Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 19-02-2005, 10:45 AM   #101
blazer2012

wheres the full manual at this manual that i downloaded dosent have all the pages

Old 24-02-2005, 09:18 AM   #102

Hi everybody! In the old days I praised this game, worshipped it! However I couldn't play it, because the graphics got really bad in the combat. So bad that I couldn't see anthing after a while. I regretted it until today. I thoght I'll give the game another try with XP, super machine, fixes and patches.

Again the graphics get all screwed when I use magic in the combat. Like in the old days!!!! I tried to run the patch, but when I do it it says it is missing a file: PATCH.RTP. everything else works fine, only when I use magic in the battle...

PLEASE, PLEASE help... many thanks!

Old 07-03-2005, 12:11 AM   #103
Thanks!!!!

I just wanted to thank the admins of the site who had Star Trail up on their server! I've been searching for this game for almost four years now, and now that i've got it, i'm gonna go and finish what I started about 10 years ago. Thanks again for having this game available! :Brain: k:

Old 07-03-2005, 12:15 AM   #104
dragonLancer
Super Freak

Send a message via MSN to dragonLancer

good luck k:

If anyone wants me I'll be in the Angry Dome!!!

----------------------------------------------------------
dragonLancer is offline                         Send a private message to dragonLancer
Old 13-03-2005, 11:46 AM   #105
Huub

Quote:
Originally posted by Tom Henrik@Jun 8 2004, 06:31 PM
I feel like such a fool.... ops:

The download on this site has a crack file in it... ops:
All of you who already have downloaded the game from this site, CAN save... Just run the crack file BEFORE you run the game.

It will still ask for the words on pages yattah yattah ya... but just type whatever you wish. And the game is saved.

How could I have missed that file?! ops:

But I would still advice you to play the Blade of Destiny first. Just to get the chronologie correct.
Dear Tom henrik,

I read your comment on saving the game. When I try to run the crack.com-file, is says Error: unable to locate the file to patch. I try to run this file after I installed the game, but before I play it. Do you have any idea how crack the game in another way?

thanks in advance,

Huub

Old 15-03-2005, 11:45 AM   #106
Huub

Quote:
Originally posted by Sebastian@Jan 11 2005, 11:23 PM
Hello everybody im sebastian from argentina and i have a really wierd problem with the game =P
when i execute star.exe it shows this:

star trail need an installed xms/ems driver....
(memory requirements here)

and then it says:

your system only has 16777216 bytes of free ems memory and
-1024 bytes of free xms memory

i dont know what to do, it plays great on dosbox but i cant save because of the copy protection...

anyway if anyone can help me ill apreciate, i really liked the first part of the game it was the first rpg i ever played but since i live in argentina i couldnt find the secuels...

Btw: the page is great keep up the good work :ok:
move the crack.com file to the directopry you unzipped the game and then run it. You can type anything with the savequestion!

Old 20-03-2005, 04:04 PM   #107
red_avatar
Administrator

I can't find Shadows over Riva ANYWHERE. Ebay only has one single Arkania game Does anyone know where I can get it (download preferrably since USA shops are rip offs when it comes to P&P).

red_avatar is offline                         Send a private message to red_avatar
Old 20-03-2005, 05:32 PM   #108
Mad-E-Fact
Games Master

There is a way to obtain it, but I'd rather see someone confirm its abandonware status first. HOTU only has a buy link for the trilogy, so I'm not too sure if it's legal for me to post it here.
Mad-E-Fact is offline                         Send a private message to Mad-E-Fact
Old 20-03-2005, 05:52 PM   #109
red_avatar
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Mad-E-Fact@Mar 20 2005, 06:32 PM
There is a way to obtain it, but I'd rather see someone confirm its abandonware status first. HOTU only has a buy link for the trilogy, so I'm not too sure if it's legal for me to post it here.
Yeah I checked that out. They charge $25 to mail a simple CD! I'm not paying 4 times as much for shipping than for the actual game. That's just a waste of money.

red_avatar is offline                         Send a private message to red_avatar
Old 10-04-2005, 06:22 PM   #110
Guest_Mike

Quote:
Originally posted by Guest@Feb 24 2005, 10:18 AM
Hi everybody! In the old days I praised this game, worshipped it! However I couldn't play it, because the graphics got really bad in the combat. So bad that I couldn't see anthing after a while. I regretted it until today. I thoght I'll give the game another try with XP, super machine, fixes and patches.

Again the graphics get all screwed when I use magic in the combat. Like in the old days!!!! I* tried to run the patch, but when I do it it says it is missing a file: PATCH.RTP. everything else works fine, only when I use magic in the battle...

PLEASE, PLEASE help... many thanks!
Try putting fix.com in the game directory and running it. You can find that in the zip you downloaded the game from.

After that, start the game with:
star /g:bios

That extra command should take care of the colors getting all screwy. That works for me, and now I don't get scrambled combat graphics or screwy colors after spells like lightning or in conversations with NPCs.