Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Community News & Feedback > Old Suggestions
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 16-01-2007, 02:51 AM   #61
Avelardo
Abandonia nerd

Hit him where it hurts. Hit him in the wallet.

...unless you live near him, in which case, I'd hope you oblige to hit him in the nuts.
Avelardo is offline                         Send a private message to Avelardo
Old 16-01-2007, 03:43 AM   #62
Lulu_Jane
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

May I suggest that a few other people contact PayPal. I'm still waiting for a response from them, but I believe they'll be quicker to act on a number of complaints rather than just one, which could be passed off as a crazy person.

Also, to whomever said, "not worth it," I disagree. I think that anything we can do to annoy this guy is worth it, because eventually a whole host of annoyances becomes something that often kills the passion of folks who run websites.*

*I'm using the term "passion" here very loosely, because the way he runs the site it's pretty apparent that he doesn't feel much passion for the software he provides, unlike Abandonia.
Old 16-01-2007, 12:04 PM   #63
Dave
Mandolin & Spaghetti Soldier

...why don't nuke him with hack attacks?
He deserve it.. :tai:
Old 16-01-2007, 04:38 PM   #64
carpetsmoker
Forum hobbit

Are the downloads on this guy's page actually a link to abandonia/hotu? instead instead of his own server?
I wonder how he does that with HOTU, since they have image-protection.

Anyway.
he has violated copyright, the owner of the copyright (abandonia or the author of the review, depending on agreements made) can, and in my opinion should, simply press charges if he doesn't take the review offline.
Simple as that, although things could get complicated if the author and this guy are from two different country's.
carpetsmoker is offline                         Send a private message to carpetsmoker
Old 16-01-2007, 06:25 PM   #65
win98
In the loop on hardware.

Just rename the downloads and then we have a start. You can also continually contact paypal and stuff like that.
win98 is offline                         Send a private message to win98
Old 17-01-2007, 06:36 AM   #66
TheChosen
"I" in the Team

Now there's a total bastard.

Whatever Abandonia decides to do to this guy, I suggest to deal this one nice and cleanly. If we sent hackers and mailbombs at him, where as stupid and annoying as he is.
TheChosen is offline                         Send a private message to TheChosen
Old 17-01-2007, 06:46 AM   #67
MV75
Abandonia nerd

Is there some way to make an article with the details on this guy and what he's doing that is then posted here, and also indexed by google?

Here's the thing, if it's possible to get it indexed right, to appear in a search list that is next to any google results for his page, say by URL, (the article contains his URL that is then indexed and comes up next to his results), then people will have the chance to get informed and come here or elsewhere instead for free.

I hope that makes sense. Sort of try and make a "warning" appear along with the results for his site.
________
FORD SIERRA RS COSWORTH HISTORY

Last edited by MV75; 05-05-2011 at 09:12 AM.
MV75 is offline                         Send a private message to MV75
Old 17-01-2007, 08:43 AM   #68
gregor
Home Sweet Abandonia

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(plix @ Jan 16 2007, 03:18 AM) [snapback]275121[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Not worth it. This guy has been doing this for some time and has been contacted repeatedly. He operates with relative impunity because of his location and that of his host. Don't bother with him, you'll get no where. The only real outside chance at getting him shut down is through his host (though there's been little luck there).

There was a rather long discussion about this guy some time ago on DFL (archive.org link as DFL has been broken for some time).
[/b]

what dooyu mean "because of his location"? He is in Czech republic isn't he? that's in EU and they must comply to EU regulation, directives and laws on Copyright. Their laws are made in such a way to comply to them. The had to change them before they could even get accepted as members. so i don't see location as a problem.
Lifts-Her-Tail: But it is huge! It could take me all night!
Crantius Colto: Plenty of time, my sweet. Plenty of time.
From The Lusty Argonian Maid by Crassius Curio found in TES3: Morrowind
gregor is offline                         Send a private message to gregor
Old 17-01-2007, 08:45 AM   #69
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Quote:
Is there some way to make an article with the details on this guy and what he's doing that is then posted here, and also indexed by google?[/b]
Googlebombing might work, altough I think there were some countermeasures introduced lately.
Quote:
Are the downloads on this guy's page actually a link to abandonia/hotu? instead instead of his own server?
I wonder how he does that with HOTU, since they have image-protection.[/b]
A wise man said once "every protection was created to be broken". HOTU has been changing their image protection many times over the years, yet Muncinski always found a way to get around that.

Quote:
I think that anything we can do to annoy this guy is worth it, because eventually a whole host of annoyances becomes something that often kills the passion of folks who run websites.*[/b]
It is my belief that if we are persistent enough, he will simply quit the business as not worth the fuss.

Quote:
what dooyu mean "because of his location"? He is in Czech republic isn't he? that's in EU and they must comply to EU regulation, directives and laws on Copyright. Their laws are made in such a way to comply to them. The had to change them before they could even get accepted as members. so i don't see location as a problem.[/b]
In the eastern Europe, warez were very widespread until a few years ago. In fact, they were more or less publically accepted as the means of acquiring new software and games.
That still remains in the peoples' mindset.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 17-01-2007, 09:48 AM   #70
carpetsmoker
Forum hobbit

Quote:
In the eastern Europe, warez were very widespread until a few years ago. In fact, they were more or less publicly accepted as the means of acquiring new software and games.
That still remains in the peoples' mindset.[/b]
And this is different in the rest of the world....?

In any case, Gregor is right, the Czech republic joined the EU in 2004, I'm not a lawyer, but I'm pretty sure that the stuff Muncinski is pulling is pretty illegal.

Just the fact that he's selling abandonware is illegal, which is something different than offering it for free and kindly asking for a donation.

I would at the very least discus the situation with a lawyer, and see what is and isn't possible.
carpetsmoker is offline                         Send a private message to carpetsmoker