twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Default Nobody Saves... cont.

Ward Swap Boss
bronze:
passives: crit cleric, slug secret, poison tipped
actives: killer sting, pump up, slime slide
strategy: strat with pump up*5 for buff and to break the boss' immunity. Then stick with killer sting. The poison from the passives should take care of dark immunity showing up, if not, that's why I put up slime slide.

silver: dark, light immunity
passives: crit cleric, slug secret, poison tipped
actives: killer sting, slime slide, pump up, water spray
strategy: Start with pump up*5 for more damage. No minion will spawn until you break the first ward. Aftert hat the minions will autohit you, not chance to manouver around. instantly swap in water spray, and start stinging. Because of the autodamage from the minions you'll need to upgrade you Crit Cleric passive for this (or slug's secret, or buy all stat-upgrade from the shop, those MIGHT work too).

gold:
passives: same
actives: pump up, killer sting
strategy: for some reason this challenge does not take away you pre-buffs, so pump up five times right before entering. You mana will be refilled instantly, hehe. Then sting it to death. To make this work you have to pump out dmg ultra fast, so you have to pump up your skills and stats. You definitely don ot have everything maxed out, so do whatever you feel comfortable with. Ranking the bee to S would probably pay out the most - so you can max out Sting, which would make the 0.5 sec delay disappear -, but I just didn't want to do that for now.

Dance, Dance
form: ghost
passives: fleet footed, quick cooldown, horsepower (huh?)
actives: rattler turret, barrier coil, arrow of fury, boo
strategy: I suggest upping the skills as much as you can (meaning rank 3-4), and setting the actives to match the direction of the immunities: light on the left, sword on the right. spook is fixed, but it is another fire-and-forget skill, so this won't pose much problem.
The trick is, to keep all your timed spells active. You do NOT "kill" the things coming at you, don't worry, you hit them and that's only whatt he game wants. Now again: KEEP YOUR SPELLS ACITVE. You have some leaway for Boo, but whenever you have half a second, lay down another barrier and turret! The turret is the most tricky, as you need it all the way down, possibly the middle of the road, so it will work for you. And keep an eye that you always shoot to the right with the arrows!
It's far from impossible if you realise you just have to keep renewing your spells (turret, barrier, boo), and just shoot whatever comes from the right. My record is 2 miss, but with some practice probably could go for 0. Warning though, once I had 5, and somehow the game still failed me mission! Maybe I missed when it turned 6, but if it happens to you, don't freak out.

A trick to level up a form: go into the Imppossible Dungeon. The goal is NOT progress within the dungeon, but to fill out your quest-bars.

NOTE: leveling up Nobody's only skill is actualy worthwile, as it generates an immense amount of mana just by breaking pots. 3-4 pots broken will fill up your entire mana-bar.
NOTE: if you need HP-healing, you should switch into Egg Form, because the skill heals number of HPs, but when you switch forms the HP% is transfered. It's a bit tricky, but in the dragon's tower I used this trick mid-battle against the boss there.

the Impossible Dungeon (gaining Dino Form):
don't be like me ton ot notice the Need To Kill counter on the top of the screen. And this build though at times inconvenient (when you fight single monsters to start with), but helluva resilient against big mobs, which is pretty much what Impossible Dungeon is made of (and you encounter mostly nowhere else).
form: turtle
passives: zomnomnom, strongman, crit cleric
actives: to be honest, you'll mostly just spam the basic attack. Add defensive/offensive buff moves if you feel like, and ward-breakers too (water spray for light damage will probably be the first absolutely necessary on the way to Floor 12). Floor 10-11 has sword immunity, so swap in that arrow-spell or whatever. Lvl 12 minions has that brown thing (hammer?) immunity, so the turtle is in its element. The boss don't have any ward on it. Definitely buff yourself to the brim, and bring Holy Light to the arena to hasten the process. This floor COUNTS.

Killer bee:
size: small
advantage: glass cannon, flies (swims)

disadvantage: glass cannon

Mechanic:
size: normal
advantage: the turret perk is strong
disadvantage: its attack-speed is horrendous, and doesn't even hit big

Dino:
size: normal (big?)
advantage: it's pretty mid, but is a dino, so that's a point. It also has pretty thick skin, so in the early NG+ dungeons it is very good.
disadvantage: I don't understand the volution-mechanic, and it is almost entirely melee-orineted.

------------

NG+
- only dungeons give stars
- if you dod not complete some quest, or at least definitely the Infinite Dungeon Tier 3 (that dungeon never becomes green by the way), those are carried over. No, they won't give you like any reward
- you are probably arriving at max. character-level anyway, which is 75, so all those "infinite quest2 will be just a nuisance now on.
- you can not access the training-area (Nostradamus Museum)
- you can leave the starting town by swimming/flying around it, and it'll automaticaly give you some quest-completion. Don't mind this, doesn't effect anything.
- every dungeon gets extra, set attributes. These are fixed, so don't try to reroll. It's mostly no-mana, no-healing, or form-locked. And ca. every dungeon will have wards on monsters (in some cases they "regenerate" instantly, you have been warned)
- every dungeon you complete (in the boss-room, not in some related quest) worth 10 star
- the thief guild is supposed to steal your stars. They don't. If go there anway to "rob back" your stars, you are instead gaining 5 extra stars.
- do NOT try to stick to a certain form. Every dungeon will have a form that works there the best, giving you a much easier time. And yes, sometimes this form is THE ZOMBIE.
- always check what the dungeon-gimmicks are. If it says "corpses explode" that also means your own familiars, so beware.

Last edited by twillight; 06-05-2024 at 08:58 AM.
twillight is offline                         Send a private message to twillight