Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 18-09-2007, 10:30 AM   #31

Please help me. I cannot get to the vicarage. Does anybody know how to do it?

Old 16-03-2008, 09:56 PM   #32
Mynoris
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by qball View Post
I got excited when I saw that this game had been added, but after testing it I found that it was the same copy everyone else seems to be hosting. The problem lies with the graveyard behind the church. With every copy I've played, walking through this area causes the graphics to screw up.

Yeah, my sibs and I have been trying to win this game since my father first got it for his Amiga back when I was around 10-11 years old. o_O And every time we try to get into the vicarage, the game freezes.

Has anyone been able to get past it yet?
Mynoris is offline                         Send a private message to Mynoris
Old 23-03-2008, 07:59 PM   #33
humorguy
Super Freak

My one (maybe I have another actually!) claim to fame - I worked with the guy that did the story and puzzles and pretty much everything except the graphics for this game. He did the same for most of the other other Horrorsoft games as well - all on a part time basis, while he owned/ran a computer game store that I managed! He would spend every minute in the back room of the store, trying to come up with ideas, and I saw him scribbling stuff on his notepad sometimes when he was in the front of the store - this is how many games were written back then! The store, by the way, sold Amiga, ST and PC hardware, software and games. We also was one of the last stores to have C64 games still in stock and did a swift mail-order with them!
humorguy is offline                         Send a private message to humorguy
Old 11-09-2008, 06:12 PM   #34
personalnightmare

I've been trying to complete this game for 15 years.

I was surprised by a mention of a VGA version on 3.5"ers, I've never seen it but I have seen a picture of the plastic red box with PC on it, so it must exist somewhere. It was a German copy.

All the cardboard box 'Box Office' with Elvira on are the CGA 5.25" versions and none of them will play the vicarage. I know - I've bought 4.

One thing you can do with the original floppies in install the game in EGA mode. It looks awful but the vicarage behaves different. The graphics still screw up but you can go inside and it doesn't crash. You can cut the woman out of the wall (you can't see it - the screen is just a jumbled mess) and get her stuff. But when you try to go upstairs it CRASHES:mad:

So you can't get your savings book and finish the game.

I've even tried emailing author Mike Woodroffe on numerous occasions as I'm desperate to finish it. Never had a reply.

PM me if you have any links or info to the PC VGA version or any links to any of the Horrorsoft dudes. Mike and Simon Woodroffe, Alan Cox, Teoman Irmak,
Alan Bridgeman.
personalnightmare is offline                         Send a private message to personalnightmare
Old 31-12-2008, 02:00 AM   #35
Jhms
Default Personal Nightmare VGA

Someone has posted the vampire death sequence of the PC VGA version on Youtube
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=kfv8nO...e=channel_page

looks a lot better than the EGA version on this site.

Old 07-05-2009, 10:28 AM   #36
TheReaperman

Default How to talk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volken View Post
'

Personally, my favorite adventure on Amiga, ever !

You can rationalize about its graphic today, but this game has unbelievable atmosphere within.
Almost like the real thing. So many details.

I would love to find good old original for Amiga again.

For life of me , I can't quite recall, how do you initiate conversation with folks inside the game?
Some reminders please?

I remember there was a several funny things you could do, something developers certainly hardly planned

For example, while escaping from a vampire, if you initiated conversation just before last screen when
you are about to manage to escape, waited just a second longer… you spoke with him just as you would
when he was civilian over the day

Great days, great machines, pronouncing present oblivion of creativity that places bitter taste today.
To talk, just type talk to and click or write the person you wish to talk to then about and pick an object or subject.
TheReaperman is offline                         Send a private message to TheReaperman
Old 07-05-2009, 10:31 AM   #37
TheReaperman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest_Splintakill_* View Post
DONG!!!! Goes the midnight bell, I go outside, AND THE VAMP SCARES THE LIVING CRAP OUTTA ME AND KILLS ME. everytime, How do I kill that begger?
To sort the vampire, grab the garlic from the pub kitchen and show it to the guy when hes walking around (Before midnight). Then he leaves you alone...

To kill him, grab a mirror from the pub bedroom. Head to his crypt during the day. Head to his coffin. When he starts to get up, run back to the entrance. He'll wait there but wont attack due to sunlight. Then REFLECT sunlight onto the vampire and hey presto!
TheReaperman is offline                         Send a private message to TheReaperman
Old 02-07-2009, 01:41 PM   #38
Paco
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via ICQ to Paco Send a message via MSN to Paco Send a message via Yahoo to Paco

Game is sold at GoG.

Check here for Maps i made
Paco is offline                         Send a private message to Paco
Old 03-07-2009, 02:18 AM   #39
red_avatar
Administrator

On the plus side, the corruption present in the game has been fixed on GOG.

red_avatar is offline                         Send a private message to red_avatar
Old 05-07-2009, 02:25 PM   #40
Rkichardks

The game at GOG is 7 MB. The ega version on this site is 1.9MB. I wonder if that means the GOG version is the VGA version.
Also this game had been added to SCUMMVM in the 0.14 beta. I heard they fixed the bug, 1 bit needed to be flipped. If someone can contact them we could find the single hex digit that needs to be changed so the Vicarage section will not crash.
Rkichardks is offline                         Send a private message to Rkichardks