Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 10-04-2006, 04:08 PM   #81
Master MC
Hero Gamer

Yes, I'm very aware of the whole VIP thingy. The secrecy really adds a lot of attraction and mystery, does it not? :bleh:
Master MC is offline                         Send a private message to Master MC
Old 11-04-2006, 06:26 AM   #82
laiocfar
NOD Commander

I should get a better conection to fully use vip section?
Old 12-04-2006, 09:10 AM   #83
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Quote:
I should get a better conection to fully use vip section?
First you should earn yourself a VIP membership. Do something of high importance for the site. Like a dozen or so of reviews. Or a large bunch of uploads. You can earn VIP quickly if you just try.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 07-05-2006, 12:21 PM   #84
Gamer Dave

100 'Thank You's for putting this game out for us to download. I actually got this on the PS 1 in about 1996. I'm sooo keen to play any sequels (I once played a Japan/USA scenario on PC in 1998 - it was on a demo disc). Any ideas not mentioned in these pages?

d

Old 07-05-2006, 12:35 PM   #85
Gamer D

Quote:
Originally posted by PepaDrobny@Jun 14 2005, 10:44 AM
Hallo, I am inviting you to visit my page. I made a lot of things to PG. Bugs corrections, new campaigns and scenarios, Allied interface - all AG scenarios and campaigns can be played in the best PG1! k:

http://hartmann.valka.cz/panzergeneral/

My Slavonic language skills are even less impressive than my computing ones - how do I get that all to work on an XP Pc? The site looks so tempting..
Gamer D

(actually ok at strategy, struggling with lots of technical diffs. Someone challenge me to a PG PBM if they can)

D

Old 07-05-2006, 12:44 PM   #86
gamer D

Quote:
Originally posted by Privateer@Mar 25 2006, 05:06 PM
Of course they take less losses from AA and AD. Just compare ground defence of your good level bombers with that of your Stukas! HE177 in the sky is like a KV on the ground in terms of defence against ground-based attacks. It's a pity levels don't cause more damage, but suppression is good too when you take relatively few losses in return.

I wouldn't say the allied commander would not miss 70 prestige. They do have a lot, but 70 is 70. Even if they still have a lot left, that means you will be facing one fewer infantry or ATG later on. Like I said, I wouldn't concentrate just specifically on bombing their prestige, but if there is an open objective hex in range of my level, I might as well dump some explosives on it and cut the enemy's prestige.
Also, if you strat bomb somewhere enough, it can 'forget' which power it belongs to.

Gamer D

Old 07-05-2006, 05:00 PM   #87
Japo
Autonomous human

Quote:
Originally posted by gamer D@May 7 2006, 02:44 PM
Also, if you strat bomb somewhere enough, it can 'forget' which power it belongs to.
I didn't know it, how curious. Convincing people that it will suit themselves better to do your will by means of violence is called terrorism, you know. It was widely used during WW2, first by Germany and then by Britain and the USA. But hey, this is just a game, so slaughter on.

Quote:
Any ideas not mentioned in these pages?[/b]
Read the manual. This game is great at simulating what would happen in actual warfare. You've go to use the proper unit type for each task and you can't rely on just a couple of types.

For example, just like the manual says, armoured units are the most powerful and the most well protected, so they're the best suited to take offensive risks and not to end up beaten. But still, it's foolish to attack entrenched infantry with armour, the latter *will* end up beaten and the former will come with flying colours out of the combat.

I haven't read the whole thread so please excuse if I've repeated something.

EDIT: In case somebody considered my comments about terrorism biased, as if only Germany, Britain and the USA had used it, I was talking only about mass aerial bombings. The USSR used chiefly more conventional terrorism, the Red Army killed (and raped) thousands of Germans, ethnically cleansing them from thousands or squared kilometres of pre-war Germany, territories which passed to Polish and Russian sovereignty (I'm not talking about East Germany but about even more eastern lands).
Old 26-05-2006, 02:14 PM   #88

This game is a lot of fun, and best against other persons.
Here is an online comunity that still plays PBEM Panzer general games, highly recommended!
http://generalsguild.com/

Old 29-05-2006, 11:55 PM   #89
laiocfar
NOD Commander

Ohh, that is nice, i will join.
I will be waiting for japofran
Old 30-05-2006, 01:56 AM   #90
Japo
Autonomous human

Unhappy

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(laiocfar @ May 30 2006, 01:55 AM) [snapback]233127[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Ohh, that is nice, i will join.
I will be waiting for japofran
[/b]
LOL That would be nice, but... Sit down if you'll wait for me. I've got no more spare time now and besides, I played this game but a little bit. I read the manual, learned the basic mechanics and played a couple of missions, and think that it's greatly realistic, but for some reason I didn't get hooked. And as I've said, with my current tight schedule, I'm not joining, sorry.