Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Community News & Feedback > Old Suggestions
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 16-02-2009, 08:20 PM   #1
nachtprinzessin

Default Princesss Maker Difficulties

Hi, I'm a little new here. I was recommended your site, because of a review of a game called Princess maker. They said it was a great game to try out, but that it was an abandoned game you couldn't get anymore. Then another person said I could maybe get it here, well, I came here! Yay! :thumbs:

And I even found a review of it, but when I try to search for the game itself I can't find a download button like I saw for some of the other games I looked at? I know I must be dumb. You probably get questions like this all the time and are frustrated with them, but help?

I'm probably just missing it... so I attached this image I took of what is on my screen so you'd know what I am looking at. I hope that helps. Can anyone help me? I feel so dumb, like I'm missing something obvious.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rgw3.jpg (50.0 KB, 13 views)
nachtprinzessin is offline                         Send a private message to nachtprinzessin
Old 16-02-2009, 08:28 PM   #2
Paco
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via ICQ to Paco Send a message via MSN to Paco Send a message via Yahoo to Paco

sorry to say this, but you cant downloads it here because its ESA-Protected.

see the Pic below?

Check here for Maps i made
Paco is offline                         Send a private message to Paco
Old 16-02-2009, 08:29 PM   #3
Chris
Abandonia Homie

Hallo nachtprinzessin,

this game is still supported by its developers and can not be downloaded for that reason. (please see links below)

We make only games available for download, which have been abandoned by their copyright owners. This one is still protected.

Princess Maker 2
This is Gainax's official site, translated from Japanese of course, there is still a support page => Link.
Also, accordingly to wikipedia there's a refined edition of P.MakerII => Link, which was released on 2004-09-30 for windows, it has improved graphics, sound quality and various other things, but basically it's the same game.
[PROTECTED]

Chris is offline                         Send a private message to Chris
Old 16-02-2009, 08:40 PM   #4
nachtprinzessin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbin View Post
Hallo nachtprinzessin,

this game is still supported by its developers and can not be downloaded for that reason. (please see links below)

We make only games available for download, which have been abandoned by their copyright owners. This one is still protected.

Princess Maker 2
This is Gainax's official site, translated from Japanese of course, there is still a support page => Link.
Also, accordingly to wikipedia there's a refined edition of P.MakerII => Link, which was released on 2004-09-30 for windows, it has improved graphics, sound quality and various other things, but basically it's the same game.
[PROTECTED]
I didn't know it was still supported, or even what that sign meant. Thank you for telling me. If it is still supported maybe I can get it somehow, but now I don't know why I was told I couldn't get it anymore. Now my head hurts.

Thanks!
nachtprinzessin is offline                         Send a private message to nachtprinzessin
Old 16-02-2009, 08:40 PM   #5
TheChosen
"I" in the Team

However!

I've previously asked to unprotect the game for several reasons: The version we have is a unreleased working beta of the english version. That is a total different product, both from the original and the enchanced version. And the reason I want this here is because you cant buy or acquire the english beta from anywhere legally.

You know, I'd actually like to raise this issue up again. I know that there is a website from the translators saying that "Its not Abandonware, please dont host it kthx."-somethinglikethat, but eh, I dont know. They dont work to Gainax anymore, they dont have the rights for the game (or the english version for that matter), so....
TheChosen is offline                         Send a private message to TheChosen
Old 16-02-2009, 08:56 PM   #6
nachtprinzessin

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChosen View Post
However!

I've previously asked to unprotect the game for several reasons: The version we have is a unreleased working beta of the english version. That is a total different product, both from the original and the enchanced version. And the reason I want this here is because you cant buy or acquire the english beta from anywhere legally.

You know, I'd actually like to raise this issue up again. I know that there is a website from the translators saying that "Its not Abandonware, please dont host it kthx."-somethinglikethat, but eh, I dont know. They dont work to Gainax anymore, they dont have the rights for the game (or the english version for that matter), so....
Wait.. so I can't get it? So confused. :nuts:
Old 16-02-2009, 09:09 PM   #7
Chris
Abandonia Homie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nachtprinzessin View Post
Wait.. so I can't get it? So confused. :nuts:
not yet, but maybe soon..

Chris is offline                         Send a private message to Chris
Old 16-02-2009, 09:18 PM   #8
nachtprinzessin

Oh well, I'll live either way. This place has lots of stuff to look at. You have the Kyrandia, I haven't played those since I was little. :nuts:

Thanks for all the help!
Old 16-02-2009, 10:20 PM   #9
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

This have absolutely nothing to do with troubleshooting... Moving...
Old 17-02-2009, 08:16 AM   #10
Dave
Mandolin & Spaghetti Soldier

This is the topic where I explained the reasons why we can't provide download:
http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/sho...princess+maker

Quote:
Note: Princess Maker 2 is not, nor has it ever been, freeware, abandonware, or shareware. The rights to the game still belong to NineLives, Gainax, and their licensees. SoftEgg is no longer in a position to grant publication rights to anyone, but still retains the rights to its English language translation (without the source code and art). So please stop pirating the game! Thank you.