Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 07-08-2005, 09:21 PM   #71
Gamefreak

You can occasionally refill the waterskin during the travels, there are some places that you can encounter.
But you can't refill them in towns as far as I can remember, just buy new, full ones.

Old 07-08-2005, 09:51 PM   #72
Vasiliy

How you guys can to enjoy by the nice music if Blade of Destiny is incompatible with modern sound cards?
Vasiliy is offline                         Send a private message to Vasiliy
Old 08-08-2005, 04:57 AM   #73
Gamefreak

If you play it in DosBox, you can listen to music if selected one of Soundblaster cards or a MIDI card.

Old 11-08-2005, 03:59 AM   #74
Vasiliy

Quote:
Originally posted by Gamefreak@Aug 8 2005, 04:57 AM
If you play it in DosBox, you can listen to music if selected one of Soundblaster cards or a MIDI card.
Is it possible in Windows98?
Old 11-08-2005, 07:58 PM   #75
Gamefreak

If you play it in Dos shell (command.com attachment) with Soundblaster drivers that are compatible to the old Soundblaster standard, or even in Dos mode though without sound, yes. But you would need a program that slows your PC down if you use at least a 500Mhz PC. This is a good one and easy to use: Slowdown

Old 12-08-2005, 03:47 AM   #76
Vasiliy

When I run Blade this way Windows'98 says that only this program can be run and is reloading in the MS-DOS mode.
Old 20-08-2005, 10:51 AM   #77
Maririta

I've tried in both Win98 and WinXP, I don't think running Blade in Dos prompt (which I assume you're using, do correct me if I'm wrong) is a very great idea (might just be my computer, but I got four freezes and one computer automatic shut-down); if you have a newer computer, use Dosbox. If you want to hear the music relatively unchopped, as it tends to do that, I've found that setting Dosbox on CPU Cycles: 3471-or-so/Frame Skip: 2 plays the music like my 486 would play it (I got best results on Thunderboard [and, of course, PC Internal Speaker ]; Roland tends to go on overdrive and end up sounding like a long, long beep and Soundblaster is guaranteed to give in at some point and it chops up the most - my soundcard emulates almost all old soundcards, so it could be that, too...). Running it on Win98 will result, more often than not, in a crash, although if you insist on trying it, you can always right click Blade.exe, go to Properties -> uncheck 'Run in DOS mode' from the extra settings [or, in XP, Compatibility -> Run program in compatibility mode *whatever*]... but I won't recommend it, as you'll have to either play without music or lose your mind fiddling with the memory settings). Usually in a place you'd rather not make your game crash in. WinXP, I believe, won't even run the game without manual help.

Dosbox, Dosbox, Dosbox, all the way, unless you're lucky enough to own a 486.

Again, correct me if I'm wrong and please let me know if that made no sense. Coming from a country where English is not a first nor a second language, my use of said language can be a bit halted sometimes and I know my explanations often lead to more confusion than clearness. *g*

Anyway. I'm working on a site with maps of the towns (all three games) as well as general gameplay information/character creation tips/whatnot you might find on a fangirl's site. Will keep you posted, as I've noticed many people have problems with the mapping system of especially the first game.

Sorry for confusing you, if I did.
Old 30-10-2005, 05:19 PM   #78
Jaydev

Great help, Maririta! And I should say that you have done a considerable job by providing us with all this info. All in all, this is a great game which I am enjoying since a very long time. If you've got any additional info, then please gimme, okay? Great.
By the way, how did you passed the dungeon under the Battle-school without getting your team poisoned by the gas? Plz keep it up.
Jaydev is offline                         Send a private message to Jaydev
Old 30-10-2005, 10:17 PM   #79
Oggy

You don't have to collect all parts of the map to find the Hygeliks sword. Even then, you can find the Unicron and if you make yourself nice (forgot what you really have to do), he will at some point give you a random map piece, or something like that. Sorry, didn't quite understand that, like many other things in this game, and played it long time ago. If somebody played this to the death, then it was me and a friend of mine. Anybody else maybe?, have a lot lot lot of questions... for instance, does anybody know what the red moon disc is used for?

Old 07-11-2005, 06:29 PM   #80
Erika

Man-i had this game down pat as a kid! I used to put it on the computer,play it, win and take it off-tn put it back on a few months later 'n' win against the orcs, then take it off. For some freason, my father decided to delete the disks the game came on- had a million disks floating around and he deletes the game disks! So its been years since i have played, adn i am so happy to have it again. But-i am having problems!

I am trying to run dos box and it tells me c:/ drive does not exsist. I will mount it into c:\blade but i will sil be in Z:\ drive. some how i have gotten to c:\-oh. wait, maybe i found part of the problem. still! i have gotten the game to open, but then i can't get past the intro. Never had this problem before-infact, never saw the intro before. how do i free myself of this incessant intro?