Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 19-09-2005, 05:56 PM   #61
Bobbin Threadbare
Not quite dead.

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally posted by Spoonman@Sep 20 2005, 03:37 AM
MI 3 and 4 were kind of disappointing (it was practically the same game with just new graphics which were not as cute imho), so I'm not at all that curious about any followups on those games.

But it would be VERY nice to see a new Sam&Max game, I hope it will be able to be as good (or even better?), funny and smart-witted as the first one.

S&M video cartoons?? Hmm let's have a looksearch for those
MI3? Disapointing? That's my second fave MI game. How dare you say that. Monkey 4 was sh*t though.

As for getting episodes, Limewire's your best bet. Not on WinMX.

Look at this crazy thing I found on [CGA]:
Quote:
or the rest there are three new Master System games available packed in our user-friendly installer so it shouldn't be a problem to get them working. The other four new games are PC Games, and I can tell you we aren't talking about just some regular games because the games in question are Crusader: No Regret, Full Throttle (heavy download, almost 200MB), The Settlers and Universe!
Are they crazy? They'll get sued for putting that up.
Old 19-09-2005, 09:09 PM   #62
Spoonman
Flyswatter

Yeah I found that one too, I believe there were rumors going on that Full Throttle had been released as freeware (or at least they stopped selling it, something like that). I couldn't find any news of it on the official Lucasart site though, so I don't know really..

btw, the download didn't work when I tried it :P

I didn't think MI3 was bad, but it has too much of the same concepts of the former episodes (find a crew, find a ship, meet the same characters..). It just wasn't the same feeling anymore.. but nice graphics and cut-scenes though.
Old 19-09-2005, 09:14 PM   #63
Blood-Pigggy
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

MI3 was the best in my opinion.
I thought MI4 was perfect, EXCEPT for that HORRENDOUS Monkey Kombat.

My Site -
http://sites.google.com/site/eyenixon
Blood-Pigggy is offline                         Send a private message to Blood-Pigggy
Old 20-09-2005, 09:13 AM   #64
Bobbin Threadbare
Not quite dead.

Unhappy

@Pigggy: Monkey 2's my favourite one.
@Spoonman: Downloads are currently offline at [CGA]. Full Throttle isn't freeware even though LucasArts aren't doing anything with it. It's also not in the store. (73# 13( f@&&07$)

Anyway, we're talking in a thread about Sam And Max's resurrection, yet we're talking about Monkey Island and Full Throttle.
Old 20-09-2005, 09:20 AM   #65
Apocalypse Dude
Super Freak

How about Full Throttle; Hell on Wheels, I remenber it being anounced about 2 years ago, are they ever going to finish it...
Apocalypse Dude is offline                         Send a private message to Apocalypse Dude
Old 20-09-2005, 09:22 AM   #66
Quintopotere
Home Sweet Abandonia

I'm sure enough that they stopped to develope it... it will remain e dream...
Old 20-09-2005, 12:01 PM   #67
Bobbin Threadbare
Not quite dead.

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally posted by Apocalypse Dude+Sep 20 2005, 07:20 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Apocalypse Dude @ Sep 20 2005, 07:20 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> How about Full Throttle; Hell on Wheels, I remenber it being anounced about 2 years ago, are they ever going to finish it... [/b]

*sigh* You guys should be more updated.

<!--QuoteBegin-MixnMojo@6th August 2003

Full Throttle 2 Cancelled

IGN published this article today, claiming that LucasArts has announced the cancellation of Full Throttle: Hell on Wheels. Shortly after that, LucasArts also published a mention on their own website with a quote from Simon Jeffery:

"We do not want to disappoint the many fans of Full Throttle," says Simon Jeffery, president of LucasArts, "and hope everyone can understand how committed we are to delivering the best quality gaming experience that we possibly can."
[/quote]

And there you go.

Spoonman. [CGA]The file's ISO means you need DEAMON Tools. Also you might not have enough credits. (I've got 780)
Old 20-09-2005, 12:15 PM   #68
Spoonman
Flyswatter

Hmm well I know about Deamon tools, but my download was simply said to be corrupted, maybe I should try again then.

Anyway, let's get back to Sam & Max

..of which I don't have much to say actually :P I hope screenshots will be available soon, those of Freelance Police were actually very promising *keeps fingers crossed*

I was wondering if there is room for adventure games in the gaming market. It hasn't been the case for many years now, do you guys think it will work?
Old 20-09-2005, 02:07 PM   #69
Bobbin Threadbare
Not quite dead.

Unhappy

Mojo is the best supplier for these things. As it turns out it's like a series. Like the TV show. http://mixnmojo.com/php/site/gamedb.php?gameid=133

Turns out there's a new Bone game to be made in the future too. The next chapter is Bone: The Great Cow Race Cool name.

Spoonman, Full Throttle wastes 120 credits. You should only get it if you have plenty. Like me, I've got 780.
Old 20-09-2005, 03:51 PM   #70
Fawfulhasfury
Home Sweet Abandonia

Yes and after that, they should begin workon the third installment, Bone: Eye of the Storm. But I'm definitely looking forward to seeing Phoneys scheme come to life in the second game. I'm one of the lucky fools who actually bought the game. :P
Fawfulhasfury is offline                         Send a private message to Fawfulhasfury