Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 10-04-2005, 01:10 PM   #921
Dino
Call me Edmund

But those are too weak to shoot anything but small UFO down! :ranting: guess I'll have to do that... Thanx for the advice!
Old 10-04-2005, 02:44 PM   #922
Lizard
Abandonia Homie

Ah C´mon,it isnt THAT dificult....Interceptors with plasma cannon/fussion balls will do the job,if you send 2/3 on one UFO...(btw do you have elerium to reload these :blink: )
If you REALLY run out of elerium try arm them with avalanches and send them in swarm of 4-5 in one UFO(they will down it,but it will destroy at least 3 of them...)
Btw I used Skyranger even at the end of the game...They are REALLY wondeful crafts.... :wub:
Lizard is offline                         Send a private message to Lizard
Old 10-04-2005, 02:58 PM   #923
Spookyfish
Game freak

Quote:
Originally posted by Fama@Apr 10 2005, 12:17 PM
Why do I feel that all these "modern Xcom" projects have appeared lately? Or is it that they've been in development but I just found them? Anyway, I know these:

UFO: Alien Invasion
Playable, 2 demos, I think you can play multiplayer but you have to do it manually. Uses Quake 2's engine. Looks good to me. New (third) demo should be out soon, featuring akimbo wielding :Titan:
http://www.ufoai.net

Project Xenocide
Not playable (?), only a demo showing the geoscape and other stuff is ready.
http://www.projectxenocide.com

Earth Defense Force (EDF)
Not playable yet, just found it.
http://edf-project.sourceforge.net/

UFO: Extraterrestials
Not playable(?), release date September 2005.
http://www.ufo-extraterrestrials.com/

Xcom: Last Hope
A first person shooter based on Xcom.
http://www.xcom-lasthope.com/

X-Force: Fight For Destiny
A germanese (multilingual actually) remake of Xcom 1 & 2, I think. Haven't tried it yet.
http://www.xforce-online.de/

UFO 2000
Not really Xcom remake, but I'll add it anyway. Multiplayer Xcom, and it is on this site.
http://ufo2000.sourceforge.net

That's all I know. 6 of 'em :Brain: Gotta love it.
EDF looked ridiculous.

Quote:
Btw I used Skyranger even at the end of the game...They are REALLY wondeful crafts....
Agree . The only downside is that they are slooow...
Spookyfish is offline                         Send a private message to Spookyfish
Old 10-04-2005, 04:30 PM   #924
axident
Abandonia nerd

Quote:
Originally posted by Lizard@Apr 10 2005, 11:28 AM
Yea!
I finally beat Cydonia!!!!! :Brain: :Brain: :Brain:
Man I am GO(O)D :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:
I try some other challenge now....Hmm this no reload one looks fine
You beat the game using nothing but Avalanched-equipped Interceptors, Skyrangers, radar (no Hyperwave), no psi labs, no armor, and not even lasers or anything, but autocannons and high explosives?? Wow. Just... wow. Congrats. Somehow I think that you at least build psi labs (although no psi amps), else it would have taken you ages. But even so, not having anything better than autocannons must have totally sucked.
axident is offline                         Send a private message to axident
Old 10-04-2005, 04:32 PM   #925
Jman4117
Game freak

Quote:
Agree biggrin.gif. The only downside is that they are slooow...
Get about 6 of them then... :P
Jman4117 is offline                         Send a private message to Jman4117
Old 10-04-2005, 04:57 PM   #926
Lizard
Abandonia Homie

Quote:
Originally posted by axident+Apr 10 2005, 05:30 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (axident @ Apr 10 2005, 05:30 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Lizard@Apr 10 2005, 11:28 AM
Yea!
I finally beat Cydonia!!!!!* :Brain:* :Brain:* :Brain:
Man I am GO(O)D* :w00t:* :w00t:* :w00t:
You beat the game using nothing but Avalanched-equipped Interceptors, Skyrangers, radar (no Hyperwave), no psi labs, no armor, and not even lasers or anything, but autocannons and high explosives?? Wow. Just... wow. Congrats. Somehow I think that you at least build psi labs (although no psi amps), else it would have taken you ages. But even so, not having anything better than autocannons must have totally sucked. [/b][/quote]
I used hyperwave detectors and PSI labs...I didnt used anything that you couldnt "buy" and becouse you "buy" buildings,I decided that it is O.K to have them... LOL
In the end I didnt used practically nothing else than Rocket Launchers,Stun Rods and HE...Even Autocannon completly suck against mutons......(You can kill etherals pretty easy with them,I dont understand why,thought :blink: )
Old 10-04-2005, 05:39 PM   #927
axident
Abandonia nerd

Quote:
Originally posted by Lizard+Apr 10 2005, 04:57 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Lizard @ Apr 10 2005, 04:57 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Quote:
Originally posted by axident@Apr 10 2005, 05:30 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Lizard
Quote:
@Apr 10 2005, 11:28 AM
Yea!
I finally beat Cydonia!!!!!* :Brain:* :Brain:* :Brain:
Man I am GO(O)D* :w00t:* :w00t:* :w00t:

You beat the game using nothing but Avalanched-equipped Interceptors, Skyrangers, radar (no Hyperwave), no psi labs, no armor, and not even lasers or anything, but autocannons and high explosives?? Wow. Just... wow. Congrats. Somehow I think that you at least build psi labs (although no psi amps), else it would have taken you ages. But even so, not having anything better than autocannons must have totally sucked.
I used hyperwave detectors and PSI labs...I didnt used anything that you couldnt "buy" and becouse you "buy" buildings,I decided that it is O.K to have them... LOL
In the end I didnt used practically nothing else than Rocket Launchers,Stun Rods and HE...Even Autocannon completly suck against mutons......(You can kill etherals pretty easy with them,I dont understand why,thought :blink: ) [/b][/quote]
Yeah Hyperwave just makes life easier rather than building a ton of radars.. psi lab just to figure out whom to sack. Ethereals aren't good against HE ammo, unlike Mutons, and Ethereals don't have as much health as Mutons. Sheesh, now I'll have to try the Earthling-Tech challenge. :crazy:
axident is offline                         Send a private message to axident
Old 10-04-2005, 05:45 PM   #928
Lizard
Abandonia Homie

Duh Hyperwaves were sometimes even greater problem that advantage....I have monthly revenue something about 1000 dollars(Monthly earns-monthly costs....)...Then I destroyed that three alien bases, and dismmised some scientists and It was OK again.... LOL
Old 10-04-2005, 05:50 PM   #929
TwoHedWlf

Send a message via AIM to TwoHedWlf Send a message via MSN to TwoHedWlf

I've been playing my own variation. My variation is if I can get it from the aliens, I'm not allowed to use it(Except ship ship components and elerium) everything else is ok. So that allows armor.
Old 10-04-2005, 05:52 PM   #930
Lizard
Abandonia Homie

Quote:
Originally posted by TwoHedWlf@Apr 10 2005, 06:50 PM
I've been playing my own variation. My variation is if I can get it from the aliens, I'm not allowed to use it(Except ship ship components and elerium) everything else is ok. So that allows armor.
Hmmm....Armor?You have to use ALIEN alloys.... LOL