Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 02-05-2009, 08:45 AM   #1
bobinator1992
Abandonia nerd

Send a message via ICQ to bobinator1992 Send a message via AIM to bobinator1992 Send a message via MSN to bobinator1992 Send a message via Yahoo to bobinator1992 Send a message via Skype™ to bobinator1992
Default Looking for computer RPG mapping programs

I tried the whole pencil and graph paper thing. It didn't really work. By computer RPG, I mean games like Eye of the Beholder, Bard's Tale, any RPG with no auto-map and first-person dungeons.

The only ones I've found are for tabletop RPGs. Can anyone help me out?
bobinator1992 is offline                         Send a private message to bobinator1992
Old 02-05-2009, 09:41 AM   #2
Mighty Midget
Pox Vobiscum

So what you're looking for is a program that does the job of drawing the map for you? Dunno about that but as for EotB, I used "squared" paper and it worked for me. Wrote numbers in the squares and made a list on the side, for details. Not sure exactly what you want the program to do, but will a simple grid do, where you can mark walls and objects? Perhaps some of the game creators at Reloaded have any idea how to make that?
Old 02-05-2009, 11:50 AM   #3
Paco
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via ICQ to Paco Send a message via MSN to Paco Send a message via Yahoo to Paco

i used to create Maps with AutoREALM, but its not perfect and also not updated anymore (last is 2006).

I created Maps for Abandoned Places with it but i had to correct it later with GIMP and Paint, because like i said its not perfect so error can happen which i then removed with other Programs.

Check here for Maps i made
Paco is offline                         Send a private message to Paco
Old 02-05-2009, 06:10 PM   #4
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Just use GIMP, more specifically its XCF format.
You can use layers with that, so you have 1 layer that divides the map into squares, another layer where you fill in the dungeon layout, another where you indicate doors and other important locations, and add text layers with any useful notes you might have.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman