Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 16-04-2008, 08:53 PM   #51
Newkid1500

Default Notes on the game

So people are still playing this game. Pretty funny. On the countries being similar-sized to states, sometimes you have to pick the next closest sized state, so instead of Kentucky, Iceland was said to be the size of Virginia. I got that out of an old encyclopedia. Besides, I'm Canadian and not really up on the sizes of different states anyway.

Can't somebody update Where in the World is Carmen San Diego? I'd buy an updated version. Some of the flags have changed, U.S.S.R. no longer exists, nor Czechoslovakia. Don't have to change the graphics, I'm totally fine with old-style graphics. I own an up-to-date book of flags and currencies. That game is still stuck back in 1989. While you're at it, update the Where in Europe? version.
Newkid1500 is offline                         Send a private message to Newkid1500
Old 16-04-2008, 09:00 PM   #52
Mighty Midget
Pox Vobiscum

Or, you can see it as a history lesson, the world map anno 1989. If one updates old classics like that, won't it be natural to have three terrorists chasing pac-man? Ghosts are so out of fashion.

Last edited by Mighty Midget; 16-04-2008 at 09:05 PM.
Mighty Midget is offline                         Send a private message to Mighty Midget
Old 16-04-2008, 10:16 PM   #53
Sal
Game Wizzard

Default Carmen Sandiego

Until recently I still had my original "Where in the world is Carmen Sandiego" disks. It has been great to revisit these games via Abandonia.I am no expert on flags or countries and never looked up encyclopaedias or the net but found the clues given in the games worked for me quite well. The game probably is a bit dated now but like many games of that era pulls one back to play it again and again....Sal
Sal is offline                         Send a private message to Sal
Old 17-04-2008, 11:14 AM   #54
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Quote:
Can't somebody update Where in the World is Carmen San Diego? I'd buy an updated version. Some of the flags have changed, U.S.S.R. no longer exists, nor Czechoslovakia. Don't have to change the graphics, I'm totally fine with old-style graphics. I own an up-to-date book of flags and currencies. That game is still stuck back in 1989. While you're at it, update the Where in Europe? version.
The only way to do that would be if the original developer decided to make a new version. Which I really don't see happening - with todays kids, it's easier to market Doom 4 to them than anything that requires more brains than pressing fire when next enemy appears onscreen

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 17-04-2008, 11:52 PM   #55
Sal
Game Wizzard

Default Where in the world is carmen sandiego

To the 5th Horseman:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:still chuckling your comment was really good:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:...Sal
Sal is offline                         Send a private message to Sal
Old 19-05-2008, 06:34 PM   #56
RAWR2113
Lurker

Default Help!!!

In the game...Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego....how do you get past the part where your in China and you have to mix the formulas....
all i know is there is a dragon, a rabbit, and a snake

The clues are:

If i breath fire, use twice as much from me than if i hiss

If i hop, use three times as much from me than if i slither

If i exist only in myths, use four from me

Plese help me!!! Thanks!
p.s how many of each do i use? and you can only have up to 6 from each
RAWR2113 is offline                         Send a private message to RAWR2113
Old 19-05-2008, 07:04 PM   #57
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

Where in the world of computer gaming are you my friend???

What you just mentioned has nothing to do with any of the Carmen Sandiego games. Please check again which game you're playing and repeat the question (possible in the discusion for that given game).
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos
Old 19-05-2008, 08:34 PM   #58
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

This definitely isn't from any game in the Carmen San Diego series (or any other I played, for that matter).

But the puzzle itself is elementary, my dear Watson.

"If i exist only in myths, use four from me"
"If i breath fire, use twice as much from me than if i hiss"
"If i hop, use three times as much from me than if i slither"

Each adjective describes one of the three animals.
Breaths fire, exists only in myths = Dragon.
Hisses & Slithers = Snake
Hops = Rabbit

One sentence gives you a value outright, the second tells you the proportion between it and the first unknown and the third tells you the proportion between the two unknowns. The rest is a repeat of primary school maths:

Dragon = 4
Dragon = 2x Snake => 4 = 2x Snake => Snake = 2
Rabbit = 3x Snake => Rabbit = 6

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 19-05-2008, 08:52 PM   #59
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

Old 20-05-2008, 02:02 AM   #60
fender178
Abandonia nerd

I remember playing these games growing up especially where in the world is Carmen San Diego a damn good game. I have yet to download it from somewhere and play it again.
fender178 is offline                         Send a private message to fender178