Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Gaming Zone
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 07-10-2011, 12:28 PM   #1
stu2000

Default looking for old pc (possibly card based) game

Hi all,

The game I'm trying to find isn't a really old game, I remember playing it like 8 to 10 years ago, it was a small and really simple game I downloaded, I can't remember where from though and I can't remember much about the game either (which isn't helping, I know!).

Anyway, basically the game revolved around mythical animals (I think). You could play against the computer, or against another human player. You were given a random selection of 'animals' that had stats (a little like top trumps). I think they were given to you on little 'playing cards', again a little like top trumps. You'd then select which order you wanted to play your cards/animals and they'd battle it out against the opponents ones. That's basically all I can remember about it!

I might have even got bits wrong, but was wondering if anyone had any clue at all what I'm talking about!!!

The colour scheme of the backgrounds etc was green and yellow I seem to remember if that helps... probably not!

I've just re read what I've described above and it sounds like I'm describing some kind of pokemon game, but it's definitely not a pokemon game! lol I think it had animals like a phoenix and a minator, things like that but again, I could be wrong!

Anyway, any help would be much appreciated!!

Cheers,

Stu
stu2000 is offline                         Send a private message to stu2000
Old 07-10-2011, 12:49 PM   #2
stu2000

oooookay, typical! I've been looking for this for months, as soon as I post about it somewhere I find it right away!

I think the game I was playing is this:

http://www.astraltournament.com/

stu2000 is offline                         Send a private message to stu2000
Old 07-10-2011, 01:11 PM   #3
Tomekk
Master of Orion

Send a message via Yahoo to Tomekk

That looks neat... and the website says discontinued/not for sale anymore, so it might even pass for abandonware?

"that's what all jrpgs are about

0: intro
1: talk talk cry talk talk graphics talk talk,
2: boring jrpg generic turn based combat
3: walk map
4: goto 1 12390482309 times
5: outro"
- _r.u.s.s.
Tomekk is offline                         Send a private message to Tomekk
Old 07-10-2011, 03:05 PM   #4
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

And I've already found a crack for it.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 07-10-2011, 06:04 PM   #5
Japo
Autonomous human

I don't think this qualifies as abandonware, unless we write to that email address and he allows us to distribute it, in which case it would be freeware not abandonware. Sorry to be the bad guy again.

Move to Requests?
Old 12-10-2011, 10:36 AM   #6
Smiling Spectre
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via ICQ to Smiling Spectre Send a message via AIM to Smiling Spectre Send a message via MSN to Smiling Spectre

It was "upgraded" actually. To Spectromancer. So... I don't know, if it's clean. But I can try to contact authors, I think...
Smiling Spectre is offline                         Send a private message to Smiling Spectre
Old 13-10-2011, 08:47 AM   #7
Phreeze_lu
Forum hobbit

Cool

looks cool, remembers me of the Magic The Gathering Game
Phreeze_lu is offline                         Send a private message to Phreeze_lu
Old 14-10-2011, 11:22 AM   #8
Smiling Spectre
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via ICQ to Smiling Spectre Send a message via AIM to Smiling Spectre Send a message via MSN to Smiling Spectre

Oh, it's far from MtG. It's more in vein of Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh and Marvel's Trading Cards.

BTW, is Yu-Gi-Oh (free version, from Edo) available somewhere in Abandonia?
Smiling Spectre is offline                         Send a private message to Smiling Spectre
Old 19-10-2011, 01:25 PM   #9
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Nope?

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 22-10-2011, 07:10 PM   #10
Smiling Spectre
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

1. I tried to mail creators of Spectromancer/Astral Tournament. No any answer.

2. Well, Edo's Yu-Gi-Oh was free game, based on Yu-Gi-Oh rules, quite stable, without any copyrighted pictures to avoid issues (but with much of official rules). Pictures still could be inserted, if you have files for it - game supports it. Project was maintained up to 2007. Then creator suddenly lose interest in it, and... well, that's all about it. Game page still can be accessed here. And here is link for latest build (not one on the site), sources and (I think, copyrighted) pictures that can be inserted in game.