Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Search Forums:
Click here to use Advanced Search

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18-06-2019, 12:58 AM   #31
Mystvan
Vice-Chair-man Poke-man
 
Mystvan's Avatar

 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Sao Paulo, Brazil
Posts: 864
Red face Losing Fitness!

Ugh! I needed to get my Aerobic Exercise Equipments since there is no Pre-emptive and Periodic Maintenance of them in my Condominium. Unfortunately, this is a bad habit that prevails in order to cut “unnecessary” Expenses. However, this is foolishness and recklessness, for cheap becomes always expensive! Ugh... You get what you pay for!

I interrupted my Physical Exercise routine for a few weeks to await the arrival of such Aerobic Exercise Equipments (manufactured by Speedo, a brand of quality by the way! ).) and I was able to obtain some pertinent informations:

Quote:

• It is easier for you to lose your Fitness than to keep it!
• It takes a few weeks for you to get reacquainted with the Physical Exercise (regain your previous Fitness)! I needed to be patient and gradually and fortunately, I was able to recover my Fitness and also my Weight (BMI of 20). *phew* *whew*
• I avoided using the Elliptical Trainer (causing headache and vertigo), but I came to appreciate it. I use alternately the Elliptical Trainer with the Exercise Treadmill. And I stopped using the Stationary Bicycle since using the Elliptical Trainer burns calories almost as much as using the Exercise Treadmill. OTOH, using the Stationary Bicycle burns only 60% of Exercise Treadmill.
__________________
My New Signature 2.0

Last edited by Mystvan; 12-07-2019 at 01:16 AM.
Mystvan is offline                         Send a private message to Mystvan
Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2019, 01:06 AM   #32
Mystvan
Vice-Chair-man Poke-man
 
Mystvan's Avatar

 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Sao Paulo, Brazil
Posts: 864
Red face My Suggestion

A suggestion from my Physical Exercise routine 5 times a week:

Quote:

• Jogging for 15 minutes and Walking / Running for 5 minutes - 20 Minute Interval. Depending on your Physical condition, you can practice “n” 20 Minute Intervals per day;
• Use the Elliptical Trainer striding in a Reverse Motion for 15 minutes and striding in a Forward Motion for 5 minutes (or using Stationary Bicycle for 5 minutes) - 20 Minute Interval. Depending on your Physical condition, you practice “n” 20 Minute Intervals per day;
• Running for 15 minutes and Walking / Jogging for 5 minutes - 20 Minute Interval. Depending on your Physical condition, you can practice “n” 20 Minute Intervals per day;
• Use the Elliptical Trainer striding in a Forward Motion for 15 minutes and striding in a Reverse Motion for 5 minutes (or using Stationary Bicycle for 5 minutes) - 20 Minute Interval. Depending on your Physical condition, you practice “n” 20 Minute Intervals per day;
• Running for 15 minutes and Walking / Jogging for 5 minutes - 20 Minute Interval. Depending on your Physical condition, you can practice “n” 20 Minute Intervals per day.
__________________
My New Signature 2.0
Mystvan is offline                         Send a private message to Mystvan
Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2019, 01:12 AM   #33
Mystvan
Vice-Chair-man Poke-man
 
Mystvan's Avatar

 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Sao Paulo, Brazil
Posts: 864
Red face Elliptical Trainer

I realize that Exercising Physically using the Elliptical Trainer tires muscles more than the Exercise Treadmill! Why? I do not know, but I have some assumptions :

Quote:

• Using the Elliptical Trainer and / or Stationary Bicycle needs your muscles to move the pedals. The “Motor” of the Elliptical and / or Stationary Bicycle are the Human Muscles. In other words, the Speed of Motion of the Aerobic Exercise Equipments (Elliptical Trainer and / or Stationary Bicycle) are determined by the effort from the Human Muscles ;
• On the other hand, although you perspire more when using the Exercise Treadmill, there is the Electric Motor that drives the Exercise Treadmill. You just keep up with the Speed provided by the Motor of the Exercise Treadmill.
__________________
My New Signature 2.0
Mystvan is offline                         Send a private message to Mystvan
Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 01:18 AM   #34
Mystvan
Vice-Chair-man Poke-man
 
Mystvan's Avatar

 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Sao Paulo, Brazil
Posts: 864
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystvan View Post

A suggestion from my Physical Exercise routine 5 times a week:

Quote:

• Jogging for 15 minutes and Walking / Running for 5 minutes - 20 Minute Interval. Depending on your Physical condition, you can practice “n” 20 Minute Intervals per day;
• Use the Elliptical Trainer striding in a Reverse Motion for 15 minutes and striding in a Forward Motion for 5 minutes (or using Stationary Bicycle for 5 minutes) - 20 Minute Interval. Depending on your Physical condition, you practice “n” 20 Minute Intervals per day;
• Running for 15 minutes and Walking / Jogging for 5 minutes - 20 Minute Interval. Depending on your Physical condition, you can practice “n” 20 Minute Intervals per day;
• Use the Elliptical Trainer striding in a Forward Motion for 15 minutes and striding in a Reverse Motion for 5 minutes (or using Stationary Bicycle for 5 minutes) - 20 Minute Interval. Depending on your Physical condition, you practice “n” 20 Minute Intervals per day;
• Running for 15 minutes and Walking / Jogging for 5 minutes - 20 Minute Interval. Depending on your Physical condition, you can practice “n” 20 Minute Intervals per day.
I suggested that way so that there is more body metabolism and consequently more caloric burn and weight loss faster and more efficiently.

And you can also “rest” while walking for 05 minutes!


