Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 17-06-2010, 03:57 PM   #461
Helpplz
Default Is this only available for the english version??

Quote:
Originally Posted by geehehe View Post
Mad Eddy's and the Beta Shop
Go to town.
Press and hold, all at the same time: F12, R, N, and Q.
hit 'Cancel' to go back to your house.
When you go back to town, there should be two new shops: Mad Eddy's and the Beta Shop.

Mad Eddy gives you free money, and lets you buy very rare items, among other things.

The Beta Shop lets you select the ENDing, among other things.

you can look at this page for usefull tips http://princessmaker.maison-otaku.net/princess.htm

for basic instruction..........http://www.kkpmc.net/pm2/pm2.htm

I had chinese version instead of english version, how come the mad eddy & the beta shop didn't come out? I followed the instruction....so is it only for japanese and english beta version???

Old 21-07-2010, 08:48 PM   #462
ladyjanesaid
Default No Sound

Please help...

I don't know what file to use to configure Princess Maker 2 to produce sound... I don't even know how to phrase this question properly. Basically, there is no sound in my game and I wish to correct this.

in this tutorial: http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=17498 there is a setup.exe file with values that he's able to edit, but in the Princess Maker 2 files there is no setup.exe file. What is the equivalent?

I'm sorry if this question is so ignorant. I really appreciate any help, even a link in the right direction.
I'm using DOSBox-0.74 and Windows 7 Home Premium...
Thanks.

Old 21-07-2010, 10:21 PM   #463
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

I believe that would be dosinst.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 22-07-2010, 06:01 PM   #464
ladyjanesaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fifth Horseman View Post
I believe that would be dosinst.
thank you so much- I was able to fix the sound problem with your help. I'm really enjoying the game now. thanks again

Old 19-12-2010, 09:58 AM   #465
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Some question no walkthroughs explain:
- what are all the stats for? (like constitution gives hp. But moral? And all the others?)
- what are requirements to gain money from the jobs? (With other words what causes the girl to not work/work badly, and because of that be sad and run away?)
- what are the stats to wear the different clothes?
- how does adventuring works? (I never went adventuring. How does time pass there? How you gain back health and mana? What is the combat-system? How you find monsters to kill and how much gold you can get from adventuring?)
- which protector-gods (after you beat the War God) boost which stat?
- in every festival you can take the same challenge, or you have to do a different-one?
- how you get social reputation (to talk with people)?
- what does the father-daughter conversation options used for?
twillight is offline                         Send a private message to twillight
Old 26-01-2011, 02:30 AM   #466
MonsignorGabriel

It's hard to say something either way about this game...

On the pro side, it's definitely an original. The anime graphics and sequences are really fun and great-looking. The gameplay is simple enough, and the RPG elements are well-ingrained. The characters are memorable, the story is OK for something that's from Japan. Gainax is always sure to please, I guess.

On the con side is the difficulty/learning curve. The time limit is troublesome to get used to, taking into consideration the fact some jobs only become available at certain ages. The whole "father" thing was strange, to say the least. On the plus side, I felt real pride at seeing my daughter become a great writer. On the negative side... Incest. They should have just made the player character the princess and the whole time issue could have been wholly eliminated, giving the game more replay value. The adventuring stuff (combat included) is shallow and short-lived, as my daughter was 16 when she could actually defeat a monster. Money is always effin' tight, and a simple increase (Srsly, 500 bucks? I get the feeling asking the king for six would require some serious begging on my part) or a way to increase the salary would have been good, and would have made managing the work aspects easier.

My daughter was a little run-away. Apparently, she fucking hated working in the Salon. She ran away a total of 7 times (two weeks in a monastery? GR8! two weeks in a salon? DAD IS A NAZI). It doesn't help that the stats are not explained and that there's no manual to explain them. I had to constantly refer to walkthroughs to check if I was doing everything right. Still, I educated her thoroughly in Science, Painting, Dance, etc. She won the Art festival 3 times before some bitch encouraged her to join the dance competition, which pays 1000 bucks less than the art competition.

The difficulty is a bit hard to get over, and will turn off people who want a casual experience (like me). I've only played it twice, and each time was an uphill battle with my patience. But I guess it's for people who have time to kill. Hell, most RPGs are. It's overall pretty good, but not for me.
MonsignorGabriel is offline                         Send a private message to MonsignorGabriel
Old 26-01-2011, 07:48 AM   #467
Scatty
Treasure hunter

As far as I remember the story in the intro, she is only his adopted daughter, not born from him. Where's there incest in that?
Scatty is offline                         Send a private message to Scatty
Old 29-01-2011, 06:51 PM   #468
MonsignorGabriel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scatty View Post
As far as I remember the story in the intro, she is only his adopted daughter, not born from him. Where's there incest in that?
Must've missed that tidbit... Still, this game is weird. Edited Please don't insult other members/peoples home countries, many of us are from those places you listed.

Last edited by DarthHelmet86; 29-01-2011 at 07:32 PM. Reason: Cleaned up potential insulting comments.
MonsignorGabriel is offline                         Send a private message to MonsignorGabriel
Old 29-01-2011, 07:00 PM   #469
Japo
Autonomous human

Monsignor, what you think is your business, but it's such a bad idea talking like that about other people's countries. And more to to the point, it's against the policy of this website, and pretty much any website.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scatty View Post
Dunno, like... All over the place?
Old 29-01-2011, 07:33 PM   #470
DarthHelmet86
SuperFishMod

If you don't like other countries thats fine, keep it to yourself...next time I won't be so nice.

About the game, the girl isn't even human and I played this and never got any dirty vibes from it at all. It's just a game you only get out of it what you put in.
DarthHelmet86 is offline                         Send a private message to DarthHelmet86