Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 09-04-2006, 01:24 PM   #121

OK ive tried everything on this forum and everything on the PDF and it STILL doesn't work. Maybe its because i have a mac.

Old 09-04-2006, 01:32 PM   #122
Data
retired

you are using DOSBox 0.65 ?
Old 23-04-2006, 06:01 PM   #123
boomer12k

Did you download the MAC version of DOSBOX??? :tai:

boomer12k is offline                         Send a private message to boomer12k
Old 23-04-2006, 06:07 PM   #124
boomer12k

To anyone who has completed the game.
I am on the BLACK GATE QUEST for the HAMMER.
I am on the last level. I have 2 keys. Ruby and Emerald. I still can't get into the Magically held door.
I have been ALL OVER THE FREAKING DUNGEON AND THE ONE ABOVE. I can't find where these keys go. OR do I need a 3rd key to get in that door?????
Any help would be GRATEFULLY APPRECIATED! I have spent TWO days down here already!!!!!
I completed the game when it first came out, but that was along time ago. I can't find a real walkthru or hints ANYWHERE!
Thanks.
boomer12k
boomer12k is offline                         Send a private message to boomer12k
Old 10-05-2006, 09:56 PM   #125
Mighty Midget
Pox Vobiscum

I loved Daggerfall and Morrowind (I think I'll give Oblivion a miss). Despite the fact that Daggerfall was called Buggerfall for a VERY GOOD reason, I sort of prefer it over Morrowind, simply for the fact that the vast number of skills allowed you to be virtually ANYBODY. Beside, DF had horses....

Now to the point: I looked at Arena, but couldn't tell head from behind as far as what to do in the first dungeon. I noticed that the number of stats were not as overwhelming as in DF. My question is: What are IYHO, the great bits about Arena vs DF/Morrowind, why should I give it a go, or why should I stick to DF?

I'm serious, I really would like to know if it's worth the hours.

NOTE (slightly off topic): DAGGERFALL DUNGEON MAP:
Left (or was that right) clicking on the map allows you to insert txt on the map pieces. DO IT. I used a system where, at every intersection, I inserted (eg) "15 Wx NW6 E11x S" meaning "Intersection 15, Exit to the west, intersection 6 to the north west, intersection 11 to the east leads to exit, now going south". I never got lost and was able to get back with ease. Just look for the smallest number/exit on your way back.
Of course it's critical that you update the previous intersection as soon as you get to an unmarked one.
Old 16-06-2006, 01:30 PM   #126

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mighty Midget @ May 10 2006, 09:56 PM) [snapback]229905[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

Now to the point: I looked at Arena, but couldn't tell head from behind as far as what to do in the first dungeon. I noticed that the number of stats were not as overwhelming as in DF. My question is: What are IYHO, the great bits about Arena vs DF/Morrowind, why should I give it a go, or why should I stick to DF?

I'm serious, I really would like to know if it's worth the hours.

[/b]
Well, for one thing, it seems to be much less buggy than Daggerfall. At least, this is what I gleaned from the little I played Arena. Furthermore, the world is a much more interesting place to explore than that of Daggerfall: being entirely randomly generated, there appear small villages, temples, inns, lakes, and all sorts of dungeons - abandoned castles, tombs, etc. as you move further away from the city.

The NPCs are surprisingly less generic than in Daggerfall: they actually reveal their identity and job if you ask them about it, and their replies can be quite amusing and imaginative at times.

As for the dungeons, they are far less chaotic than Daggerfall's and, in fact more akin to Morrowind's: smaller, more "humane" - that is they look better suited to human occupation - yet rather tenseful, being much darker than in either of the sequels, not to mention that monsters have the nasty habit of spawning right behind you when you least expect it.

What else is there to say? There are quests, which can either be obtained from inn patrons or from the nobility, though the latter sort require a greater reputation. I have not begun the Main Quest yet, so I cannot inform you on it.

And if you care about graphics, know that the water effects are better than in Daggerfall (puddles of water mirror their surroundings; exterior bodies of water have ripples). NPCs change their garments according to weather.

Old 01-08-2006, 01:51 AM   #127
catchaserguns
Games Master

Thank GOD they made this game a free game and it does work on dosbox and D-Fend.
catchaserguns is offline                         Send a private message to catchaserguns
Old 05-08-2006, 03:21 PM   #128

I tried to download this, got redirected to AR and from there to the Bethseda "legal downloads" site, and then found the download quit after about 58%. Tried again and it happened again at about the same time (probably exactly the same--I'd had my eyes off the screen the first time).

Anyone else having this problem? Is there somewhere I can download this without getting redirected to Bugseda?

Old 23-08-2006, 01:26 AM   #129
boomer12k

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest @ Aug 5 2006, 03:21 PM) [snapback]246860[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
I tried to download this, got redirected to AR and from there to the Bethseda "legal downloads" site, and then found the download quit after about 58%. Tried again and it happened again at about the same time (probably exactly the same--I'd had my eyes off the screen the first time).

Anyone else having this problem? Is there somewhere I can download this without getting redirected to Bugseda?
[/b]
Yes, use eMule and search for elder scrolls arena 1.06 exe and you can download that.
The outside of towns and stuff maybe randomized, but the main quest for the staff is not.
I am playing a new character with a different race, and the dungeons and placement of pieces,
and all that are still the same.

And I discovered that you only need one of the colored keys in the BLACK GATE to open the magically
held doors.
Boomer
Old 05-09-2006, 09:47 PM   #130

I've messed with the cycles, still choppy. Bout ready to give up unfortunately.

I downloaded Daggerfall a long tim ago I think. Or, maybe it was Eye of the Beholder.... I think it was at Home of the Underdogs, or a P2P.