Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 08-09-2006, 06:52 PM   #31
ReaperTK

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest @ Sep 8 2006, 01:38 PM) [snapback]253685[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ReaperTK @ Sep 8 2006, 01:43 AM) [snapback]253581[/snapback]
Quote:
I can't get this to play with any music. Winstall.exe won't let me choose any music device and install.exe is all gibberish. I tried running install.exe under dosbox and I get all sorts of errors at the bottom of the screen. I just extracted the game, ran aitd2.exe with vdmsound, and I get no music, same as if I run it under dosbox. Any help wound be appreciated.
[/b]
There's a patch for the WINSTALL file here: http://www.justadventure.com/thejave/html/...mesA/AloneDark/, it should fix the problem of not being able to select a music device.
[/b][/quote]

Thanks! That worked perfectly.

Old 10-09-2006, 09:19 AM   #32
Dave

Damn! It freezes at a fix spot, when you walk into a room with an African mask on its wall on the 2nd floor inside the manor.

Old 11-09-2006, 12:42 PM   #33
Thumbs down

Hi again guys... this is Felipe, from Brazil.

So, the game freezes in the African room? No problem, download this:

http://serveurdarklone.free.fr/Fichi...ck%20AITD2.zip

Just simply replace all files in the game´s directory with that ones in the .zip file.

NOTE: When u guys reach the pirates room (where they´re sleeping) save often! Cause depending what actions or moves that you do, the game freezes. Its still possible to finish the game without go to any corner in this room from the door next to the ladder.

TIP: To put the barrel on their room, use the door in front of the cannon room´s door (not the one next to the ladder). This hint will save you from a bug and help ya to save the day, on AITD2, of course!

Old 12-09-2006, 06:04 AM   #34

what is VDMS program mentioned earlier by a guest?

Old 12-09-2006, 03:02 PM   #35
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

VDMSound, a compatibility program that helps in running old games on Windows XP. You can download a copy from Abandonia's "Programs" page.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 13-09-2006, 01:57 PM   #36

"AITD2 is not sold, and ESA has not renewed its protection on 2. 3 is sold, and 1 is still protected by the ESA."

For how long is a game protected by ESA? Forever? Seems strange how the older games is protected yet the new is not.

Old 13-09-2006, 04:11 PM   #37
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

The publisher company seems to matter alot.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 16-09-2006, 11:54 AM   #38
_mzonas_
Forum hobbit

hey, i have alone in the dark 1, and I have "Alone In The dark" movie!!! Movie is better than game...

USA Today has come out with a new survey: Apparently three out of four people make up 75 percent of the population.
_mzonas_ is offline                         Send a private message to _mzonas_
Old 17-09-2006, 04:25 AM   #39
Noodle-eating Poodle

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DDTY @ Sep 5 2006, 10:04 AM) [snapback]252870[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Okay, so, anyone with any pointers on how to use the crack file? Because you keep dying when you go behind the statue if you don't go past the protection.
[/b]
There should've been an NFO file that came along with the crack; the copy protection removal involves pressing two keys at the same time, when the screen comes up. It is, apparently, a more annoying protection routine than most, either that or the cracking group was simply lazy.

But AITD2CRK does work, it's just a bit annoying. Read the NFO.

Old 19-09-2006, 08:55 AM   #40
TheChosen
"I" in the Team

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(_mzonas_ @ Sep 16 2006, 11:54 AM) [snapback]255373[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
hey, i have alone in the dark 1, and I have "Alone In The dark" movie!!! Movie is better than game...
[/b]
I apologize for being rude, but you obviously dont have any taste.

I hope thats sarcasm.
TheChosen is offline                         Send a private message to TheChosen