Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Music, Art, Movies
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

View Poll Results: Is manowar the ultimate metal band in the known universe ?
Yes, of course 5 9.62%
Yes, but barely 0 0%
No, not since they dumped Ross the Boss 2 3.85%
No, but keep up the good work 8 15.38%
No way, they are a bunch of loosers 18 34.62%
Manowar ? 19 36.54%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Old 27-07-2005, 11:52 AM   #61
Chuck the plant
Game Wizzard

Quote:
Originally posted by Lonely Vazdru@Jul 27 2005, 03:12 AM
Is there any chance that mister "professional disagreement" would even remotly consider the possibility, that maybe, just maybe, they are the way they are just because they really like what they do ? :blink:
I DID that at some point, but that was QUITE some time ago. And I gave you lots of perfectly good explanations why I DON'T think like that anymore.
Unlike you, who never gave any explanation ´but just keeps repeating phrases of personal opinion.
Chuck the plant is offline                         Send a private message to Chuck the plant
Old 27-07-2005, 08:10 PM   #62
Indignus IV
Game Wizzard

Talking

What the heck is manowar? :blink:
Indignus IV is offline                         Send a private message to Indignus IV
Old 27-07-2005, 09:29 PM   #63
Havell
Home Sweet Abandonia

They're a band:

EDIT: (That's a particularly homosexual photograph)
Havell is offline                         Send a private message to Havell
Old 27-07-2005, 09:36 PM   #64
Lonely Vazdru
Super Freak

Quote:
Originally posted by Chuck the plant@Jul 27 2005, 11:52 AM
Unlike you, who never gave any explanation ´but just keeps repeating phrases of personal opinion.
C'mon, give it a break, we're all into personal opinions. I think they are honest. You don't. It's all personal opinions. Unless you are Joey DeMaio in disguise, in which case you know what you're talking about and i don't. But somehow i don't think you are him. So it all comes down to what we think. It's music we're talking about, not sports, maths or anything that can be measured or counted. So of course it's personal opinions.
And the Kiss exemple was well chosen indeed. There have always been people who think that Kiss success was ONLY due to the make-up thing. Many Kiss fans rather think it's because of the music. Is there anyway to change the mind of those who think Kiss is a marketing operation and nothing more ? I don't think so. Same goes for Manowar. If you think people listen to their music only because of their antics and image, what can I do to change your mind ? Swear that i would listen to their future albums even without the whole shebang that usually comes with it as long as the music is as good as always ? Because that's what i would do, even if i'd miss the cliché attitude stuff.

R Havell : Thanx for the picture. It does well to illustrate this thread. And show what Manowar is. And what i'm up against by defending them. And don't you start pretending they're gay. I have enough on my mind right now :whistle:
That picture rocks !
Lonely Vazdru is offline                         Send a private message to Lonely Vazdru
Old 27-07-2005, 10:04 PM   #65
Xikarita
Abandonia nerd

Quote:
Originally posted by Chuck the plant@Jul 27 2005, 02:14 AM

Would you say that ANY Black Metal Band would sell better if they'd sing about love and friendship and get some decent looks?

It wouldn't really be Black Metal then, would it? :whistle: But not all bands are like Cradle Of Filth, etc. Unfortunately, those that don't have such an aggressive ''pose'' are a vast...minority
Old 05-08-2005, 01:49 AM   #66
omg
Games Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Lonely Vazdru@Jul 27 2005, 09:36 PM
Thanx for the picture. It does well to illustrate this thread. And show what Manowar is. And what i'm up against by defending them. And don't you start pretending they're gay. I have enough on my mind right now :whistle:
hahahahahaha. you have to admit tho they do look like a bunch of mincers in that photo. i think its the fact that they have clearly been covering each other in baby oil. (and the guy with the ymca moustache and leather trousers)
in fact they could be the village people from that photo. now wheres the red indian..
let me hear it for the y.m.c.a!
omg is offline                         Send a private message to omg
Old 05-08-2005, 01:55 AM   #67
Lonely Vazdru
Super Freak

The problem with gay image and attitude is that i never knew who started this. The real barbarians who were tuff and buff because they were warriors, or the gay who look tuff and buff because they love the male body so much. Not that i would really care if Manowar were gay though, but it would contradict a lot of what they say and make them false in my eyes (and in their own too). But i think they are too primitive to be gays.
Lonely Vazdru is offline                         Send a private message to Lonely Vazdru
Old 05-08-2005, 02:26 AM   #68
blastradius14
Abandonia Homie

The heroically gay band: Queen. The rediculous gay band: Wham. The Metal gay band (or well baby-oiled appearing, perhaps falsly misleading): Manowar LOL

Maybe they are just weird and get over-warm on stage when they wear lots of clothes. The lighting might be able to do that to someone :blink:
blastradius14 is offline                         Send a private message to blastradius14
Old 05-08-2005, 03:04 AM   #69
Lonely Vazdru
Super Freak

The official gay metal icon is Rob Halford of Judas Priest fame.
Old 05-08-2005, 03:14 AM   #70
blastradius14
Abandonia Homie

Official? OK they can have their own stamp of approval
blastradius14 is offline                         Send a private message to blastradius14