Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 07-08-2006, 11:24 AM   #1

Blast - that should be OverLord.

www.overlordofharmony.com

Old 24-05-2009, 03:24 PM   #2
Oskatat
Game freak

Default efficiency

I read the manual and most posts here.... how can i improve efficiency? military is ok, SIN is good, but mining and research, the things that matter, are sub par.... so, how to improve that? increase budget, increase free personel? I'm already selective in hiring (experience, study credentials)
Oskatat is offline                         Send a private message to Oskatat
Old 24-05-2009, 03:57 PM   #3
Oskatat
Game freak

Oh, and some info... the syndicate will send a fleet to any planet thet you send a fleet to, unless you send the cloaked fox. I jut scouted and reconnoited (or something) the eyeball, to no effect, but wit SIN and a FOX, no syndicate interference

also, to protect against the invasion and assassination, you shouldnt have a fleet at harmony but launch it as an atack fleet there

find reseacrchers with varying skills and change what they research. If they have 15 personel each research goes fast, but you cant have that many without compromising your mines etc. sidenote, keep an eye to techs that improve mining. theyre important

Last edited by Oskatat; 25-05-2009 at 04:24 PM.
Oskatat is offline                         Send a private message to Oskatat
Old 03-06-2009, 02:25 PM   #4
laiocfar
NOD Commander

10 researchers per team perform pretty good, mostly if you got many teams.
Old 11-07-2009, 03:46 PM   #5
droctopus
Lurker

I figured out how to make dragon ships only cost 256 fils/game currency. If anyone is interested let me know. I've been playing around with the game files with a hex editor.
droctopus is offline                         Send a private message to droctopus
Old 16-04-2016, 03:41 PM   #6
Exeter Cu Ion

Default Installing problem!

Hi. Can anyone tell me what key I have to press to install the game? I know 'I' is Input, 'O' is Output (this seems to freeze the install with a beige screen) 'S' is Sound and 'Q' is quit, but I can't seem to find the key (or key combination) to Install?

I'm using DosBox 0.74, with c: drive mounted as my usual dosbox folder, the Maelstrom download from this site, and a: drive mounted as the unzipped folder containing the install files.
Exeter Cu Ion is offline                         Send a private message to Exeter Cu Ion
Old 16-04-2016, 08:07 PM   #7
Smiling Spectre
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via ICQ to Smiling Spectre Send a message via AIM to Smiling Spectre Send a message via MSN to Smiling Spectre

It seems for me that game on site is pre-installed. You don't need to install it. So your installer is not from Abandonia.

Anyway, I found installer and tried it. Yes, it seems something wrong with output. Anyway, you can move in the menu with Tab, and select with Enter. Everything (including installing, but excluding "output path") works well for me.

P.S. Installer is broken, BTW, but it seems it installs everything all right anyway. But I didn't check it too close.

Last edited by Smiling Spectre; 16-04-2016 at 08:20 PM.
Smiling Spectre is offline                         Send a private message to Smiling Spectre
Old 18-04-2016, 02:22 PM   #8
Exeter Cu Ion

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling Spectre View Post
It seems for me that game on site is pre-installed. You don't need to install it. So your installer is not from Abandonia.
Right you are. I had both unzipped and kept mounting the wrong folder!

I've obviously got a bit rusty on my 8+3 file system syntax.

Quote:
Anyway, I found installer and tried it. Yes, it seems something wrong with output. Anyway, you can move in the menu with Tab, and select with Enter. Everything (including installing, but excluding "output path") works well for me.

P.S. Installer is broken, BTW, but it seems it installs everything all right anyway. But I didn't check it too close.
Good to know it was the installer and not me with the issues!

Now to try this thing out!
Exeter Cu Ion is offline                         Send a private message to Exeter Cu Ion
Old 19-03-2007, 08:20 AM   #9
Wolf`

Hey all I askign any one that has the game etehr installed or some one that has teh CD ether rar the instalion folder or make a iso of the CD and would not mined sending me a copy. My old 6 disk Dos verion is no loger working and I can;t seem to fined a download for this game

I be realy happy if some one msn me at [BEEEP]@gmail.com and ether send me a zipied voerion of the install, zipped verion of each 6 disk, or the CD rom verion into a iso.... thanks

Old 13-04-2007, 05:19 AM   #10
laiocfar
NOD Commander

This is one of the best games ever made but also one of the most unrated. So we missed sequels or at least games that follow the idea.