Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 19-05-2005, 01:20 PM   #71
[TGAS]_NeK_

Hey everyone listen up I remember back when i played the game in about 1993 that i accidently deleted the version file out of the police quest 3 directory and though "ohhh know what have i done". I then ran the game and to my suprize the game was fine tough I now had a cool thing that I could do with the game, go ahead and try it. It will solve all your problems I promise the only effect it will have on the game is you want be able to restore your old save games so backup your version file before you delete and/or remove it from the police quest 3 directory :whistle: ohh yessss.....

Old 28-05-2005, 05:41 PM   #72
Scooby Doo the Booboo

I once got stuck at the beginning because I never got the dispatch call, too. It's a bug I guess. If it takes too long, restart the game from scratch.

Old 12-06-2005, 05:26 AM   #73
Sarah

Hey all
call me dumb but..
WHERE CAN I GET THIS GAME???
I had it aaaages ago on some old 3.1 disks but they r long gone, and i really wanna play it again... Is it still available on a compilation CD or something?

Old 12-06-2005, 06:15 AM   #74
Doc Adrian
Game Wizzard

Hmm its ESA protected, I would try Ebay or Amazon
Doc Adrian is offline                         Send a private message to Doc Adrian
Old 12-06-2005, 08:01 AM   #75
Sarah

Thanks mate :bye:

Old 05-10-2005, 12:28 PM   #76
inotoni
Forum hobbit

Send a message via ICQ to inotoni Send a message via AIM to inotoni Send a message via MSN to inotoni Send a message via Yahoo to inotoni

Quote:
Originally posted by the7thguest@May 5 2005, 05:37 PM
Hm. I think I'm stuck in the game because I missed a few things. When I had a look at the walkthrough I noticed there were things that I never encountered during the game... such as the highway action after the situation with the pregnant woman on the freeway, but nothing happened for me after that at all while driving. Also the second day Pat was supposed to have asked me to drive to the mall again and this time leave her bag in the car, never happened. I think because of this Im stuck now because im supposed to be doing something with Pat's issues now?? I'm at Day 6 and I need a warrant from court, but when I stop at the court it tells me i have no reason to be there. Do I have to start playing the game over again? :tai:
Same to me too. I guess back at early 90's, Sierra didn't consider "dead-ends" (forgot to do something at earlier points makes it impossible to finish the game) to be a crime in adventure game. I don't have earlier savegames n have no wish to replay it again.
Old 09-11-2005, 04:22 PM   #77
Kristofer

The game works for until I enter the car and should drive to Aspen Falls. Then a guy appears and says that I am to slow.

And the game is not fullscreen.

Can anyone help me with this?

Old 09-11-2005, 04:31 PM   #78
MdaG
Abandonia Homie

Send a message via ICQ to MdaG Send a message via AIM to MdaG Send a message via MSN to MdaG Send a message via Yahoo to MdaG

Quote:
Originally posted by Kristofer@Nov 9 2005, 05:22 PM
The game works for until I enter the car and should drive to Aspen Falls. Then a guy appears and says that I am to slow.

If you're using DOSBox then check out this: http://dosbox.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.p...b84338985e0c614
MdaG is offline                         Send a private message to MdaG
Old 09-11-2005, 08:55 PM   #79

Quote:
Originally posted by MdaG+Nov 9 2005, 05:31 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (MdaG @ Nov 9 2005, 05:31 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Kristofer@Nov 9 2005, 05:22 PM

If you're using DOSBox then check out this: http://dosbox.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.p...b84338985e0c614 [/b][/quote]
Thanks! Now I know how to make it fullscreen.

But when I step into the car the game loads so long. Maybe 2 minutes and then the police officer guy says I am to slow and it is game over..... :help:

Old 11-11-2005, 03:31 PM   #80
inotoni
Forum hobbit

Send a message via ICQ to inotoni Send a message via AIM to inotoni Send a message via MSN to inotoni Send a message via Yahoo to inotoni

Looks like a bug to me. Many old Sierra games had speed problems today. Try find patch w/ search engine. Sorry, can't give link.