Inscrutable annoying boss

Send a message via MSN to gufu1992

died of offtopicness... sadly...
so anyone wants to play? :P
Old 23-12-2006, 11:15 PM   #72
Ioncannon
Abandonia Homie

Send a message via MSN to Ioncannon

Oh a C&C thread? Yepee!! Ok first, the reason why Ra2 blows IMO is EA's involvment. See when EA gets involved in anything it sucks (ahem Generals). And I have to say the Tiberium story (Red Alert 1 IS part of the Tiberium Story btw, its the prequal to Tib Dawn) is one of my favourite video game stories. Personally I think Tiberium Dawn was the best of the C&Cs. Finally, yes RA2 is easy to mod, but things liek superweapons and AI are hardcoded into the source, so it cannot be upgraded. Tiberian Sun was pretty good (Loved Slavik) but they music was a bit crap compared to the previouse music.

oh and Renegade is such a fun multi player game! Stealth Blackhand + Nuke beacon in your base
Ioncannon is offline                         Send a private message to Ioncannon
Old 24-12-2006, 01:36 PM   #73
InsaneFury
Forum hobbit

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ioncannon @ Dec 24 2006, 01:15 AM) [snapback]272446[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
See when EA gets involved in anything it sucks (ahem Generals).
(...)
oh and Renegade is such a fun multi player game! Stealth Blackhand + Nuke beacon in your base
[/b]
Right, so this implies EA wouldn't have anything to do with Renegade, right? :w00t:
InsaneFury is offline                         Send a private message to InsaneFury
Old 24-12-2006, 02:04 PM   #74
Ioncannon
Abandonia Homie

On the Planet CnC forums, I hear that it was mainly Westwood who created it, EA just published in that case. Though it was one of Westwood's lesser games.
Ioncannon is offline                         Send a private message to Ioncannon
Old 28-12-2006, 02:21 PM   #75
The Punisher
Abandonia nerd

EA Games sucks, they cant do one thing right...
The Punisher is offline                         Send a private message to The Punisher
Old 28-12-2006, 11:36 PM   #76
Wargh

Ah, good ol CnC.
God I love that game.

I played through RA1 (both sides) then through Tiberium Dawn, just to see Kane again at his finest.
I remember getting the game and it having a real tame ESRB rating, but then halfway through the Nod campaign.... Hahahaha, I still can't believe that one made it through the censors unnoticed.

I used to have the original for DOS at one point, but I must've lost it.
The only downfall with Decade is that they got rid of those extra-cool installation screens.
To keep those would've been awesome.
Wargh is offline                         Send a private message to Wargh
Old 29-12-2006, 01:33 AM   #77
Ioncannon
Abandonia Homie

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(FreshnMinty @ Dec 29 2006, 12:36 AM) [snapback]272705[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Ah, good ol CnC.
God I love that game.

I played through RA1 (both sides) then through Tiberium Dawn, just to see Kane again at his finest.
I remember getting the game and it having a real tame ESRB rating, but then halfway through the Nod campaign.... Hahahaha, I still can't believe that one made it through the censors unnoticed.

I used to have the original for DOS at one point, but I must've lost it.
The only downfall with Decade is that they got rid of those extra-cool installation screens.
To keep those would've been awesome.
[/b]
*Spoilers*

Where Kane kills Seth?

*/Spoliers*

Yea that part suprised and shocked me LOL. BTW you know Kane and Seth are same ppl from the Genesis passage in the bible?Kane is Cain from the Genesis passage, son of Adam and Eve. The story (IN C&C) is that Cain was brought through a time rift because of over use of the chrono sphere in RA1. He the created the Brotherhood of NOD (Also from the bible, where is say Cain then left to the land of nod). Pretty cool. Seth was Cain son.
Old 29-12-2006, 09:31 PM   #78
Wargh

o_o I was under the impression that after Instiene (sp?) travelled back in time to destroy hitler, that's when the worlds split, Stalin came into power, and Kane was playing one of Stalin's advisors. (You see him walk in cautiously, tell Stalin something you can't hear, then look at the camera (us) and run away)

When the Soviet movement was crushed and Stalin was kiled (strangled, apparantly) Kane was nowhere to be found, and then rose up later on.

I guess that still fits in with the RA1 chronosphere, but it wouldn't make sense if he came into contact with anything: The effects of the sphere would take effect, and the person, or thing he came into contact with would disintergrate, and then he'd jump back to his present day - after all, that's how Hitler was killed and when our world and the Tiberium world became different.

I mean, he's still alive in Tiberian Sun AND Tiberian Wars (coming this march, woo!), so it looks to me like he's got some of mama's good ol' fashioned immortality juice...

I think I like that game a little *too* much.
Wargh is offline                         Send a private message to Wargh
Old 02-01-2007, 08:50 PM   #79
Cosmonaut_Roger
Abandonia nerd

Ah Command and Conquer. This game brings back so many memories. I can specifically remember getting this game for Christmas of 95 (or 96?) and playing it all day, just marveling at the graphics and control capabilities. I was so engrossed in the game, more so than I had ever been. I still think the FMV clips are some of the best that were ever created for a game. And who could forget that cool install package.

Anyway, I enjoyed RA to some extent, although not nearly as much as CnC. I preordered Tiberian Sun special edition for $60 and I hated it. That game gave me no pleasure to play, it felt like a chore. I felt duped into falling for the hype. I never enjoyed RA2 either or Generals, its always been CnC for me.
Cosmonaut_Roger is offline                         Send a private message to Cosmonaut_Roger
Old 11-01-2007, 12:36 AM   #80
gufu1992
Inscrutable annoying boss

Send a message via MSN to gufu1992

I think Tiberian Sun was the best C&C game... mainly because it was first RTS I ever played... and I love it to this day