Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 16-10-2009, 09:57 PM   #651
Tharios
Lurker

Default Stupid Question?

I might be crazy, but I swear I saw it somewhere once...

Is there any known way to disable the Spell of Mastery? I don't have any trouble beating the other wizards to it, but I'd rather crush them militarily instead since it's more satisfying, and I'd rather not be in a hurry, since I'm a sadist.

I could be wrong, but it would be great if I'm not.
Tharios is offline                         Send a private message to Tharios
Old 17-10-2009, 06:04 PM   #652
LordLydon
Lurker

If you want to disable the Spell of Mastery, the only way I know of is with this editor.

Go to the MoM fansite; www.dragonsword.com and download the SaveGame Editor #3 by Richard A DiBlasi. You can read the included "Readme.txt" but it's pretty straight forward.

Seems to work, have fun... or whatever sadist do!
LordLydon is offline                         Send a private message to LordLydon
Old 18-10-2009, 05:08 PM   #653
Smiling Spectre
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via ICQ to Smiling Spectre Send a message via AIM to Smiling Spectre Send a message via MSN to Smiling Spectre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oskatat View Post
there is just one problem with this game: any opponent who has mastered cracks call.
It is basically not a problem. Cracks call don't work on flying opponent. Also with high magic resistance it have little of use. And Mana counter prevent opponent from using Cracks Call at all. Missile immunity negates range weapons, etc., etc.

Another question, that computer opponents cannot use all of this very effective.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tharios View Post
Is there any known way to disable the Spell of Mastery?
Why? If you don't want, you may decide do not cast it. If OTHERS cast it - well, there is military dominance and Dispel.
Smiling Spectre is offline                         Send a private message to Smiling Spectre
Old 22-10-2009, 01:10 PM   #654
Oskatat
Game freak

it doesnt work on flying opponents, true, so you need to be able to enchant items with flight or cast the spell and not have it disspelled. as to magic resistance.... thats the catch. it has a flat chance on working, no extra luck or whatever
Oskatat is offline                         Send a private message to Oskatat
Old 26-10-2009, 01:04 PM   #655
Smiling Spectre
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via ICQ to Smiling Spectre Send a message via AIM to Smiling Spectre Send a message via MSN to Smiling Spectre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oskatat View Post
it doesnt work on flying opponents, true, so you need to be able to enchant items with flight or cast the spell and not have it disspelled. as to magic resistance.... thats the catch. it has a flat chance on working, no extra luck or whatever
I dunno, because it was about ten years already, when I last checked it, but... Is Regeneration for Cracks Call don't work too? Also, you can Dispel magical beings, you can Disintegrate anyone, and you can Raise fallen heroes... Is it not enough to counterweight one single Cracks Call?
Smiling Spectre is offline                         Send a private message to Smiling Spectre
Old 27-10-2009, 06:03 AM   #656
Scatty
Treasure hunter

Cracks call destroys a complete unit if successful, so to speak a unit of War Trolls which consists of 4 trolls would disappear completely through the spell. If the side they were on wins the fight though they will reappear in the army at the end again.
You can't disintegrate units with Magic Immunity btw., but Cracks Call works on such units like Paladins.
Scatty is offline                         Send a private message to Scatty
Old 01-11-2009, 05:26 PM   #657
Smiling Spectre
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Ah, then I remember it right.

1. Cracks call didn't destroy whole units - it destroys individual creatures. So it is possible to destroy whole troll squad, but not very likely.

2. If Regeneration works, it is never a problem. You can wait for end of battle, or resurrect units right away (losing all enchantments, though). So nothing too troublesome.
Old 11-11-2009, 05:22 PM   #658
Oskatat
Game freak

it destroys great wyrms (very usefull at nature nodes) and heroes. If you dont collect life books, it is near impossible to get those heroes and their gear back
Old 13-11-2009, 08:45 AM   #659
Scatty
Treasure hunter

Actually I noticed that the enemy wizards, since they keep summoning heroes and champions all the time, manage to get their shortly slain developed heroes back with the same higher levels and stats but without the artifacts, without any life books.
I think you have to summon the hero or champion soon after he died as long as another player didn't summon that one yet, which would keep his level and experience so far. If he's been summoned in the meantime already by someone other, you'll get only the basic version of him again, with chances that the other opponent will get you strong developed hero instead. Same applies to you as human player, you can sometimes get the opponent's stronger, just slain, hero summoned instead of the generic level 1.
Scatty is offline                         Send a private message to Scatty
Old 13-11-2009, 08:02 PM   #660
Oskatat
Game freak

so you will still lose equipment and experience in them... good tradeoff. And if your observation is about the more difficult settings.... well, the AI cheats, just a little. They dont observe hero, upkeep and other rules as much as you do

how does it show? attack a town. if you didnt capture it, but left only 1 unit alive, it will often have a full garison again pretty soon. by money? but it was 15 last time i looked at diplomacy. Movement? its an outpost, do the maths. Magic? unless he got something detect magic cant see and spellblast cant cure