EDIT:

It is certainly a Win-Win situation! After all, I managed to lose more weight even with this method (BMI 19! ) and avoiding meat consumption (eating only light cheese) and eating less carbohydrate.
__________________
My New Signature 2.0

Last edited by Mystvan; 16-07-2019 at 01:02 AM.
Mystvan is offline                         Send a private message to Mystvan
Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 01:22 AM   #35
Mystvan
Vice-Chair-man Poke-man
 
Mystvan's Avatar

 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Sao Paulo, Brazil
Posts: 864
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystvan View Post

I realize that Exercising Physically using the Elliptical Trainer tires muscles more than the Exercise Treadmill! Why? I do not know, but I have some assumptions :

Quote:

• Using the Elliptical Trainer and / or Stationary Bicycle needs your muscles to move the pedals. The “Motor” of the Elliptical and / or Stationary Bicycle are the Human Muscles. In other words, the Speed of Motion of the Aerobic Exercise Equipments (Elliptical Trainer and / or Stationary Bicycle) are determined by the effort from the Human Muscles ;
• On the other hand, although you perspire more when using the Exercise Treadmill, there is the Electric Motor that drives the Exercise Treadmill. You just keep up with the Speed provided by the Motor of the Exercise Treadmill.
The use of Exercise Treadmill can cause a breathless for beginners, but on the other hand, the use of the Elliptical Trainer can cause muscle fatigue although there is less sweat and no breathless.

Caution, patience and planning are needed. Fortunately, I have overcome these initial difficulties.
__________________
My New Signature 2.0
Mystvan is offline                         Send a private message to Mystvan
Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2020, 03:14 PM   #36
kunleben
Lurker

 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Posts: 1
Default Weight loss

You can't loose weight with just exercise along, you really need to also watch what you eat...
kunleben is offline                         Send a private message to kunleben
Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2020, 04:24 PM   #37
MuzzyF8
Forum hobbit
 
MuzzyF8's Avatar

 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: ,
Posts: 35
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kunleben View Post
You can't loose weight with just exercise along, you really need to also watch what you eat...
Not true.
I eat what I want and all I want.
Just I need to run longer distance to keep weight.
MuzzyF8 is offline                         Send a private message to MuzzyF8
Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 11:02 AM   #38
EricaR
Newbie

 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Posts: 11
Default

I drastically lose my weight and reduce my waist size 32 to 30 after reducing eating chicken and food with chicken. Also, I stopped having my heavy dinner converting it to bowl of fruits.
EricaR is offline                         Send a private message to EricaR
Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2020, 05:06 PM   #39
Mystvan
Vice-Chair-man Poke-man
 
Mystvan's Avatar

 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Sao Paulo, Brazil
Posts: 864
Smile

One thing that I realized is very important and I mentioned in previous posts: you must exercise physically totally relaxed.

From my experience, analysis and deduction, it seems that when I exercise when I am tense, I tend to have muscle pain. Ugh!

Thus, there is fatigue due to excessive physical exercises, in addition to muscle pain due to intensity and also muscle tension. Be careful!

Another thing: I was wrong to say that it would be better to consume pasta than protein. According to an acquaintance of mine, who is a Doctor, protein satiates for a longer time while pasta (sugar), in addition to getting fatter, satiates for less time. My apologies!
__________________
My New Signature 2.0
Mystvan is offline                         Send a private message to Mystvan
Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2020, 05:32 PM   #40
Mystvan
Vice-Chair-man Poke-man
 
Mystvan's Avatar

 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Sao Paulo, Brazil
Posts: 864
Thumbs up Muscle Tension

Because of the Coronavirus Pandemic, there has been a lot of impact on our daily lives in ways that may have affected us psychologically.

This is very natural, and can cause Depression, Discouragement, Tension and other Health Problems in the face of Adverse Economic and Public Health situations due to Coronavirus.

One way I found to try to relax in these situations is a Method that I realized and improved.

I do not know if this Method is used in the area of ​​Psychology and Psychiatry, but... Whatever...

To see if I am Tense, I have listed several Parameters for measuring the Degree of Muscle Tension:

Quote:

01) The first and main Parameter is our Facial Muscles. You notice if you are tense when your Face is “frown”. And I feel like it takes about a few hours to relax the Facial Muscles;
02) Our Shoulders. I try to relax and feel the Pressure on my Head practically “disappear”. It is surprising!
03) The Back of our Hands. You feel the difference in Muscle Relaxation. The sensation feels like (lesser Degree of) “Salonpas” on skin;
04) Our Backbone. You feel the difference in Muscle Relaxation;
05) Our Legs, especially in the Region behind the Knees. The sensation feels like (lesser Degree of) “Salonpas” on skin;;
06) Our Ankles. The sensation feels like (lesser Degree of) “Salonpas” on skin;
07) The Back of our Feet and Toes. When you are standing, you can see if you are Tense when you exert Strength in Walking and Stepping. The sensation feels like (lesser Degree of) “Salonpas” on skin.
Quote:

Another thing that can complement Muscle Relaxation would be to maintain Positive Thoughts and support each other.
__________________
My New Signature 2.0
Mystvan is offline                         Send a private message to Mystvan
Reply With Quote
Reply


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
mourning the loss of the Polish president nextinline Blah, blah, blah... 10 12-04-2010 02:19 AM
The Weight Of Heavy Things TheChosen Blah, blah, blah... 15 28-09-2006 08:46 AM
Great Loss To The Musical World Chuck the plant Music, Art, Movies 7 05-08-2005 03:28 AM

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump
 


The current time is 08:07 PM (GMT)

 
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.