Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 26-05-2007, 07:17 AM   #1

The version from here didn't work with dosbox. but anyway I got it to run.

however, it crashes everytime I finish building an Hyperwave decoder... how can I fix this?

Old 27-05-2007, 09:56 PM   #2
guest again

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(guest @ May 26 2007, 08:17 AM) [snapback]291408[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
The version from here didn't work with dosbox. but anyway I got it to run.

however, it crashes everytime I finish building an Hyperwave decoder... how can I fix this?
[/b]
nevermind, I had to restart anyway.

I killed all the snakemen and chrysalids attacking my only base... but the mission didn't end. so I spread out my guys to find any remaining aliens and lost them one by one to a chrysalid. ever noticed how those things stalk your guys when they're out of reach? you turn away, press next turn , and it jumps on him.

Old 03-06-2007, 02:51 AM   #3
laiocfar
NOD Commander

A tip, when fighting chrysalids with cheap human rifles, make everyone to carry an activated HE.
If your are using better equipment, specially in base defend mission or terror missions where you dont known who is surronding who, carry movement detectors.
Old 12-06-2007, 10:48 AM   #4
PuttingtheNobinNoob

Hey guys, long time listener, first time caller.

I have UFO and Dos box, and have gotten as far as getting the dos prompt to the main folder of UFO Defense(The one with GEODATA, GEOGRAPH, GAME_1 etc.), but can't run the exe program or whatever. There's also no setup file for the sound.

This is driving me insane. I've already looked at Dosbox faq a few dozen times but can't figure it out. Please help me as I want to relive the glory days of killing floaters and snakemen.

Thanks.

Old 12-06-2007, 06:17 PM   #5
Japo
Autonomous human

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(PuttingtheNobinNoob @ Jun 12 2007, 12:48 PM) [snapback]294051[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Hey guys, long time listener, first time caller.

I have UFO and Dos box, and have gotten as far as getting the dos prompt to the main folder of UFO Defense(The one with GEODATA, GEOGRAPH, GAME_1 etc.), but can't run the exe program or whatever. There's also no setup file for the sound.

This is driving me insane. I've already looked at Dosbox faq a few dozen times but can't figure it out. Please help me as I want to relive the glory days of killing floaters and snakemen.

Thanks.[/b]
Enter UFOCD; I think GO will make it go as well, must be some difference between the two.
Old 12-06-2007, 01:31 PM   #6
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Is there any error message?

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 12-06-2007, 09:50 PM   #7
mightyteegar

Hey all, I'm having a problem with the Abandonia DOS version of UFO. I'm running Ubuntu Linux 7.04 (feisty) with DOSBox 0.65.

My problem is that when I try to start the game with the command "ufocd" in DOSBox, I have absolutely no mouse support at all. No cursor, no clicking, nothing. I don't know what other commands I could use to start the game -- "go" does nothing and neither does "full".

Can this be fixed?

Old 12-06-2007, 09:55 PM   #8
Mighty Midget
Pox Vobiscum

Do you have the mouse working in any other games?
Old 12-06-2007, 10:40 PM   #9
mightyteegar

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mighty Midget @ Jun 12 2007, 10:55 PM) [snapback]294125[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Do you have the mouse working in any other games?
[/b]
Odd... no, I don't. Tried Pizza Tycoon and Dominus and no mouse in either. And in the meantime I've been doing some Google digging, and it appears I'm the only person on the face of the planet with this problem. :wallbash:

*sigh*

Old 12-06-2007, 10:52 PM   #10
Mighty Midget
Pox Vobiscum

Do you have a PS/2 mouse or a USB mouse? Try a PS/2 and see if that changes anything.