, 07:15 AM   #162
Icewolf
Il Lupone

Send a message via ICQ to Icewolf

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(the_fifth_horseman @ Jun 22 2007, 03:59 PM) [snapback]295783[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
1. LucasArts owns not only the copyright to the original MM itself, but also to all characters and events therein. Since MM Deluxe is effectively a fan-made remake, LucasArts had the right to demand its removal (or otherwise start filing copyright infrigement lawsuits).[/b]
Does that mean if you wanted to make a legal fan-remake, you would have to do something like this?
Original:
Syd, musician, yellow tie
Fan-game:
Ryd, guitar-player, red tie <_<

And it wouldn't be the Edisons but the Hedisons and such crap?
I already hate it, when the do that with soccer games when they didn't pay for the origÃ*nal license... <_<
Old 25-06-2007, 12:39 PM   #163
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paco
Maniac Mansion is from 1987 and is more then 15 years old and is hence no more protected or? If Maniac Mansion is no more protected so is Maniac Mansion Deluxe too since it is based on the Original and Why is there no Review of the Original? <_<
You still don't get it, do you? MM Deluxe has been removed since LucasArts threatened to sue the authors for copyright infrigement. Look that up, will you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icewolf
Does that mean if you wanted to make a legal fan-remake, you would have to do something like this?
Original:
Syd, musician, yellow tie
Fan-game:
Ryd, guitar-player, red tie <_<

And it wouldn't be the Edisons but the Hedisons and such crap?
Precisely. <_< And even then you might get in trouble because the plot of the game is subject to copyrights as well.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards

Last edited by arete; 14-10-2009 at 06:38 AM. Reason: removed old forum's html code
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 25-07-2007, 01:01 AM   #164
Guest_ACE_*

I gave the plant the radio active water and the can of pepsi and it grew but when I walk to the top of the plant with dave he does not go through the door. Anybody know how to make him enter through the hatch door? I am playing the original Commodore 64 version through an emulator.

Old 07-08-2007, 01:46 AM   #165

I don't get this "fan remake" thing... I had MM on my old Atari, and it looked EXACTLY THE SAME as these screenshots. Same character design and everything. So This "fan remake" is probably some kind of translation of the Atari version. Or something...

Old 07-08-2007, 12:35 PM   #166
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest
I don't get this "fan remake" thing... I had MM on my old Atari, and it looked EXACTLY THE SAME as these screenshots. Same character design and everything. So This "fan remake" is probably some kind of translation of the Atari version. Or something...
The Atari version is indeed pretty similar to MMDx, but not the same. There is a second version of original MM for DOS that uses EGA graphics and is nearly the same as the one for Atari.
From top to bottom: Maniac Mansion for DOS, Maniac Mansion for Atari, Maniac Mansion Deluxe.
http://www.mobygames.com/game/dos/ma...ameShotId,8520
http://www.mobygames.com/game/atari-...meShotId,44276
http://www.mobygames.com/game/window...meShotId,73745

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards

Last edited by arete; 14-10-2009 at 06:45 AM. Reason: html and replaced screenshots missing from mobygames
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 17-06-2009, 05:39 PM   #167
gumpy
Game freak

This is a pretty good remake of the game, but I like playing the orignal better.
gumpy is offline                         Send a private message to gumpy
Old 12-10-2009, 07:06 PM   #168
justkc

Fun old game, plenty of nostalgia. A word of advice: don't use a walkthrough, just be patient. If that doesn't sound like fun, this low-graphics old game probably isn't for you.
justkc is offline                         Send a private message to justkc
Old 15-04-2011, 02:11 PM   #169
HeliumFreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fifth Horseman View Post
You still don't get it, do you? MM Deluxe has been removed since LucasArts threatened to sue the authors for copyright infrigement. Look that up, will you?

Precisely. <_< And even then you might get in trouble because the plot of the game is subject to copyrights as well.
I dont mean to start any problems but if this is the case can you please try to explain this. Ive downloaded it and it works fine.

**Edit

I now realize how old this topic is, and that im replying to a post that was 4 years ago, but still, they claim to have been hosting the file for 3 years prior to the post im replying to.

http://www.gamershell.com/download_5988.shtml

Maniac Mansion Deluxe Full Release
home > Download Section > Full Games
Size: 5.56MB
Downloads: 35,557
Hosted since: May 21, 2004, 8:33 pm
Filename: maniacmansiondeluxe.zip

Description:
Maniac Mansion Deluxe Full Release
HeliumFreak is offline                         Send a private message to HeliumFreak
Old 15-04-2011, 11:07 PM   #170
Professor Oak
Home Sweet Abandonia

The game uses the Adventure Game Studio engine. Even then, this game would be more under Abandonia Reloaded than this portion of the site.
Professor Oak is offline                         Send a private message to Professor Oak